Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 01:59 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
So every one that has a pure bloodline must return to their country of ancestor origin? That will be an interesting mass exodus from the u.s. Imagine that on an economical scale. That would be the opposite of MAGA ... Native Americans would finally get their land back.

PS: my plane ticket would be to Germany. Yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Multiculturism is anout culture NOT blood
Culture is defined as, the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group.

The migration of the peoples of Germany to the u.s. over the centuries have made great contributions to the American culture. Don't believe me? Look it up ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 02:10 PM

6 posts, read 1,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
an excellent article. and sure to be controversial

[url]https://spectator.org/multiculturalism-is-a-nation-killer/[/url]
Why do you enjoy being a racist?

Old 07-03-2019, 02:13 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDomain View Post
Why do you enjoy being a racist?

Have no idea for the person asked. But I'd say because there are no long-term benefits in life when one pretends not to be a racist.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sure you know what romanticism I’m talking about.

Again, 700 German daily newspapers in 1915. Come on man...that’s not an insignificant number. That’s a LOT of proficiency in the German language LONG after Germans had been here. That’s holding pretty hard onto your culture. Language is a major part of culture. Like, about half of it.

To produce that many newspapers, that means that many Germans weren’t assimilating. They were living in enclaves with their own ethnic groups by and large.

When a Hispanics do that, it’s called out as intentionally refusing to assimilate.
WW2 changed everything for the Germans living here ... I read some where that the German language was being taught in the schools all was well until the war.
Not Widely Know – The Internment Camps of Germans in America During WW2

After all of that many changed their names and set about not drawing attention to themselves. You guys call it assimilate, I call it brainwashing ...

Any way, American hot dog right ... ? no German sausages ...

Hot Dog History

I knew that one right off as I looked it up, because my father was all, baseball, apple pie and hot dog ... the American way. Baseball is right, but apple pie came from England culture.

Building Institutions, Shaping Tastes

" ... the German influence on life in the United States runs much deeper, influencing many of the institutions, traditions, and daily habits that many today think of as being quintessentially American."

I know if I look up other countries, their culture and how they have influenced the American culture, there will be many listed and in how their influence is significant and the way we live our lives in the u.s. We just call it the American way, without a thought to the idea, the American way, came from some where else.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:50 PM

btw: if Multiculturalism Is a Nation Killer the u.s would not be what it is today and that's a fact.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:07 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
WW2 changed everything for the Germans living here ... I read some where that the German language was being taught in the schools all was well until the war.
Not Widely Know – The Internment Camps of Germans in America During WW2

After all of that many changed their names and set about not drawing attention to themselves. You guys call it assimilate, I call it brainwashing ...

Any way, American hot dog right ... ? no German sausages ...

Hot Dog History

I knew that one right off as I looked it up, because my father was all, baseball, apple pie and hot dog ... the American way. Baseball is right, but apple pie came from England culture.

Building Institutions, Shaping Tastes

" ... the German influence on life in the United States runs much deeper, influencing many of the institutions, traditions, and daily habits that many today think of as being quintessentially American."

I know if I look up other countries, their culture and how they have influenced the American culture, there will be many listed and in how their influence is significant and the way we live our lives in the u.s. We just call it the American way, without a thought to the idea, the American way, came from some where else.
The Royals "changed" their name to Windsor as a result of early squabbles of WWI.
I took German in 6th grade wayyyy after WWII had ended.
Close family friends spoke German in our home on visits...and still used the term Juden.

People are people in a Nation.
Those damaging the success of a Nation undermine through devious behaviours in order to gain power, not peace.

Nationalism is another term for exclusion.
Exclusion is a road to exert power over others...not to promote peace.

The likes of Putin and Trump are power and money hungry . They get their citizenry fighting in petty civil wars through media broadcasters who have sold their souls.
I digress.Sorry.

Watch Avengers Infinity War and you'll see why it was so popular. All nations coming together to fight evil in their midst.
That is what people want. Solidarity for peace.
Not exclusion for one group to have power and pleasures over others and at the expense of others and themselves.

Believe me, the Trumps are as hated as Marie Antionette , and Putin as the Romanovs.
History repeats itself.
Thankfully.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:31 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Switzerland has 4 different languages spoken in its borders. There is no "Swiss language". There is a Swiss dialect of German, but several languages are spoken: French, German, Italian, and Romansch. Both the Roman Catholic faith and the Swiss Reform Church are the two largest faiths in Switzerland. Switzerland does just fine.

Singapore his home to Malays, Chinese, Indians, and other groups. English, Malay, Tamil, and Mandarin Chinese are spoken there. A large portion of the population is Buddhist, followed by Christianity, Islam, Taoist, and Hindu. So far, Singapore is doing alright.

The country of Mauritius, an island nation in the east of Africa, is a multiracial country and people practicing different religious. It is known for having stability and racial harmony. This isn't to say that there isn't any prejudice. In Mauritius, national identity transcends race and ethnicity. Some of the bonds include the island nation being founded by different peoples. There is no "original Mauritian". Other bonds include being in a tight knit community and having respect for one another. Mauritius actually has one of the highest standards of living in Africa.

A few countries that have made being in a diverse setting work. I would say that in the pluralism of those countries, the over all identity is being Swiss, being Singaporean, being Mauritian, something that transcends it. There is an identity in having formed those countries.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:57 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Switzerland has 4 different languages spoken in its borders. There is no "Swiss language". There is a Swiss dialect of German, but several languages are spoken: French, German, Italian, and Romansch. Both the Roman Catholic faith and the Swiss Reform Church are the two largest faiths in Switzerland. Switzerland does just fine.

Singapore his home to Malays, Chinese, Indians, and other groups. English, Malay, Tamil, and Mandarin Chinese are spoken there. A large portion of the population is Buddhist, followed by Christianity, Islam, Taoist, and Hindu. So far, Singapore is doing alright.

The country of Mauritius, an island nation in the east of Africa, is a multiracial country and people practicing different religious. It is known for having stability and racial harmony. This isn't to say that there isn't any prejudice. In Mauritius, national identity transcends race and ethnicity. Some of the bonds include the island nation being founded by different peoples. There is no "original Mauritian". Other bonds include being in a tight knit community and having respect for one another. Mauritius actually has one of the highest standards of living in Africa.

A few countries that have made being in a diverse setting work. I would say that in the pluralism of those countries, the over all identity is being Swiss, being Singaporean, being Mauritian, something that transcends it. There is an identity in having formed those countries.
Great examples. Really hope to visit Mauritius and Singapore one day.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:13 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Great examples. Really hope to visit Mauritius and Singapore one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ni-ZNQ6jYo

Mauritius is almost like New Orleans in a way.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:42 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ni-ZNQ6jYo

Mauritius is almost like New Orleans in a way.
Really nice video.

Mauritius reminds me so much of Trinidad except that Creole is still predominantly spoken. Trinis have similar ethnic and religious characteristics, except that Protestantism has grown in recent years. There are similarities in traditional dress and food. They have sega music and we have soca. It’s a must-visit for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies