Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 06:26 PM

2,923 posts, read 979,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Does anyone on this forum actually believe that the Arabs "warmly welcomed" the Jews?
with a warm machete blade maybe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 06:41 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Tlaib defenders claim she didn't mean what everyone understood her to say.

They cry foul, but the media sides with dems as a good propaganda machine would. .

Back to Charlotte, Trumps words were twisted by democrats and the media did its part to spread the democrat interpretation.

It is clear democrats have no room in their hearts for Jews. Another group they will easily sacrifice for muslim and social justice contingent votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Funny, when the EXACT SAME THING is done by the left with a Trump "quote," you have no problem with it. Like his statement after Charlottesville.

Just repeating this. Cry me a river on this one, all you who are defending Tlaib. I agree that she didn't mean it exactly how it sounded, but in the spirit of fairness, it's only right that she gets raked over the coals for this.

Let's come back a year later and still pretend she said the Holocaust is calming, m'kay? Sound good, all of you who twisted Trump's Charlottesville comments? What's good for the gander is good for the goose. (Yeah, I know it's backward, but we have to be gender aware these days.)

Old 05-13-2019, 06:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Wow, did you pull a muscle trying to stretch her lie into a truth? She implied the Palestinians welcomed the Jews fleeing Europe when the plain and simple truth is the exact opposite as Muslims in Palestine were actively trying to exterminate the Jews even before Hitler came to power and before the re-establishing of the state of Israel.
No. Just attempting to limit the garbage.

She implied no such thing. Simply pointed out that to a large degree the victory of the Jews in Israel was paid for by the blood and estate of Palestinian Arabs.

I remain a fan of the Israeli Zionists who successfully overcame impossible odds to found a nation.

But I have no fondest for any religious state...whether Muslim or Jew or Christian. Simply a terrible idea.

Last edited by lvmensch; 05-13-2019 at 07:30 PM..

Old 05-13-2019, 07:16 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wait.. so now arabs supported the formation of a jewish state?

latest news is she's sticking to her guns.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/13/polit...nts/index.html

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/sta...s%2Findex.html
There are accusations that she was taken out of context. Here's the full quote, as related by the Washington Post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashida Tlaib as quoted in the Washington Post
“There’s, you know, there’s a kind of a calming feeling, I always tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence, in many ways, had been wiped out. . . . I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time....â€

“I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that [safe haven], in many ways,†Tlaib said. “But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right? And it was forced on them. And so, when I think about one-state, I think about the fact that, why couldn’t we do it in a better way?â€
Her claim to have been "taken out of context" by those who would "police her words" borders on incredible, as does her statement that the "Palestinians" had any constructive role. The fact is that they terrorized Great Britain into creating the notorious White Paper on May 31, 1939, which drastically reduced Jewish immigration into Palestine, sealing the ends of the death barrel that Europe had become.

The Palestinians fomented the Hebron Massacre in 1929 and the notorious Mufti of Jerusalem continued the policy of lethal persecution. The Arabs fought tooth and nail against the Haganah and the Irgun. There was nothing welcoming about them, and Tlaib is trying, horrifically, to rewrite history. For example, Jamal el-Husseini and Faris el-Khouri, the Syrian delegate to the United Nations were quoted in the New York Times of August 15, 1948:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal el-Husseini and Faris el-Khouri, the Syrian delegate to the United Nations
Mr. el-Husseini said he expected 'that Palestine warfare would "re-commence," and that "it would be fought until our objectives are achieved." . . Ruling out the possibility of compromise, he said that "no matter what concessions we receive, we could not compromise on the question of a Jewish state." "Nor could we compromise." he went on, "our attitude on immigration." Mr. el-Husseini.

Emphasizing the Arabs' determination to wage war against Israel, Mr. el-Husseini observed: "A thousand years ago our forefathers fought for 100 years at the time of the Crusades to drive out the foreigners, and we can do it again." Asked whether he agreed with Mr. el-Husseini's prediction that warfare would begin again, Mr. el-Khouri said he "believed the same thing." "The adamant position of the Jews cannot be settled within the framework of the truce," the Syrian representative declared.
I ask Rashida Tlaib, "are these words of welcome"?

Old 05-14-2019, 06:56 AM

862 posts, read 519,945 times
This echoes what many have already said but this piece by the great Lahav Harkov is worth your time. It's a shame there aren't more in the media who have the brains and guts to call out the awful hatred/willful ignorance from the radicals in the democratic party.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/13/fake-h...ing-of-israel/

Old 05-14-2019, 06:59 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Just repeating this. Cry me a river on this one, all you who are defending Tlaib. I agree that she didn't mean it exactly how it sounded, but in the spirit of fairness, it's only right that she gets raked over the coals for this.

Let's come back a year later and still pretend she said the Holocaust is calming, m'kay? Sound good, all of you who twisted Trump's Charlottesville comments? What's good for the gander is good for the goose. (Yeah, I know it's backward, but we have to be gender aware these days.)
Which of the 57 genders is the Islamist anyway?

Old 05-14-2019, 07:21 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
This echoes what many have already said but this piece by the great Lahav Harkov is worth your time. It's a shame there aren't more in the media who have the brains and guts to call out the awful hatred/willful ignorance from the radicals in the democratic party.

Excellent article, with excellent historical background.

It's even worse, though, than Democrats refusing to call out the willful hatred and ignorance. They are actively suppressing the truth! I just posted on a forum moderated by a liberal - a progressive - how Tlaib was inaccurate about Arabs warmly welcoming Jews, and guess what? The post was deleted in less than a minute. When I asked why, the moderator said he didn't have patience for liars like me, and I was blocked.

What I have seen is that leftists are desperate to defend anything a Muslim says, regardless of how incendiary is to Jews, and how false, and how likely it is to perpetuate antisemitism. What I can't figure out is why.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
She should start working on plan 'c'...

No matter how loudly WaPo (and others) scream "Republicans Pounce", this ain't going away.
they sure do love that phrase, don't they?

odd that you never hear them say 'democrats pounce'.

Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 AM

3,650 posts, read 3,787,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post

Great article.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:02 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Prominent Democrats are defending the anti-Semitism of their members like Tlaib. This is literally making me sick to my stomach.

What is next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies