Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 11:51 AM

73,081 posts, read 62,717,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Wow, why would that be? Santana sounds very different from DeBarge in my view.
Santana has alot of different influences too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 11:54 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,125,642 times
I think one of the biggest Mexican artists is actually half Chinese. Ana Gabriel I think.

And African Mexican actress Lupita Nyongo

Old 06-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
For everyone saying Multicultural London what are you comparing it too? Other English cities that London is markedly safer than? The old London that isn’t multicultural that was more dangerous than the London today. The London of 2012 when it had the lowest homicide rate in 70 years and was just as diverse as it is today. Yeah u can complain about how London is dangerous and you can even say Tokyo is a hellhole because they had 50 murders across the metro area this year already. But that’s ignoring that even then Tokyo has one of the lowest murder rates period and has 36 million people. You guys complaining about London’s murder rate but their isn’t a state or a city with at least 1 million people in the metro area in the U.S that even has numbers as low as London’s right now (per capita). Their might be one or two counties that for the description but the fact that you have to pick out a wealthy elite county like say Bergen county NJ and compare to the whole of London proves my point. London is significantly safer than any part of America that is even marginally similar period.
How about this. Detroit isn't exactly diverse. It's a very violent city. Honolulu is quite multicultural. San Diego is a multicultural city. Low violent crime rate there.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I think one of the biggest Mexican artists is actually half Chinese. Ana Gabriel I think.

And African Mexican actress Lupita Nyongo
One very well know baseball player, at least in Kansas City, is Jorge Orta, Afro-Mexican.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Humans are tribal but we Humans decide what tribe to assign ourselves to.
You could pick the land you were born or you could embrace the place you are which is what the USA is built on.
It is ok for new people to bring new things, its the reason why the English language has a word for everything, because we built other cultural words and influences into our language. We use French, Mexican, English, Chinese, Japanese, German nearly everyday by adding those words and their meanings to our culture.

Then what does that make the USA?
We have cultural differences from region to region, state to state. We have different accents, cultural backgrounds, come from different lands, have different customs yet we have not "tumbled into barbarism or devolution".

Seem the article writer ignored the greatest example of Multiculturalism, the United States of America.

Multiculturalism allowed the USA to win WW2. Those engineers that designed our Atom bombs were German and not of the same "culture" as us. Get over it already.
Totally Agree.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:04 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,086,966 times
Quote:
What is Leicester like? I heard the city has a very large Indian community and whites are or will be a minority.
Leicestershire had 5 murders for 1,000,000 people and is 85% White and 11% South Asian as well as 3% Black or Mixed Race.

Here are the murderers from the last 3 years or so.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lei...ok-2359683.amp
11 murderers where white
5 were black or mixed race
2 where south asian

The most violent city in the UK though if I’m not mistaken is Glasgow which consistently has a murder rate higher than London and used to be the European murder capital more than Paris or Marseille when it was 90%+ white. Part of the reason it was such a white major city in England was because its reputation scared immigrants it is much better today but if Saint Louis halves it’s homicide rate it’s still nowhere near NYC in terms of safety, same with Glasgow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp

At 33 murders in 2018 for 1.8 million people in the region. Glasgow’s murder rate is several times higher than any city in England and makes London looks peaceful by comparison.

This is after the 60% decrease. London in 2018 had 131 for 8.9 million people.

1.8 for Glasgow per 100,000 vs 1.5 per 100,000 in London’s highest year in a decade versus Glasgow’s lowest year in at least 4-5 decades.

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 06-27-2019 at 12:52 PM..

Old 06-27-2019, 12:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiomatic View Post
But ... they don't have peace and prosperity on their continent just now. I see increasing turmoil, rising crime, and an increasing split between western and eastern Europe. Why is that?

Also ... if Europeans are so predisposed to war and savagery, why do so many millions of people want to move there?
You really wanna make an argument against my contention that Europe has historically been an incredibly savage continent? You really wanna go there? Really? Take a look at immediate postwar Europe in pictures and try arguing otherwise. And keep in mind that only a few decades earlier, they’d played out the same old spiel with 10 million deaths. In the interregnum, Stalin, a European, murdered what is conservatively thought to be about 20 million. I’ll take it upon myself to add a few million more that missed the count.

Western Europe? Let’s keep in mind that an ethnic group that I love and respect for their brilliance, culture and contributions to science, music and other arts is ALSO responsible for Auschwitz, Bergen Belsen, Mauthausen, Sobibor, Dachau and the Warsaw Ghetto....and that’s just for starters. Their Einsatzgruppen marched across Eastern Europe in 4 teams killing millions more by using the local populations to do most of the heavy work. Einsatzgruppen worked in small teams themselves. They nearly eliminated two whole ethnic groups off the face of the Earth and had plans to rid the continent of Slavic People...a number that would’ve reached the multiple tens of millions.

And just in case you want to isolate that issue to that one ethnic group (the Germans), let’s not forget their more than willing accomplices from nations all across Europe. The Germans couldn’t have possibly carried those crimes out on their own.

Why do people want to come to Europe now? Because thanks to the United States and the Cold War, Europe saw the longest period of peace and stabilization that was virtually unknown on the continent. The Europeans didn’t come up with that plan on their own. They aren’t predisposed to long periods of Continental bliss. Peace was imposed on them.

So quite naturally, people want to immigrate to Europe.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:37 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,772,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Leicestershire had 5 murders for 690,000 people and is 85% White and 11% South Asian as well as 3% Black or Mixed Race.

Here are the murderers from the last 3 years or so.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lei...ok-2359683.amp
11 murderers where white
5 were black or mixed race
2 where south asian

The most violent city in the UK though if I’m not mistaken is Glasgow which consistently has a murder rate higher than London and used to be the European murder capital more than Paris or Marseille when it was 90%+ white. Part of the reason it was such a white major city in England was because its reputation scared immigrants it is much better today but if Saint Louis halves it’s homicide rate it’s still nowhere near NYC in terms of safety, same with Glasgow.

At 33 murders in 2018 for 1.8 million people in the region. Glasgow’s murder rate is several times higher than any city in England and makes London looks peaceful by comparison.

This is after the 60% decrease. London in 2018 had 131 for 8.9 million people.

1.8 for Glasgow per 100,000 vs 1.5 per 100,000 in London’s highest year in a decade versus Glasgow’s lowest year in at least 4-5 decades.
Well, Leicestershire is not a city, but a bigger county or something like that.

Googled the data for the city of Leicester:

"In terms of ethnic composition, according to the 2011 census, 50.6% of the population was White (45.1% White British, 0.8% White Irish, 0.1% Gypsy or Irish Traveller, 4.6% Other White), 37.1% Asian (28.3% Indian, 2.4% Pakistani, 1.1% Bangladeshi, 1.3% Chinese, 4.0% Other Asian), 3.5% of mixed race (1.4% White and Black Caribbean, 0.4% White and Black African, 1.0% White and Asian, 0.7% Other Mixed), 6.3% Black (3.8% African, 1.5% Caribbean, 1.0% Other Black), 1.0% Arab and 1.6% of other ethnic heritage."

I suppose the trend has continued since 2011...

Old 06-27-2019, 12:45 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,772,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You really wanna make an argument against my contention that Europe has historically been an incredibly savage continent? You really wanna go there? Really? Take a look at immediate postwar Europe in pictures and try arguing otherwise. And keep in mind that only a few decades earlier, they’d played out the same old spiel with 10 million deaths. In the interregnum, Stalin, a European, murdered what is conservatively thought to be about 20 million. I’ll take it upon myself to add a few million more that missed the count.

Western Europe? Let’s keep in mind that an ethnic group that I love and respect for their brilliance, culture and contributions to science, music and other arts is ALSO responsible for Auschwitz, Bergen Belsen, Mauthausen, Sobibor, Dachau and the Warsaw Ghetto....and that’s just for starters. Their Einsatzgruppen marched across Eastern Europe in 4 teams killing millions more by using the local populations to do most of the heavy work. Einsatzgruppen worked in small teams themselves. They nearly eliminated two whole ethnic groups off the face of the Earth and had plans to rid the continent of Slavic People...a number that would’ve reached the multiple tens of millions.

And just in case you want to isolate that issue to that one ethnic group (the Germans), let’s not forget their more than willing accomplices from nations all across Europe. The Germans couldn’t have possibly carried those crimes out on their own.

Why do people want to come to Europe now? Because thanks to the United States and the Cold War, Europe saw the longest period of peace and stabilization that was virtually unknown on the continent. The Europeans didn’t come up with that plan on their own. They aren’t predisposed to long periods of Continental bliss. Peace was imposed on them.

So quite naturally, people want to immigrate to Europe.
I usually share many of your views, but not that post of yours.
You merely read the list of wars like in a history book, but fail to see that Europe has had lots of peaceful periods between wars. Most of the time there was no war in Europe.
The US is also involved in wars on a regular basis. Between 20 and 30 million people have died due to US involvement in conflicts since WWII.
And don't forget the strong American ideological and financial support for Hitler and Germans as they prepared the Holocaust.
Things are not as simple as you seem to think

Last edited by Neuling; 06-27-2019 at 01:29 PM..

Old 06-27-2019, 12:48 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,086,966 times
Quote:
Well, Leicestershire is not a city, but a bigger county or something like that.

Googled the data for the city of Leicester:

"In terms of ethnic composition, according to the 2011 census, 50.6% of the population was White (45.1% White British, 0.8% White Irish, 0.1% Gypsy or Irish Traveller, 4.6% Other White), 37.1% Asian (28.3% Indian, 2.4% Pakistani, 1.1% Bangladeshi, 1.3% Chinese, 4.0% Other Asian), 3.5% of mixed race (1.4% White and Black Caribbean, 0.4% White and Black African, 1.0% White and Asian, 0.7% Other Mixed), 6.3% Black (3.8% African, 1.5% Caribbean, 1.0% Other Black), 1.0% Arab and 1.6% of other ethnic heritage."

I suppose the trend has continued since 2011...
I assume most of not all of the murders in Leicestershire happen in Leicester but the police don’t report data as Leicester only as Leicestershire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies