Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 01:52 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
What’s with the sarcasm? Can’t you communicate in a respectful tone?
Seems my tolerance for dumb things said in an attempt to place the blame for a horrible crime on Scary Brown People is a little low this morning.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
It's absolutely disgusting the way some posters use tragedies as opportunities to bash the current president, religion, God, etc.

Anyone who thinks this thread was started out of concern for the victims must not be paying attention to posting history.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:53 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Police source: 18 killed, multiple injured in El Paso Walmart shooting
NEWS
Police Source: 18 Dead in Walmart shooting |NBC News, El Paso

Reports are that several suspects are in custody.

No point in guessing on this -- we will just have to wait and see IF the Police release any information. They have not been doing that much lately - we still don't have any real information on the last shooter.

As for Cartels -- unlikely to be the case. They don't do much in the way of attacking their border cities, it's easier to just take them over. Buy the Judges, Politicians, Police, D.A.'s and operate freely.

Busy time in El Paso - a big Democrat Congressional Delation just left yesterday (angry) - Antifa has announced a 10 day "training exercise" in El Paso to Resist the Border and now a shooting today.

I'll be driving through there soon -- I'll make I have gas and keep on going.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I wonder if this is the False Flag Q warned about.
Here we go....

Bodies still on the ground and some can’t help themselves.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:56 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, A and B.

A: We really aren't talking about gun laws but a right in the Constitution. That's the difference between us and the other countries.

B: With the government now, do you really want them to be the only ones with the guns?
Democracy works great in other countries....you just have to stay active, and come out in mass protests when they step over the boundaries. Democracy requires every day vigilance, not relying on guns as a back up in case it fails. Guns give a false sense of security.

Other countries have their own constitutions by the way.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:56 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's absolutely disgusting the way some posters use tragedies as opportunities to bash the current president, religion, God, etc.

Anyone who thinks this thread was started out of concern for the victims must not be paying attention to posting history.
This.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:57 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seems my tolerance for dumb things said in an attempt to place the blame for a horrible crime on Scary Brown People is a little low this morning.
Is that really what you saw in my post? How utterly bitter and hateful you must be to immediately come to that conclusion, without any benefit of a) knowing me b) asking for a little clarification before making the ridiculous stretch that you have here.

I only mentioned cartel in the event that it is multiple shooters because El Paso is on the border, they have been under Heightened Risk, and multiple shooters working two areas is quite different from the usual mass shooter scenario.

I made zero calls on blame or race.

But *you* did.

Frankly, I’m a little surprised by your rancor here. Yikes.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:58 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I actually have a solution.

If they are looking to become famous on the Internet, strip search them in police custody, film it and put the front and back video on social media so people can make fun of them...and they will. If they are dead, put photos of their naked bloody dead bodies, before they are cleaned up, on social media so people can make fun of them...and they will. Maybe people making fun of them on social media is more of a deterrence to future murderers seeking celebrity.

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
https://eand.co/why-were-underestima...e-be04d9e55235

"And that is my last pathology: it is one of the soul, not one of the limbs, like the others above. American appear to be quite happy simply watching one another die, in all the ways above. They just don’t appear to be too disturbed, moved, or even affected by the four pathologies above: their kids killing each other, their social bonds collapsing, being powerless to live with dignity,or having to numb the pain of it all away.
If these pathologies happened in any other rich country — even in most poor ones — people would be aghast, shocked, and stunned, and certainly moved to make them not happen. But in America, they are, well, not even resigned. They are indifferent, mostly.
So my last pathology is a predatory society. A predatory society doesn’t just mean oligarchs ripping people off financially. In a truer way, it means people nodding and smiling and going about their everyday business as their neighbours, friends, and colleagues die early deaths in shallow graves. The predator in American society isn’t just its super-rich — but an invisible and insatiable force: the normalization of what in the rest of the world would be seen as shameful, historic, generational moral failures, if not crimes, becoming mere mundane everyday affairs not to be too worried by or troubled about."

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Rumors are it's a guy named Garcia. There's also an anti immigration manifesto but seems too over the top to be believed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies