Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 04:37 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Well, now we know where they live, easier to deport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 04:45 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,653,641 times
Then ICE raids should be held at DMV offices. You heard it here first.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:46 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
If roads were privately owned, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Just sayin'.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:54 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
My understanding is that most states that grant this kind of license include a designation on the license so that it cannot be used as proof of citizenship. There are pros and cons to granting this kind of license. One pro is that people actually have to learn to drive to get it. People most often have to drive to get to work, and actually learning the rules of the road will make the roads safer for all of us.
This is exactly why this claim BOGUS!! I am a Canadian with a SS# (as a wife of a American War Veteran) and the card clearly states the obvious .. It's NOT something I could use to VOTE in any American ELECTION!

WOW>> IF that was even possible , I'd be sure to try and be eligible to! BUT of course, I have no interest in traveling across the border.. and tho offered Medicare .. I told them..WHY should I pay for something I already do in Canada?

Old 08-26-2019, 04:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
If roads were privately owned, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Just sayin'.
How would private roads keep illegal aliens from driving on them with no skills or financial responsibility, drunk the wrong way speeding, hit and run etc.?

Old 08-26-2019, 05:29 PM

23,999 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
That is correct. The licenses indicate that the person is an undocumented immigrant and as such not able to vote, use social services etc.

The point of giving them a license was to allow them to purchase insurance for the cars they drive, no license, no insurance.
Last time I checked Texas does not license illegals

IIRC, 1/3 of the drivers in Texas have no insurance. Wonder if the insurance companies are behind it? We all know to get uninsured insurance, but to never ever file a claim.

Banks decided illegal could use their Matricula Consular for banking purposes years ago. There are real estate firms that get mortgages for illegals. The borrower gets deported and the lender gets to sell the house again. Kinda like my next door neighbor who owned a car lot that also financed. He made a ton of money reselling cars over and over agin.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:30 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
My understanding is that most states that grant this kind of license include a designation on the license so that it cannot be used as proof of citizenship. There are pros and cons to granting this kind of license. One pro is that people actually have to learn to drive to get it. People most often have to drive to get to work, and actually learning the rules of the road will make the roads safer for all of us.
Those who get licenses in motor voter states are automatically registered to vote. And, the Dems have made sure that in most states, there is no need to show an ID to vote, so how would the poll workers know if they're illegal? There they are, registered on the voter rolls, no ID needed, so vote away!

Old 08-26-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
How would private roads keep illegal aliens from driving on them with no skills or financial responsibility, drunk the wrong way speeding, hit and run etc.?
Because the owners of said roads would have private security and/or surveillance to keep non-paying customers off their property. Kind of like your house.

Is this really that hard for you?

Old 08-26-2019, 05:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Because the owners of said roads would have private security and/or surveillance to keep non-paying customers off their property. Kind of like your house.

Is this really that hard for you?
Yes, it is.

Furthermore, what's an "illegal" and what is a "driver's license"? Oh, we are in fantasy land again. Carry on.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yes, it is.

Furthermore, what's an "illegal" and what is a "driver's license"? Oh, we are in fantasy land again. Carry on.
According to Statists, driving is a privilege, not a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies