Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a white supremacist?
Yes. Donald Trump is a white supremacist. 65 27.31%
No. Donald Trump is not a white supremacist. 173 72.69%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 08:34 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
white supremacist: a person who believes that the white race is inherently superior to other races and that white people should have control over people of other races

I think he is. It's just my opinion. It's not the kind of thing one can prove.

What is your opinion?
If that is the common understanding, and it is a pretty mild one dealing only with beliefs and not actions, I would say that Trump is, indeed, a white supremacist. One's beliefs don't have to be reflected in actions, like his father marching with the KKK. It can be more subtle. Trump was immersed in white supremacy as a kid and growing up he knew nothing other than privilege associated with wealth and whiteness. We know that he acted against minorities in his real estate dealings - revealed in public records. One could argue that he is "only" a racist but his ambivalence and tacit support for white supremacists (David Duke, Charlottesville NAZIs) challenges that idea.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:34 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well by that reasoning most of the world is racist and doesn't allow mass immigration of other races and cultures into their countries. I see it as racist and wrong to open the border to people who had no relation or connection whatsoever to the native population.
That's an interesting perspective.

May I ask, are you an immigrant? I wondered because of your writing style.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
If that is the common understanding, and it is a pretty mild one dealing only with beliefs and not actions, I would say that Trump is, indeed, a white supremacist. One's beliefs don't have to be reflected in actions, like his father marching with the KKK. It can be more subtle. Trump was immersed in white supremacy as a kid and growing up he knew nothing other than privilege associated with wealth and whiteness. We know that he acted against minorities in his real estate dealings - revealed in public records. One could argue that he is "only" a racist but his ambivalence and tacit support for white supremacists (David Duke, Charlottesville NAZIs) challenges that idea.
Thanks for your reply.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
That's an interesting perspective.

May I ask, are you an immigrant? I wondered because of your writing style.
No I'm not an immigrant. Are you? I have very deep ancestry in America.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:41 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
One's beliefs don't have to be reflected in actions, like his father marching with the KKK.

This statement is just more fake news...

From Snopes (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ther-kkk-1927/)
According to a New York Times article published in June 1927, a man with the name and address of Donald Trump’s father was arraigned after Klan members attacked cops in Queens, N.Y.
In 1927, Donald Trump’s father would have been 21 years old, and not yet a well-known figure. Multiple sources report his residence at the time — and throughout his life — at the same address.
To be clear, this is not proof that Trump senior — who would later go on to become a millionaire real estate developer — was a member of the Ku Klux Klan or even in attendance at the event. Despite sharing lawyers with the other men, it’s conceivable that he may have been an innocent bystander, falsely named, or otherwise the victim of mistaken identity during or following a chaotic event.
A person answering calls at the N.Y.C. Police Department’s Records Section said that arrest reports dating that far back were not available in any form.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:44 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Such a sad topic. Trump’s not evil. He’s just ignorant.
Trump is not ignorant. He knows exactly what he is doing....divide and conquer.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:45 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
white supremacist: a person who believes that the white race is inherently superior to other races and that white people should have control over people of other races

I think he is. It's just my opinion. It's not the kind of thing one can prove.

What is your opinion?

How can someone be orange and a white supremacist?

Old 08-09-2019, 08:50 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...iolini/595543/

According to the article, if he is or isn't the train has left the station and the problem is growing / with violence.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...iolini/595543/

According to the article, if he is or isn't the train has left the station and the problem is growing / with violence.
The crazy train in question is the movement to portray Trump, and all those who support him, as white supremacists who want to bring back Jim Crow. I don't think nearly enough people will board this train to secure a Democratic win in 2020.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No I'm not an immigrant. Are you? I have very deep ancestry in America.
No, sorry. Didn't mean to offend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies