Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 11:48 AM

4,526 posts, read 1,879,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
So what has the GOP proposed to address the homeless problem?

Bus them from city to city?
Jail.

No room? Build more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 11:51 AM

20,212 posts, read 9,117,582 times
we may need to start warehousing people unable to care for themselves.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:51 AM

4,526 posts, read 1,879,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I love it that you get your information from ads on bus stops, well done
So an ad, presumably funded by liberals crying out to help the homeless is illegitimate to you??

ITS A MESSAGE FROM YOUR OWN PEOPLE

Dear lord how do some of you function lol

Old 05-17-2019, 11:55 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,786,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
From the best I can tell, all libs want is to distribute “supportive housing” throughout every city and town until everyone is forced to live near an out of control addict living in free housing.

Tell me I’m wrong.

Your dream will never happen. We will fight back and defend our communities. Count on it.
All I can tell is that you can't really tell what is going on around you let alone what "libs want."

Will that do in terms of telling you you're wrong?

My dream is that maybe more people will stop dreaming up their own version of what others think and start thinking for themselves more in terms of what the real solutions might be for all concerned. If I have a dream that will never happen, it seems to be that one...

Old 05-17-2019, 11:57 AM

37,159 posts, read 42,313,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
we may need to start warehousing people unable to care for themselves.
We used to but some people thought it was mean. Those people are idiots.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:57 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,786,724 times
Quote:
Do you know why cars that have been destroyed in bad accidents get salvage titles?

Because no matter how hard you try to fix them, they will never be the same.

Heroin addicts, are like a salvage title vehicle. Damaged beyond repair and a liability.

Don’t like it? Tough. Deal with it. Just like “Climate Change”, this too is irrefutable science.
Brilliant analogy and observation but what part of your deep insight helps solve the problem of people sleeping on the streets, in doorways, under freeways and/or the needles and crap on the sidewalks?

Old 05-17-2019, 11:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,144,707 times
Quote:
Jail.

No room? Build more.
So it's illegal to be homeless?

Jail isn't a solution to drug addiction. If it were, there would be less addicts instead of the epidemic we have now.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,144,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We used to but some people thought it was mean. Those people are idiots.

I propose building one right next door to you.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:59 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,424,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
This is exactly the hot topic right now on the San Francisco bay area forum. City officials in San Francisco aren't helping get these type of people out of such a lifestyle, but more so, giving them a place to continue the lifestyle. In essence what city leadership is doing is basically giving people incentives to just do drugs and not become a positive contributor to society, all at the expense of the hard working tax payers. They give them needles free of charge so they can shoot up drugs and live longer. Space in a building free of charge so they can shoot up their drugs and live longer. supplying police, firefighters, and paramedics with drugs that counteract the effects of overdosing on various drugs such as heroin, again, so they can live longer. All in the name of "living longer" which really means so they can live another day shooting drugs up.

Setting up and running such a system becomes more like an easy way out or "fall back on" type of situation for many, if not most of these people. One thing for sure, I've not heard any reporting by such city leadership as to how many or the percentage rates of their system getting people actually completely off the street, off the drugs and becoming a positive contributor to society. All I hear in the news is the numbers of those in such the situation, and every week, month, year those numbers are only climbing higher. And the only outcome from the system currently in place is that most, if not all of these people will always be a burden to the tax payers. City leadership is not spending money on getting these people out of such a lifestyle, simply just funding their destructive lifestyle.
Pray tell, how does a city "get people out of such a lifestyle"? Do they pray for them, or do they pull out their secret manual on how to fix broken people? Homeless people are quite varied, a fair number of them simply are sober and actually have jobs and the only 'fixing' they need is an affordable place to live. Others are mentally ill or have substance abuse issues but you can't force people into treatment. When people voluntarily enter rehab up to 60% relapse, so how many do you think get sober when treatment is forced on them? Others are old, disabled, or unemployable for various reasons. Your attempt to put them all in one bucket is naive and short sighted.

Old 05-17-2019, 12:01 PM

42,876 posts, read 26,424,218 times
Quote:
So an ad, presumably funded by liberals crying out to help the homeless is illegitimate to you??
ITS A MESSAGE FROM YOUR OWN PEOPLE
Dear lord how do some of you function lol
You don't even know who put the ad on the bus stop but you are telling me it was done by "my people" ...hmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies