Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 06:57 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times

Advertisements

Only recent cases of mass voter fraud have been perpetrated by Republicans. This is all fear mongering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 07:51 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
My understanding is that most states that grant this kind of license include a designation on the license so that it cannot be used as proof of citizenship. There are pros and cons to granting this kind of license. One pro is that people actually have to learn to drive to get it. People most often have to drive to get to work, and actually learning the rules of the road will make the roads safer for all of us.

OMG. They're here illegally. They shouldn't be working--or driving.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
That is correct. The licenses indicate that the person is an undocumented immigrant and as such not able to vote, use social services etc.

The point of giving them a license was to allow them to purchase insurance for the cars they drive, no license, no insurance.

That's a crock of baloney.

There's no such notation on the license that the holder is an "undocumented immigrant." (And they're not even a different COLOR--which they should be.) In fact, much has been made of how the DMV is NOT determining the immigration status of applicants.

Here's the cherry on the banana split: Those citizens who opt not to get a Real ID- compliant license by 2020 will have the same "NOT FOR FEDERAL PURPOSES" stamped on their licenses.

Albany should have spent as much time ensuring that its resident citizens needs were met and life made easier, as they did instituting "safeguards that the data they collected on friggin' illegal aliens wouldn't be shared with the Feds. Nice country, this America.

Give me a very large break.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:24 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Then ICE raids should be held at DMV offices. You heard it here first.
We agree on something

Old 08-26-2019, 08:48 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Yes, in Wa State we now have a two-tiered driver's-license system. Regular DL is no good for various things, that is the one Illegals are eligible for.

The secure-DL is the one Bigbrother will accept for various activities, such as air-travel.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:04 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Because the owners of said roads would have private security and/or surveillance to keep non-paying customers off their property. Kind of like your house.

Is this really that hard for you?
What do I care if illegal aliens pay some fat cat owner of the private road? It would still be a road open to illegal aliens with no driving skills, no financial responsibility and no way to track down and make them responsible if they're hit and run or are speeding drunk the wrong way down the highway.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:09 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That's a crock of baloney.

There's no such notation on the license that the holder is an "undocumented immigrant." (And they're not even a different COLOR--which they should be.) In fact, much has been made of how the DMV is NOT determining the immigration status of applicants.

Here's the cherry on the banana split: Those citizens who opt not to get a Real ID- compliant license by 2020 will have the same "NOT FOR FEDERAL PURPOSES" stamped on their licenses.

Albany should have spent as much time ensuring that its resident citizens needs were met and life made easier, as they did instituting "safeguards that the data they collected on friggin' illegal aliens wouldn't be shared with the Feds. Nice country, this America.

Give me a very large break.
We just need to make a Real ID required to vote, open a bank account, for employment eligibility or for any important purposes, make E-verify mandatory, and now illegal alien and non-LPRs are SOL.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:22 PM

Ironic that the libs were squealing about how much it would cost the poor to get ID to vote. But, they are quite alright with forcing Americans and legal citizens to shell out quite a bit of cash to do the same for Real ID to drive or move about the Country. Pretty obvious what the game plan is, rig the voting booth.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:25 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Those who get licenses in motor voter states are automatically registered to vote. And, the Dems have made sure that in most states, there is no need to show an ID to vote, so how would the poll workers know if they're illegal? There they are, registered on the voter rolls, no ID needed, so vote away!
In my state, I cannot just walk in, tell the clerk my name and vote. I have to provide my registration card or a drivers license.

For all I know the county/state could be using facial recognition software comparing me to my TDL picture.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
In my state, I cannot just walk in, tell the clerk my name and vote. I have to provide my registration card or a drivers license.

For all I know the county/state could be using facial recognition software comparing me to my TDL picture.
Early voting from someone's house can be from anyone that ballot is available to. I get mine every year and vote early. Anyone who has access to my mail could do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies