Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2019, 09:52 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
False. Ethnicity can relate to culture, but not necessarily. Many Black people now commonly identify as African-American Christians, which are ethnically tied to Black people who identify as Muslim. Obviously, the two groups are distinctly different, culturally. Thats just one example of many.

Throughout the middle east among Muslims that are members of the same ethnicity, there are Islamic factions which hold ancient cultural animosities.

Are you going to tell us that White Europeans from France and Russia are “culturally” the same because they are ethnically Caucasian? Hogwash.

The biggest problem we have today socially is this nonsense about the value of “cultural diversity”, which is distinctly different, and divisive, compared to “ethnic diversity”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 10:04 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
an excellent article. and sure to be controversial

https://<b>spectator.org</b>/multicu...nation-killer/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_American_Spectator
Quote:
The American Spectator is a conservative American website (and formerly monthly magazine) covering news and politics, edited by Emmett Tyrrell and published by the non-profit American Spectator Foundation.
Quote:
The publication gained prominence in the 1990s by reporting on political scandals. The March 1992 issue contained David Brock's criticisms of Clarence Thomas accuser Anita Hill. Brock and his colleague Daniel Wattenberg soon aimed at a bigger target: Hillary and Bill Clinton.
Quote:
Internal strife eventually led to the departure of long-time publisher Ronald Burr after a disagreement with Tyrrell led Burr to call for an independent audit of the magazine's finances. The departure of Burr and several prominent conservative figures from the magazine's board of directors resulted in conservative foundations pulling much of the funding the nonprofit had relied on to pay high salaries to Brock and Tyrrell, as well as to fund direct-mail campaigns needed to keep up the monthly's circulation. Faced with a budget crisis, the magazine, then led by publisher Terry Eastland, a former spokesman in the Reagan Justice Department, laid off staffers and cut spending significantly. The magazine also struggled to pay legal bills incurred from an investigation launched against it by the Justice Department for alleged witness tampering in the Whitewater investigation. The Justice Department investigation led to revelations about the "Arkansas Project," a campaign by businessman Richard Mellon Scaife to discredit the Clintons by funding investigative reporting at several conservative media outlets.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:40 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You missed the point. We don't need over saturation of multi-culturism living in our backyards 24/7 when there are books and travel to learn about them.
I live in a multicultural neighborhood, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The more the merrier.

I also work producing and acting in indie movies. The one we are currently shooting is about politics in a post-apocalyptic world. I costar with a gorgeous black woman, who is my opponent. I have both male and female thugs who enforce my directives. Our cameramen are Puerto Rican and Mexican, our sound person is transgender, and we have Asians and Indians in the cast, as well as African Americans and Whites. We are all one big, happy family, without any time to waste not trusting or liking each other. It takes ALL of us to accomplish what we do, just like the rest of America.

Get used to it.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:43 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
when you can't address the topic, have wikipedia address the source. then you won't have to produce a valid argument of your own.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:41 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I live in a multicultural neighborhood, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The more the merrier.

I also work producing and acting in indie movies. The one we are currently shooting is about politics in a post-apocalyptic world. I costar with a gorgeous black woman, who is my opponent. I have both male and female thugs who enforce my directives. Our cameramen are Puerto Rican and Mexican, our sound person is transgender, and we have Asians and Indians in the cast, as well as African Americans and Whites. We are all one big, happy family, without any time to waste not trusting or liking each other. It takes ALL of us to accomplish what we do, just like the rest of America.

Get used to it.
This post defines liberal confusion quite nicely ....first, it shows the obvious confusion between “cultural diversity” compared to a mix of same neighborhood people of different race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, which are totally different things. But it fits perfectly with the typical liberal SJW declarations of moral superiority and open mindedness in full swing. So, you have a Mexican cameraman, and a gender confused sound person .... I’m thoroughly UNIMPRESSED. Want to truly impress someone? Make your cameraman an Israeli Jew, your sound-man a Muslim fundamentalist, your wardrobe person a gay male, catering mgr Somali refugee, accountant Nigerian, and your security team ISIS Syrians. Then, if anyone is still alive in 30 days, I’ll be impressed.

Now I say this in a rhetorical manner for a reason ....: when you push, promote, support and defend something you either don't understand, or have grossly misunderstood, you are putting yourself and everyone else in jeopardy, out of ignorance to the unanticipated consequences of your ill conceived ideas

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 09-19-2019 at 11:50 AM..

Old 09-19-2019, 11:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
This post defines liberal confusion quite nicely ....first, it shows the obvious confusion between “culture” compared to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, which are totally different things. But it fits perfectly with the typical liberal SJW declarations of moral superiority and open mindedness in full swing. So, you have a Mexican cameraman, and a gender confused sound person .... I’m thoroughly UNIMPRESSED. Want to truly impress someone? Make your cameraman a Jew, your sound-man a Muslim fundamentalist, your wardrobe person a gay male, catering mgr Somali refugee, accountant Nigerian, and your security team ISIS Syrians. Then, if anyone is still alive in 30 days, I’ll be shocked and impressed.
i lol'd. +1.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:46 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Get used to it.
To each his own I guess. I said "over saturation" to the point where you have nothing in common with your neighbors and you don't even speak the same language. If you enjoy that then that's you but not me. Never going to accept or get used to this "over saturation" why would anyone?

You sound like a self-hating xenophile, IMO.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:55 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
This post defines liberal confusion quite nicely ....first, it shows the obvious confusion between “cultural diversity” compared to a mix of same neighborhood people of different race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, which are totally different things. But it fits perfectly with the typical liberal SJW declarations of moral superiority and open mindedness in full swing. So, you have a Mexican cameraman, and a gender confused sound person .... I’m thoroughly UNIMPRESSED. Want to truly impress someone? Make your cameraman an Israeli Jew, your sound-man a Muslim fundamentalist, your wardrobe person a gay male, catering mgr Somali refugee, accountant Nigerian, and your security team ISIS Syrians. Then, if anyone is still alive in 30 days, I’ll be impressed.

Now I say this in a rhetorical manner for a reason ....: when you push, promote, support and defend something you either don't understand, or have grossly misunderstood, you are putting yourself and everyone else in jeopardy, out of ignorance to the unanticipated consequences of your ill conceived ideas
You're just way overthinking this.

Just apply the Golden Rule - treat people with respect period, no matter what their cultural backgrounds are and respect the differences and find commonalities with what you do and share.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:

We do have a Muslim in the cast, as a matter of fact. He works a regular job at the VA Hospital here caring for the patients and cutting their hair. I don't think we have anyone who is Jewish, but that's a subject nobody asks about. We simply don't care what someone else believes. It is their right and privilege to follow whatever belief system they prefer, or none at all. That is one of the big reasons this country exists - a haven for all religions to follow their own paths.

It takes all colors working together to make a rainbow. I'll sit pat, thanks. Hating someone because they are different takes too much time and effort.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
To each his own I guess. I said "over saturation" to the point where you have nothing in common with your neighbors and you don't even speak the same language. If you enjoy that then that's you but not me. Never going to accept or get used to this "over saturation" why would anyone?

You sound like a self-hating xenophile, IMO.
I am currently enrolled in Spanish classes at the university here so that I can communicate more fully with my neighbors, all of whom already speak English, some as a first and some as a second language.

All you have to do to make friends with people is be willing to be a friend. You might get invited to a lot of really killer fiestas as a bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies