Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 11:57 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
It’s been my experience traveling these countries there are people living their lives just like you and I. They have jobs, a house, kids go to school, play after school sports, they take vacations just like us. They aren’t coming here.

The lame and lazy are who is coming, for a variety of reasons, but mostly they can’t make it in their country and their are menial jobs in the US they.can do not as readily available in their country. Plus the freebies we taxpayers love to throw at them in the name of good will.

It really is this simple.
US policy in Central America has been to prop up rich business owners at the poor workers expense. Any leader that proposed more worker rights we labeled a Communist and assassinated them. Their poor is mostly Native American other more Spanish. We mostly get immigrants from the poor / indigenous people.

I am not for open borders but I also think we do owe the people hurt by our policies some kind of help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 12:04 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,124 times
Cool opinion bro

Old 08-13-2019, 12:15 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,350,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
US policy in Central America has been to prop up rich business owners at the poor workers expense. Any leader that proposed more worker rights we labeled a Communist and assassinated them. Their poor is mostly Native American other more Spanish. We mostly get immigrants from the poor / indigenous people.

I am not for open borders but I also think we do owe the people hurt by our policies some kind of help.
There's a saying: "They're over here because we're over there."

Old 08-13-2019, 12:45 PM

628 posts, read 662,908 times
Evolution created the crises. Whites created an advanced society out of the wilderness and blacks/browns flock to it to take advantage of the social welfare and political stability. We see this play out time and again with Anglo nations. it’s not a coincidence that all Anglo nations are advanced and successful while all brown/black nations are not.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:02 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,729,796 times
Central America has been out of sight and out of mind for American citizens for generations and that is how the corporations and politicians wanted it. There was money to be made and people to abuse and treat like animals as long as we kept the cash flow coming in. The OP only scratched the surface. This whole sad history is largely unknown in the US while the rest of the world knows what has been going on. The CIA and mercenaries are there "doing our bidding" although we have no say in the matter. The governments are corrupt and propped up by the US. The death squads and gangs have taken over much of the area making it unsafe for anyone who isn't playing along. So what options do families have other than to seek refugee status elsewhere? We have more options. We can build a wall and throw barriers in their way and hope they die in the desert or we can clean up the mess in Central America that we are largely responsible for so they can survive in their own countries.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:18 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
From 100 years ago...seriously? That's no longer an excuse. And it really doesn't matter whos fault it is, they don't have to be let in.
Next thing you know, they will demand reparations

Old 08-13-2019, 01:25 PM

1,074 posts, read 640,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Evolution created the crises. Whites created an advanced society out of the wilderness and blacks/browns flock to it to take advantage of the social welfare and political stability. We see this play out time and again with Anglo nations. it’s not a coincidence that all Anglo nations are advanced and successful while all brown/black nations are not.
Could you elaborate on this please?
It sounds like you're saying that the anglo race is biologically superior? Whether or not that is what you are saying, can you explain more detail and provide some links, etc?

Old 08-13-2019, 06:57 PM

628 posts, read 662,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Could you elaborate on this please?
It sounds like you're saying that the anglo race is biologically superior? Whether or not that is what you are saying, can you explain more detail and provide some links, etc?
Not superior in any moral or spiritual sense. Superior in achievement and nation building? of course, that is undeniable. As for links I suppose this will do: https://www.encyclopedia.com/
Or I suppose you could just open your door and walk outside?

Old 08-13-2019, 07:28 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

Yes, this sums it up better than I did. We propped up rich landowners who had little better than slave-labor, along with their pals who were military dictators. And we sent them arms, military training, and in some cases troops.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:31 PM

8,481 posts, read 4,727,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Oh my.

Anyhow, it wouldn’t entirely surprise me. Not since the Marshall Plan has US interventionism been very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies