Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 07:32 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The press reports what he states verbatim"

You people with TDS STILL DON"T GET IT.

Trump MANIPULATES THE PRESS. He CONTROLS what they report on and THEY have been PROVEN to be the liars, distortion and omition of details in their "reporting", which is WHY they have had a LOWER APPROVAL rating of even Congress for DECADES for very GOOD reasons.
If Trump manipulates and controls the press then why is he constantly whining about "fake news"? Hell, now he's even complaining about Fox News (AKA Trump TV).

Last edited by r small; 08-29-2019 at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
He makes Dubya sound like Shakespeare.
Shakespeare had Trump in mind when he wrote "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".

Old 08-29-2019, 08:29 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
To all that keep making excuses for this guy. Do you also do this in your own life. You're not relevant here.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:32 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Shakespeare had Trump in mind when he wrote "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".
Had never thought about that with respect to Trump but it is dead on. Reminds us that hucksters like DJT are nothing new, we've always had them with us. The only surprise is that enough deluded people came together to vote this fool into the Presidency of the United States.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:33 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Trump? Articulate? hahaha! In a pig's eye.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Trump? Articulate? hahaha! In a pig's eye.
Yep. Total crock of covfefe.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:52 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
A great orator...right up there with Lincoln - I'm sure if we just wait 10 years all the historians will agree.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:17 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
A great orator...right up there with Lincoln - I'm sure if we just wait 10 years all the historians will agree.
Well, they do have one thing in common. Anything Trump tweets is as credible as a Lincoln Tweet.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Time for an analogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yep. Total crock of covfefe.
Good one!

Let's have an analogy contest, open to all.

Here's mine:

tRump is articulate in the same sense that a skunk is fragrant.

I've laid down the challenge.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:36 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”
Unbelievable. Thanks for posting that, I hadn't read it before. How can anyone defend this as being "articulate" with a straight face? This is the mental floundering of someone who is high or deeply confused.

I get why someone might have voted for this guy. But now that we have witnessed his inability to perform the duties of a President? The only reasons for voting for him in 2020 are pure ignorance or stubbornness. Or maybe this sort of blathering makes some people feel that he can relate to the "common man". Grasping at straws, I just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies