Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2019, 10:23 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We condemn other countries spying do we not?

Did you really believe Benghazi was about a video also?
spying from international airspace? i don't think we do. prove otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 10:24 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I heard if you use lots of exclamation points!!! in random non grammatically correct!!! places it makes your points stronger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe if the President!!! hadn't lied over 10000 times about random stuff more people would trust him!!!!

Very true. I truly believe nothing coming out the WH because Trump simply cannot be believed or trusted. This is what the media has been talking about for the last two years. When you have a leader who lies, covers things up and makes up his own facts--when there is a real crisis (as opposed to an imaginary crisis or one of Trump's own making), nobody believes him.

And that is where we are at now. In addition the Bush admin used fake intelligence as an excuse to pre-emptively strike a sovereign country, so people are twice as doubtful regarding credibility.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:24 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It worked until Trump shredded the agreement--and then started demanding that Iran adhere to it.

What "agreement"? There was never a formal treaty. It was a backroom deal orchestrated by the horse's ass Kerry and the brutal religious extremist mullahs which run Iran. It's only reason for existence? Obama's "Legacy". The dictators over Iran laughed all the way to the bank over the complete stupidity of Obama.

The hapless community agitator was totally out of his league.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:28 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,279,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Very true. I truly believe nothing coming out the WH because Trump simply cannot be believed or trusted. This is what the media has been talking about for the last two years. When you have a leader who lies, covers things up and makes up his own facts--when there is a real crisis (as opposed to an imaginary crisis or one of Trump's own making), nobody believes him.

And that is where we are at now. In addition the Bush admin used fake intelligence as an excuse to pre-emptively strike a sovereign country, so people are twice as doubtful regarding credibility.
Actually my doubt has nothing to do with who is incumbent in the White House. But the nature of the claims and the Aphabet Agencies making those claims.

Yes these are the same agencies that right up until Bush in aded Iraq believed WMD existed in Iraq, then about 15 nanoseconds after the invasion began expressed doubts.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
spying from international airspace? i don't think we do. prove otherwise.
Did you believe Benghazi was about a video? It's already been shown that it's highly unlikely it was in international airspace but as I've pointed out, yes we would do the same.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:41 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
This shootdown is taking center stage right now. Iran screwed the pooch with this one. Hard to say what US reaction will be but I believe whatever it is Iran is going to get their nose bloodied. Could be their coastal SAM sites are going to vanish. Marine Corps FA 18s with HARM missiles covered by Navy F 18s that will get the Iranians to turn their radar on.

I highly doubt the Iranians will scramble any fighters. What ones they have operational are held together with aluminum cans and duct tape. Shooting down this drone was a bad mistake.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I wonder which American agency shot down the drone.
Lol!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This shootdown is taking center stage right now. Iran screwed the pooch with this one. Hard to say what US reaction will be but I believe whatever it is Iran is going to get their nose bloodied. Could be their coastal SAM sites are going to vanish. Marine Corps FA 18s with HARM missiles covered by Navy F 18s that will get the Iranians to turn their radar on.

I highly doubt the Iranians will scramble any fighters. What ones they have operational are held together with aluminum cans and duct tape. Shooting down this drone was a bad mistake.
A big mistake would be going to war.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Anti-American Leftists are out in full force celebrating today. Nothing less was expected.
Your perception of how some Americans feel about heading into another war in the Middle East is an odd one.

There is no celebration.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:03 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
OK fine. The Iranians are Persian not Arab and a different Islamic sect. They are Shia not Sunni. They call God Khoda instead of Allah. The Iranian leadership, made up of radical mullahs, still operates under Islamic premise. I agree that the Iranian people are under no religious delusions that they would destroy the US in a conflict. But the mullahs and the IRG are calling the shots. Not the people.

The general population probably would be quite happy if the mullahs were taken down but they are seriously afraid of the power the mullahs hold. The IRG religious police have been kicking down their doors for quite a while now. The mullahs are not going to see that power threatened and they do believe they are in power by the will of God.

Alright , now that we have small technical details addressed about the religious and cultural differences I reiterate, shots being fired is a foregone conclusion and it doesn't matter who is at fault. There is nothing that we the US people and the Iranian people can do about it. And my mistakes in terminology around Iranian religious and ethnic/cultural background are irrelevant. But I will own the errors. Fair enough.
Khomeini did not come out of nowhere, the political Islam sect of Iranian politics were highly educated elite who understand politics.

They are not religious maniacs, they use religion as tool of governance. Today they are focusing more on nationalism since Islam has become less popular.

They know they will lose a war and will never allow it.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What "agreement"? There was never a formal treaty. It was a backroom deal orchestrated by the horse's ass Kerry and the brutal religious extremist mullahs which run Iran. It's only reason for existence? Obama's "Legacy". The dictators over Iran laughed all the way to the bank over the complete stupidity of Obama.

The hapless community agitator was totally out of his league.
It was more of a deal than the deal Trump made with NK.

But that is neither here nor there.

If it wasn't a great deal. Why not sit down and hammer a great deal out.

I'm not sure Trump is interested in a war in Iraq. But it seems some one is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies