Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2019, 03:47 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Advancement in science may lead to a lower quality of life? This isn’t some sci-fi movie. Ultra-conservatives need to stop restricting everything.

I’m glad America has drone technology to prevent soldiers risking their lives. And I’m happy to fly my drone around my area to check out things, scenery, photography, etc
Hasn't some technology done that already?

The point being that drones aren't always a good thing. For pictures sure, but imagine if everyone had a drone buzzing throughout Yosemite to get the best Instagram pic, would that be a good thing? And forget about the city where accidents are prone to happen.

And for what, so that we can stay ahead of competitors? What good does that do.

On the subject of military drones you could say they have lowered the danger US soldiers are in. You could also say that they have lowered the cost of war making it a more casual affair for politicians to engage in.

Now they will face less public backlash from invading countries because US soldiers are less at risk. It increases civilian casualties, and it makes war more dispersonal.

So is it a good thing? You have to consider what is being made and what the consequences are. Just because it is advancing us forward does not mean its good. Same with spy drones like this one, does allowing our government or any government to intrude onto other people more or less likely to deescalate tensions?

The ease at which its done isn't a good thing for international relations (countries are more suspicious of each other) and spyware takes away privacy and freedom from individuals.

Saying advancement is good ignores all this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 04:10 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
They claim it was over Iran territory. I wish we could actually believe our own administration. Unfortunately, I can't believe either.
I don't believe anything that comes out of the MSM any longer, but assuming a drone really was shot down, it is plain (plane?) to see that the U.S. is doing anything and everything it can to provoke and persuade a war with Iran. We sail our ships over there and fly our drones in their face and then go into cry-bully mode when they get tired of it and defend themselves. I think there are growing numbers of average Americans who aren't buying any of this. Been down this road too many times in the past 20 years.

Iran is not stupid. They are in the driver's seat in some respects and know it. They know there is a good chance America with find it's Waterloo attempting to shut them down and they no doubt like that idea. It is a country more than twice the size of Iraq in terms of land and population and has a median population age of around 30. Larger even than WW2 era Germany. The ranks of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard would swell into the millions like the Nazi Waffen SS did. A vicious ideologically driven army of partisans who will fight nearly to the last man defending their turf.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Nice little dodge and swerve WK!

The reality of course is that while the agreement had plenty of weaknesses, ....
Including not being codified in US Law which the US Constitution requires. In as such, it was nothing more than a handshake between failed Presidential hopeful John Kerry, and a brutal dictator in Iran. A shameful display and sellout by Obama.

The Iranians were laughing all the way to the bank. Shameful too, that you guys side with the Iranians when they shoot down one of our aircraft.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Agreed. I sure don't personally want to see a war. I'm waiting to see what US response will be here and chain smoking. I don't think anything will happen today but something is going to happen. Whatever it is I just hope that there's smart people planning it out.

I've been all for just pulling out of the ME and letting the factions there duke it out. My Dad used to say the best thing we could do with the ME is to give every Muslim an M14 and a thousand rounds of ammo. They would kill each other in short order.

I've thought about that a lot over the decades.
Trump doesn't hire smart people he hires people that will be loyal to him.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:54 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Reading your post, one can tell you are totally partisan, why would anyone trust anything that comes out of YOUR mouth?
Brilliant! Brilliant! Of course I'm partisan. So is pretty much everyone who posts on here. Refute what I posted earlier.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:13 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Including not being codified in US Law which the US Constitution requires. In as such, it was nothing more than a handshake between failed Presidential hopeful John Kerry, and a brutal dictator in Iran. A shameful display and sellout by Obama.

The Iranians were laughing all the way to the bank. Shameful too, that you guys side with the Iranians when they shoot down one of our aircraft.
You lost your argument in September 2015. You have no standing.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:39 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Bolton has been itching for war or regime change in Iran for years. I am skeptical of intelligence gathering with good reason.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:44 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You are witnessing it right now. That's why Trump hired Bolton. There can be no other reason, because everyone, on both sides of the aisle, know exactly what Bolton stands for--war, war, war. Why else would Trump put him on his national security team?

I'm no one's "son," Dear.
Witnessing what right now? Witnessing the US stand up for itself once again? Oh how horrible...

Bolton has been right all along regarding Iran. People just don't want to hear it because what he says is the truth, and the truth is often uncomfortable.

And by the way, we avoid war by staying strong, not submitting to every enemy in the world simply because we are afraid of getting into another war.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...re-aggression/

Old 06-20-2019, 06:33 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Witnessing what right now? Witnessing the US stand up for itself once again? Oh how horrible...

Bolton has been right all along regarding Iran. People just don't want to hear it because what he says is the truth, and the truth is often uncomfortable.

He has not been right about anything - Bolton is a war hawk. Read what he has said in the past. Why would we (Americans) want another war in the Middle East? Those who want it have no regard for our country and the world and just get a high off wars.

Bolton has promised regime change in Iran to many people, including influential people such as Saudi Arabia.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
All I know is if there's another war there had better be a hell of a lot of mothers out in the streets.

This crap has gone on too long. THIS WAS PREDICTED LONG AGO!!! By Eisenhauer.

This state of perpetual low level war is not going to stop until the good people of the world stop it.

For evil to succeed it only takes the good doing nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies