Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 11:34 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What savage beasts they are to take the life of such a wonderful creature.

I am and will always remain opposed to trophy hunting. And spare me about how the lion meat will be used to feed the hungry in those areas; lion is not and has never been a significant part of the diet in those parts and is unnecessary for sustenance.

Even if you are not against such hunting, the posing they did is disrespectful to the life that they took. I have been taught by many hunters that the taking of another life is a sacred thing, and nothing to be celebrated like some sick accomplishment.
On what planet?

Hunters and farmers don't consider taking of livestock or wild game as sacred. As far as I have know most hunters are proud of their kill, they have pictures in the paper, take photos, pay for mounts, etc.
Animals are killed every day for food, for sport, in self defense, for research, for a variety of products, for urban sprawl, roads, malls, golf courses, for over breeding, and because stupid people in wildlife habitat do stupid things like feeding them and taking selfies with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 11:36 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with ranchers and farmers taking out pests like coyotes. And hunting in general I'm okay with. But that pic of the couple sharing a little romantic moment just after slaughtering a magnificent animal just rubbed me the wrong way.
I hear you 5 X 5 and agree wholeheartedly.

All of their 'after-action' nonsense is just back patting themselves for doing nothing more than maybe even still sitting in the Land Rover and hearing the guide state "there's the old boy you're shooting today over there basking in the sun. Your choice, you can shoot from the vehicle or dismount and pretend to be stalking him."

A damned embarrassing exercise in Lord Fauntleroy posing. All the tweets and pictures should bring nothing but shame to their butts in whatever community they live in with real deal outfitters and hunters outright scorning them in as public a fashion as possible. That is a part of Canada where guides take you by horseback through the foothills into the Rocky Mountains for some real big game hunting of anything from Mountain Lions to Grizzlies.

Alberta is not known for it's tolerance of home-grown posers.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:54 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
I'm not against hunting but it should always be for food, not trophies. Show respect to the animal that died. And never kill anything rare.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:56 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What do you mean, "you dont like lions"? LOL

Have they done something to upset you or is it how they behave?
Hehe, no, my personal experience with lions is limited
I just don't like nature, especially such primitive beasts. I am not the barbarian type, never understood people's obsession with lions, sharks etc. It's beyond me...

Old 07-17-2019, 12:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
3 African Hunters take meat away from a pride of lions without any firearms. REAL Billy Badasses. If you can do this, then I’m fine with you killing a lion.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Hehe, no, my personal experience with lions is limited
I just don't like nature, especially such primitive beasts. I am not the barbarian type, never understood people's obsession with lions, sharks etc. It's beyond me...
Haaar! It's because they instill fear in us. The next time you hear some rustling coming from an overturned garbage can, DO NOT go near that thing prepared to scold the culprit 'cause that "primitive" little racoon will tear you a multiple of new bodily orifices in a Minnesota minute and you'll be getting the rabies shots and on a saline drip for at least a week.

The lion was minding it's own business and got shot for it's trouble. Probably while still lying down. Man is the most primitive of savages; if you pay any attention to the daily news.

It's bad enough the stuff we do to each other, but animals of all species deserve better than to have to share the planet with us.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:26 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haaar! It's because they instill fear in us. The next time you hear some rustling coming from an overturned garbage can, DO NOT go near that thing prepared to scold the culprit 'cause that "primitive" little racoon will tear you a multiple of new bodily orifices in a Minnesota minute and you'll be getting the rabies shots and on a saline drip for at least a week.

The lion was minding it's own business and got shot for it's trouble. Probably while still lying down. Man is the most primitive of savages; if you pay any attention to the daily news.

It's bad enough the stuff we do to each other, but animals of all species deserve better than to have to share the planet with us.

Raccoons are actually anything but primitive, they are highly intelligent.

No, I would not fear them any more than smaller animals. I fear the smallest ones the most actually, you know, certain spiders (actually all spiders because I can't tell them apart, so better safe than sorry), scorpions, wasps, etc. They are harder to control as they are small and fast.
Even among vegetarian animals some are very dangerous, hippos and buffaloes for instance, they kill lots of people in Africa. I would be more afraid of a hippo than a lion.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

Raccoons are actually anything but primitive, they are highly intelligent.

No, I would not fear them any more than smaller animals. I fear the smallest ones the most actually, you know, certain spiders (actually all spiders because I can't tell them apart, so better safe than sorry), scorpions, wasps, etc. They are harder to control as they are small and fast.
Even among vegetarian animals some are very dangerous, hippos and buffaloes for instance, they kill lots of people in Africa. I would be more afraid of a hippo than a lion.
Well, on all those points we're in agreement and yes the Raccoon is indeed highly intelligent.

I have an abiding fear of snakes … well, larger ones at any rate. Once, when hiking the Tobermory trail in the early 60's, early in the cool morning I neglected to notice a Massassauga rattler coiled in the only spot of sunlight coming through the tree canopy until I heard what sounded like the whine of a tree frog before feeling a thump on the heel of my boot in the air about to step over him. I jumped but carried on, leaving him alone on the trail and only realized how close I'd come when I stripped down to go for a cooling swim in Georgian Bay and noticed two distinct punctures on the heel of my hiking boot.

Garter and other snakes, perhaps even a bigger Rat snakes I can handle buuut, other big snakes ……..'ultra thick depends' time fer sure.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:51 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I can only hope karma comes back to them in some way.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:53 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Well you can tell these clowns aren't in the PR business. How anybody can be so tone deaf and out of touch with our snowflake animal rights society is beyond me. I grew up on a farm and was hunting everything that moved when I was 6 years old, but wouldn't even think of putting trophy shots on a public forum........you're just asking for all the hate they can throw at you..........public photos should be hugging cats and dogs and feeding butterflies, even if you have a dead moose out in back...........lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies