Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 09:49 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
My problem with this whole topic is that in the liberal media, Dem politicians, hollywood....it always gets blamed on "someone else"...the criminal justice system, bad cops, racism. But it never gets blamed on the people who are actually pulling the triggers and committing the violent crimes. And the media media never makes the point the greatest threat to African Americans is other AA's. By far. Not even close.
Its because no one cares about how to figure out the solutions.

All they say is:
"It needs to stop!"
"how?"
"I dont care, it just needs to stop".

Thats why nothing is ever done.

I wish people that couldnt care less about solutions would stop trying to convince anyone else that they want the problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 07:25 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I never cared how liberals think. Their outrage is meaningless to me.
Then why waste time making disparaging comments about liberals?

Old 08-01-2019, 07:31 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Why don't you define the term "mass shooting"?
a shooting event involving 4 or more people killed or injured.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And the vast majority of those shootings take place in the ghettos. Not in schools, not in theatres, not in office buildings. They happen in places where gangs are prevalent. Mass shootings refer to shootings of multiple people getting shot in places where you don't expect them to get shot. Stuff like Columbine, the Aurora theatre shooting, Sandy Hook Elementary. Those kind of shootings feature one or two people whose goal is to shoot as many people as they can all at one. These shootings by Black males are not "shoot as many as you can". It's "shoot whatever rival gang members are there" or multiple people getting shot because the shooters are horrible marksmen.

Mother Jones has a list of mass shootings of these types, you used to be able switch the data that gave you break down by race. They no longer have that feature. There was about a 4:1 ratio white/black which is indication of higher rates among blacks.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:13 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I really despise America’s inflated statistics of gun deaths every year - especially when a large number of them are caused by blacks shooting blacks.

I keep hearing people say that they concentrate this violence to small areas ... yadda yadda yadda ... but that’s not the information that people worldwide hear about America. They think we are literally out on every corner sniping each other. And that perception in large part is caused by urban black-on-black violence. Frankly, the rest of America has every right to be sad, angry, and embarrassed over this blight to our country.
Slavery was the quite possibly the biggest mistake this country ever made.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:28 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The typical Bed Stuy, ENY, Brownsville (NYC) mass shooting down by blacks against blacks gets very little attention from the media.
ENY actually went one entire year without a homicide.

The Bronx is actually more dangerous than these places nowadays.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:00 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Agreed.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:03 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Along with Jim Crow and the oppression of Native Americans.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:06 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Its because no one cares about how to figure out the solutions.

All they say is:
"It needs to stop!"
"how?"
"I dont care, it just needs to stop".

Thats why nothing is ever done.

I wish people that couldnt care less about solutions would stop trying to convince anyone else that they want the problem solved.
Low cost, high percentage solution?

Old 08-02-2019, 06:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Hey M, the solution is easy, but no one , black or white, wants to deal with the backlash of saying black women in the ghettos are having babies for reasons they wont admit out loud, further perpetuating the ghetto. Trying to stop that trend is the real issue to take to task.

My point was that the only reason the alt-right on this board brings up black on black killings is for arguing points against the blue side, not because they actually care about why its happening, or who its happening to.

I didnt realize I was too general saying white people. I know full well that there are white people that are concerned, they know the solutions are pretty easy, but people are afraid to touch it, which is understandable. I also know alot more white people will jump in if we can get the solution going. Not any of the alt-right nut jobs on this board, but you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean, Harry. Thanks for clarifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies