Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 05:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

I demand other people take care of me!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 05:50 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, Oklahoma Republicans, including the governor, simply feel it's wrong and immoral for less fortunate people to become dependent upon the government for anything, including medical care.

So helping the less fortunate is immoral but letting them die isn't? Got it. Where do you conservatives get your logic?

Old 07-24-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So helping the less fortunate is immoral but letting them die isn't? Got it. Where do you conservatives get your logic?
What law allows dying people to be deprived medical care?

Last I checked, hospitals were required to treat people.

Let me guess, you don't know the difference between health insurance and healthcare.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:57 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What law allows dying people to be deprived medical care?

Last I checked, hospitals were required to treat people.

Let me guess, you don't know the difference between health insurance and healthcare.
Isn't it amazing that the two have been so conflated, that people use them interchangeably without even thinking about it? Reminds me of the terms illegal and immigrant. The so-called MSM is doing a very good job!

Old 07-24-2019, 06:03 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
The pro life party, amirite?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ion-obamacare/

"On June 28, 2012, the day that the Supreme Court upheld most of the Affordable Care Act, the sighs of relief were so loud that they drowned out one part of the Court's decision that has come to haunt the lives of millions of poor people around the country, and that also has come to represent the fanatical refusal of Republican politicians, specifically Republican governors, to associate themselves with anything that had anything to do with President Barack Obama. In his opinion upholding the ACA, Roberts allowed individual governors to refuse to accept the Medicaid expansion in their states. In other words, just because it came from an Democratic president—and because it came from that Democratic president—these governors violated one of the fundamental tenets of state government that date back to the dawn of human greed: they refused FREE MONEY!"
I'd like to see the analysis on the 15,000 so called deaths. Just because some liberal group says it is so....doesn't mean it is so.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Isn't it amazing that the two have been so conflated, that people use them interchangeably without even thinking about it? Reminds me of the terms illegal and immigrant. The so-called MSM is doing a very good job!
"Why did you walk here?"

"My car died. I wish there was a government auto insurance program that would have prevented this."

"Did you ever change the oil?"

"No. Thats why we need government car insurance."

Old 07-24-2019, 06:27 AM

1,705 posts, read 537,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
"Why did you walk here?"

"My car died. I wish there was a government auto insurance program that would have prevented this."

"Did you ever change the oil?"

"No. Thats why we need government car insurance."

Really want compare healthcare to regular car maintenance when dealing with genetical defects, cancer, outside influences or accidents people had no chance to do anything with?

Old 07-24-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Really want compare healthcare to regular car maintenance when dealing with genetical defects, outside influences or accidents people had no chance to do anything with?
What percentage of medical problems do you think arise due to obesity, lack of exercise and poor diet?

Old 07-24-2019, 06:31 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
The government should not be providing charity and forcing taxpayers to subsidize their "morality".

Old 07-24-2019, 06:38 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
The pro life party, amirite?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ion-obamacare/

"On June 28, 2012, the day that the Supreme Court upheld most of the Affordable Care Act, the sighs of relief were so loud that they drowned out one part of the Court's decision that has come to haunt the lives of millions of poor people around the country, and that also has come to represent the fanatical refusal of Republican politicians, specifically Republican governors, to associate themselves with anything that had anything to do with President Barack Obama. In his opinion upholding the ACA, Roberts allowed individual governors to refuse to accept the Medicaid expansion in their states. In other words, just because it came from an Democratic president—and because it came from that Democratic president—these governors violated one of the fundamental tenets of state government that date back to the dawn of human greed: they refused FREE MONEY!"
"5K Americans died so Republican governors could stick it to Obama."

Delusion IS a MENIAL disease!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies