Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 03:26 PM

20,366 posts, read 19,986,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
The fake outrage is strong in 2019.
The Holocaust gives you a calming feeling too? That's cool.

Freedom of thought and association is important in a free society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 03:28 PM

18,498 posts, read 15,306,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There was nothing hateful about her comment. I love how you twist her words and then fail to comment on the alt-right screaming 6 million more in Arkansas.

What a smoke screen to try and portray Democrats as anti-semitic whilst you ignore the extremely large plank in your own party.

But this is par for the course.

There is simply no rational discourse to be had wit you because your entire purpose is demonizing democrats.
I am not speaking for her, or anyone else for that matter, but I concentrate more on left wing antisemites because the left tries to pretend that left wing antisemitism doesn't exist.

I think we all acknowledge that there are right wing antisemites, and they are scum. You will never find me defending them. But people on the left, try to sweep their antisemites under the rug instead of fighting against them, which allows them to flourish. You see them on college campuses all over the country. They put eviction notices on the dorm rooms of Jewish students. Then you have the swastikas painted on synagogues in Brooklyn. It turned out the perpetrators, caught on video, were all African Americans.

Hell, you see them right in congress, and I’m not even talking about our new freshmen congresswomen. Look at all the love for Farrakhan. Can you imagine if GOP congressmen invited David Duke to speak, and they posed for photo ops with him? Yet, when democrats do it, you guys are silent, so if you don't want to acknowledge it and speak against it, I will.

The day that Farrakhan becomes the pariah that David Duke or Richard Spencer are, is the day I might start to believe that the left really cares about antisemitism.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:50 PM

13,251 posts, read 21,876,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I am not speaking for her, or anyone else for that matter, but I concentrate more on left wing antisemites because the left tries to pretend that left wing antisemitism doesn't exist.
More accurately, the right-wing pretends that left wing antisemitism is rampant when it's not. And this thread is a perfect example.

Read: https://www.jta.org/2019/05/14/opini...what-you-think

Quote:
I think we all acknowledge that there are right wing antisemites, and they are scum. You will never find me defending them. But people on the left, try to sweep their antisemites under the rug instead of fighting against them, which allows them to flourish. You see them on college campuses all over the country. They put eviction notices on the dorm rooms of Jewish students. Then you have the swastikas painted on synagogues in Brooklyn. It turned out the perpetrators, caught on video, were all African Americans.

Hell, you see them right in congress, and I’m not even talking about our new freshmen congresswomen. Look at all the love for Farrakhan. Can you imagine if GOP congressmen invited David Duke to speak, and they posed for photo ops with him? Yet, when democrats do it, you guys are silent, so if you don't want to acknowledge it and speak against it, I will.

The day that Farrakhan becomes the pariah that David Duke or Richard Spencer are, is the day I might start to believe that the left really cares about antisemitism.
Oh please. Your side coddles antisemites with garbage like, "There are good people on both sides".

Remember the whole David Duke debacle?

"I know David Duke".
"I don't know David Duke".

Hell, just look at Steve Bannon and Breitbart, self-described as, "The Platform for the Alt.Right." Pandering to racists is a fundamental part of Trump's strategy.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:53 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,089,000 times
When I read her quote I didn't get that the Holocaust gave her a calming feeling but it was that during that time Palestinians helped Jews.

Reading comprehension is so underrated these days.

Having said that -- I think there is a healthy debate on HOW much the Palestinians helped.

But the headline of this thread, and Chaney's claims are either purposely false (which is kind of sketchy) or we have serious issues with reading comprehension.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:56 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,877,308 times
I certainly agree with the above, in regards to Farrakhan! Why indeed, does he get away with so much ugly, horrific rhetoric?

Tlab's recent issue also reminds me of when Clarence Thomas was accused of blatant sexism during his supreme court hearings. The issue raised by Anita Hill was in regards to sexist, bullying behavior; and she knew many others who could corroborate her story. They weren't allowed to testify. He got away with it!

At the end, Thomas cried that he was being picked on for being African-American, as if that was the main issue! And damn it if he wasn't successful. We now have this arrogant, narcissistic, sexist pig on the supreme court (well, at least one). Nice.

Apparently in Washington, all you have to do is say, "poor, poor me, look at my oppressed people", or "oh, look at my poor grannie on the west bank..." and all of your misdeeds magically disappear!

Tlaib can own up to her incredibly clumsy rhetoric and learn how to speak clearly, intelligently, and with dignity. So far, she is an embarrassment to all Americans, especially those she claims to represent.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:08 PM

27,715 posts, read 16,217,191 times
A day later and the dnc/cnn hook her up with a (d) jew, headlined to “fight whitey”. Go figure.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When I read her quote I didn't get that the Holocaust gave her a calming feeling but it was that during that time Palestinians helped Jews.

Reading comprehension is so underrated these days.

Having said that -- I think there is a healthy debate on HOW much the Palestinians helped.

But the headline of this thread, and Chaney's claims are either purposely false (which is kind of sketchy) or we have serious issues with reading comprehension.
Not disagreeing with your post, but if people on the right keep saying this until it becomes true in people’s minds, it will not be much different than the “very fine people” quote that the left keeps hammering home, even to this day.

I’m not particularly happy that we have come to this point, but turnabout is fair play.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:02 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,842,019 times
Most Jews still vote for Democrats. Are they voting against their best interests?

Old 05-14-2019, 05:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,587,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

Who loves Farrakhan? I never see a Democrat praising him; quoting him; following him. I personally can't stand him.

Indeed, the alt-right has cozied up to the GOP and they have allowed MANY white supremacists to address their party - under the more appetizing name of the Alt-right.

Including the Proud Boys and Gavin McInnes.

Republican Steve King has met with White Nationalist groups in Austria.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who loves Farrakhan? I never see a Democrat praising him; quoting him; following him. I personally can't stand him.

Indeed, the alt-right has cozied up to the GOP and they have allowed MANY white supremacists to address their party - under the more appetizing name of the Alt-right.

Including the Proud Boys and Gavin McInnes.

Republican Steve King has met with White Nationalist groups in Austria.
I was talking about the 21 democratic US congressmen who invited him to speak, and then took photo ops with him. Not to mention, one former President who not only took a photo op with him, but also had an antisemitic family preacher and lifelong friend.

I wasn’t necessarily talking about regular democratic voters, though many people were praising him on Twitter when Facebook banned him, and I am pretty sure that most of them were regular democratic voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies