Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 12:30 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,032,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
You're right.... It's the Asians from "****hole" countries like India and China that are outscoring the Caucasians here
Well, then if they are so smart then they are needed in their own countries. How else are those---to quote you--- ****hole countries going to advance if we keep poaching their best and brightest?

Here's a newsflash for you --- We can't take in their entire third would without descending into third world status ourselves.

BTW, did you know that Indians are caucasians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 01:39 PM

26,542 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
We've basically set it up so that having kids is a complete financial hole/liability, so of course the birth rate is going to drop when people are struggling already and you make it that much harder on them if they have kids
The facts suggest you are off base. Besides other posters showing you how the countries that do the most with free daycare and free time off having low fertility rates...there are other key facts.

The birth rate in the US is actually highest among those in poverty and lower the more you make money.

Yes that is income and the amount of children you have is negatively correlated in the US and generally speaking the globe as well. If your claim was true...that people can't have kids because of tough finances, wouldn't the stats on child bearing show something different?

Also, high IQ women have fewer kids and high IQ women delay having kids. Kids interrupt your career - even in countries with free daycare and free paid time off, which is why every country that offers paid time off and free daycare still have low fertility rates.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ome-in-the-us/

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...icle-1.1421592

I think the DNC talking point of the birthrate is down, because we need more freebies is fake news to sell more freebies.

Old 05-26-2019, 02:40 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,346,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Dravidians are? Do you think Trump and the maga base know that or care? What are Mexicans lol...

Old 05-26-2019, 03:11 PM

18,480 posts, read 15,274,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Dravidians are? Do you think Trump and the maga base know that or care? What are Mexicans lol...
Or, maybe they do, but it doesn’t matter because race isn’t the issue.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:21 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,633,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The facts suggest you are off base. Besides other posters showing you how the countries that do the most with free daycare and free time off having low fertility rates...there are other key facts.

The birth rate in the US is actually highest among those in poverty and lower the more you make money.

Yes that is income and the amount of children you have is negatively correlated in the US and generally speaking the globe as well. If your claim was true...that people can't have kids because of tough finances, wouldn't the stats on child bearing show something different?

Also, high IQ women have fewer kids and high IQ women delay having kids. Kids interrupt your career - even in countries with free daycare and free paid time off, which is why every country that offers paid time off and free daycare still have low fertility rates.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ome-in-the-us/

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...icle-1.1421592

I think the DNC talking point of the birthrate is down, because we need more freebies is fake news to sell more freebies.
That's because the poor people don't think about finances at all, which is half the reason they are poor to begin with.

But a lot of middle income people like myself are hesitant to have kids because of the metaphorical vacuum cleaner that it would stick into our finances.

I would have already had a kid if there were free childbirth and subsidized daycare, and I'm sure I'm not alone

Old 05-26-2019, 03:48 PM

25,599 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That's because the poor people don't think about finances at all, which is half the reason they are poor to begin with.

But a lot of middle income people like myself are hesitant to have kids because of the metaphorical vacuum cleaner that it would stick into our finances.

I would have already had a kid if there were free childbirth and subsidized daycare, and I'm sure I'm not alone
Let us all hope that you are alone.

If you would have a child simply because it is cheap or free or pays you in some way, then you are a poor prospect for a parent. And if you would not have a child because it may deprive you of some of your toys, you are a poor prospect again.

As you alluded, however, poor people do not have children simply because they love children more than rich people; they have children because they do not take steps to NOT have children.

There will come a time in history when women should be encouraged to have children, but it is not now. For right now, we should safely watch while the fertility rate takes the human population down and manage our country so that we attract the people we want.
Build The Wall. Design and maintain am immigration program that allows us to pick who we want and in numbers that we can use. If we do that, then America has a long and bright future.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Let us all hope that you are alone.

If you would have a child simply because it is cheap or free or pays you in some way, then you are a poor prospect for a parent. And if you would not have a child because it may deprive you of some of your toys, you are a poor prospect again.

As you alluded, however, poor people do not have children simply because they love children more than rich people; they have children because they do not take steps to NOT have children.

There will come a time in history when women should be encouraged to have children, but it is not now. For right now, we should safely watch while the fertility rate takes the human population down and manage our country so that we attract the people we want.
Build The Wall. Design and maintain am immigration program that allows us to pick who we want and in numbers that we can use. If we do that, then America has a long and bright future.
I'm middle class now, but adding a child to the mix would drop me to working poor, and I don't want a reduction in lifestyle, if that makes me a bad person, then so be it

Old 05-26-2019, 04:20 PM

10,243 posts, read 6,333,789 times
So what are you proposing, besides banning abortion? Banning Birth Control and Sterilizations so Americans have more (unwanted) children? Do you want to fund Government run Orphanages for all these people who do not want to raise their unwanted children?

Old 05-26-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
So what are you proposing, besides banning abortion? Banning Birth Control and Sterilizations so Americans have more (unwanted) children? Do you want to fund Government run Orphanages for all these people who do not want to raise their unwanted children?
It's like Ceausescu's Romania all over again^

Old 05-26-2019, 05:28 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,608,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well, then if they are so smart then they are needed in their own countries. How else are those---to quote you--- ****hole countries going to advance if we keep poaching their best and brightest?

Here's a newsflash for you --- We can't take in their entire third would without descending into third world status ourselves.

Quote:
Well, then if they are so smart then they are needed in their own countries.
Many of the foreign STEM students did go home.

To Stay or Not To Stay: The Calculus for International STEM Students in the United States

"International student perceptions of the United States are growing more negative, which could increase their chances of leaving."

So pat yourself on the back --- you've done well. Also, I'm sure the middle class (those who are left) will appreciate the overall decline in population in the u.s. If they don't yet, they soon will.

btw: be careful what you wish for ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies