Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 07:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

so obvious even some leftists can see it.

Quote:
The liberals get what they want, which is a humorless void where nothing happens, no one dares do anything or laugh about anything or behave in any way that doesn't suit their rigid way of leading a life. No thanks. So what's happening around the world? Populism is rising because people are fed up with the PC culture. They're fed up with snowflakery, they're fed up with people being offended by everything and they're gravitating towards forceful personalities who go: "This is all nonsense!"

Which, by the way, it is in most cases. So why are we surprised? I'm not surprised. It doesn't mean to say I agree with all of it, but it means I can understand it, and I understand why the liberals, my side, if you like, are getting it so horribly wrong. They just wanna tell people, not just how to lead their lives, but if you don't lead it the way I tell you to it's a kind of version of fascism. If you don't lead the life the way I'm telling you to then I'm going to ruin your life. I'm gonna scream abuse at you. I'm gonna get you fired from your job. I'm gonna get you hounded by your family and friends. I'm gonna make you the most disgusting human being in the world.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...nbearable.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 08:22 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
For once I agree with Morgan.

Last week my wife and I had lunch with a friend that hates Trump, she hails from Bernie country, Vermont and she is saddened to see the dread locked hippie Bernie Bros that spend their day panhandling in her town and they go home to government provided housing.

The other day we were talking with a recently retired professor from a medical school and he is not a fan of Trump but he thinks the direction the Democrats are heading is disastrous for the country. When he was teaching he was getting really tired of having to figure out how to address some of his transgendered students without landing himself in trouble. The PC diversity university classes that he had to attend so as not offend anyone was ridiculous.

I agree with Morgan that people are getting tired of the PC nonsense.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:25 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Agreed

Old 08-21-2019, 08:27 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Good rant, agree with most of it, even if it was a Ben Shapiro interview.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:34 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
I get it.

Most people in this country right now cannot accept that it isn't 1955 anymore. They want to return to a society where white Christian men are in all positions of authority, gays are in the closet, women are in the kitchen submissive to their husbands, every school day began with a prayer and pledge of allegiance, and Andy Griffith is sheriff.

People want a white evangelical, God's Not Dead version of reality. They want a "Christian United States" and are willing to destroy the country to get it.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:40 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Piers Morgan is only a “liberal” when it comes to gun control, because last many across
the pond, they have more common sense than most Americans.

For those who find Liberals “unbearable” I hope you love like your Faustian bargain with the fascists, because you’re gonna get more than you bargained for.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:43 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
I've been blasting Team Red lately so I will equal (Hooray! Equality!) things out by saying this rant is spot on.

You're welcome, Team Red.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:47 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I get it.

Most people in this country right now cannot accept that it isn't 1955 anymore. They want to return to a society where white Christian men are in all positions of authority, gays are in the closet, women are in the kitchen submissive to their husbands, every school day began with a prayer and pledge of allegiance, and Andy Griffith is sheriff.

People want a white evangelical, God's Not Dead version of reality. They want a "Christian United States" and are willing to destroy the country to get it.
Yawn...you're a one note poster. All lies

Old 08-21-2019, 08:48 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I get it.

nope. this is simply the fantasy that you project in ~80% of your posts on this forum.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:51 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Piers Morgan is only a “liberal” when it comes to gun control, because last many across
the pond, they have more common sense than most Americans.

For those who find Liberals “unbearable” I hope you love like your Faustian bargain with the fascists, because you’re gonna get more than you bargained for.
You're both fascists (as in Team Red and Team Blue).

This diatribe is simply pointing out how your side's fascism manifests itself in overall society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies