Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 09:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't see how race has anything to do with what Trump wrote?

The women that he is referring to are making a huge stink in DC. They are being highly critical of him and critical of America as a whole. Trump does have a point when it comes to Omar, she was born in Somalia but the others were born in America.

I do think that it is wrong for Omar to pound away at America and cast it as some miserable, racist crime ridden horrible place while half the people in her homeland are struggling to live to see tomorrow. If given a chance a majority of her "people" would jump at a chance to come to live in America despite how bad she sees it as being.

I think it was dumb for Trump to open this can of worms but he can't help himself especially when he is being attacked and America is slandered in such a way.

The overall view of America in the eyes of the Dems is pretty dismal and that is sad.
Well, since Omar came here during the Somalian refugee crisis, maybe she's got a unique perspective on the problems we now have here in the US and doesn't want to have to move yet again?

Just a thought.

I don't actually agree with everything any of them say, but Trump was foolish to lash out at elected officials in this manner simply because they disagree with him.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:42 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Surely you agree that saying "Go back to Africa" to a black American citizen is racist, right?

Trump directed his "go back to where you came from" to all "progressive Congresswomen." He used the plural. Except for Rep. Omar, all of those women are natural born citizens who are also people of color.

He could have clarified his remarks and said he was only referring to Rep. Omar, which would have it made it at least somewhat acceptable. Instead he doubled down on his remarks.

He is not just attacking illegal immigrants now. He's attacking legal immigrants and natural born citizens of color.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Exactly! He is racist. Don't know who you're talking about with the leftists buffoons going back to their craphole countries though. None of the leftists I'm aware are from anywhere but the U.S. Now, I do tend to agree that America can be considered a crap hole country in some respects especially since the election of its crap hole leader.
there's nothing racist about that quote, and you know it. you're not aware that illness omar is from somalia?

Old 07-15-2019, 09:47 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Surely you agree that saying "Go back to Africa" to a black American citizen is racist, right?
he asked why she didn't go there, then come back. how is that racist, again?

Old 07-15-2019, 09:48 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump is so awesome and TDS is a lot of fun....thanks for posting.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:50 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:

The women that he is referring to are making a huge stink in DC. They are being highly critical of him and critical of America as a whole. Trump does have a point when it comes to Omar, she was born in Somalia but the others were born in America.

I do think that it is wrong for Omar to pound away at America and cast it as some miserable, racist crime ridden horrible place while half the people in her homeland are struggling to live to see tomorrow. If given a chance a majority of her "people" would jump at a chance to come to live in America despite how bad she sees it as being.

I think it was dumb for Trump to open this can of worms but he can't help himself especially when he is being attacked and America is slandered in such a way.

The overall view of America in the eyes of the Dems is pretty dismal and that is sad.

President Trump targeted Democratic minority congresswomen in tweets over the weekend and told them to “go back” to their countries. That is 1950's racism straight from the White House.

Presidential apologists have no leg to stand on no matter how fast and furious they spin. HIS as in POTUS', were the remarks meant to divide the nation.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Doesn't matter if the base doesn't think he was being racist.

It just doesn't matter what the base thinks.

It doesn't.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:53 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Doesn't matter if the base doesn't think he was being racist.

It just doesn't matter what the base thinks.

It doesn't.
Basically.

Trumps base think like he does so it’s not racist it’s exactly what they are thinking as well.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:56 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Outrage of the day. Everyone will be on to the next outrage come tomorrow, and the day after that. Like watching heroin users fix.

Zzz.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:57 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Whatever people. You've all been calling Trump a racist from the get go. Is this supposed to be breaking news? As if you all suddenly decided he was a racist?

Ilhan does need to go back to her country. That has nothing to do with "race". It's because she clearly hates America - so then go back where the hell you came from.

He is singling her out because she has spewed out all her rage at Trump and this country - that's why.

But go ahead and ignore reality and screech "racism", cause we've never heard that bs before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies