Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2019, 04:51 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
President is very articulate, but one would not know that given the few 15 second clips here and there. ONe has to watch him in whole to realize, Trump is very articulate and a great President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeojAlwL70
I've been listening to Trump's speeches from the get go. The one thing I've taken away is that you have to listen to the entire thing. Picking pieces here and there doesn't cut it, that's why I seldom watch the network news. C-span, Podcasts and so on give a much better picture and allow you to make up your own mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 04:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
What a laugh all this is. These are the same insults and criticism that we all heard about Trump in 2015 and 2016. Yet he’s in the White House. Too funny! Looks like he was articulate enough to outlast a couple dozen candidates and win the election.
It's not funny. It's actually quite sad that anyone thought this man was in any way qualified to lead this country. He is out of his depth in every meeting he attends and nowhere was that more evident than at the G7.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I've been listening to Trump's speeches from the get go. The one thing I've taken away is that you have to listen to the entire thing. Picking pieces here and there doesn't cut it, that's why I seldom watch the network news. C-span, Podcasts and so on give a much better picture and allow you to make up your own mind.
Yes. We do listen to his entire speeches and no one in the free world, other than the most diehard supporters, think that Trump is anything close to articulate. Perhaps 20 years ago.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:54 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Right. Listen to an entire speech of raving lunacy and then it will all make sense.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
What a laugh all this is. These are the same insults and criticism that we all heard about Trump in 2015 and 2016. Yet he’s in the White House. Too funny! Looks like he was articulate enough to outlast a couple dozen candidates and win the election.
Trump is in the White House because he is Putin's love puppet not because he is articulate or intelligent

Old 08-28-2019, 05:02 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
I don't care if he is articulate or not. What I do care about are his policies, his common sense, love for our country, and his concern for the average American citizen.

All the snarky insults about him and the people who voted for him isn't going to make me vote for some glib smooth talker who puts American's interests last.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Trump is articulate. Remember, he uses the best words ever. That reminds me of the following things he has said that show how he does use the bestest words ever:

“We have to come up, and we can come up with many different plans. In fact, plans you don’t even know about will be devised because we’re going to come up with plans – health care plans – that will be so good”

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons, and other things, like lots of things are done with uranium, including bad things”

His followers give him standing ovations, wow .
They love anything he says even if it doesn't make sense.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:45 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump is in the White House because he is Putin's love puppet not because he is articulate or intelligent
Ah the Russians strike again!

Old 08-28-2019, 05:50 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Being articulate had nothing to do with how Trump was elected.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:53 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Another little tidbit of the so called self proclaimed Man Of The Year. What a man.

" Even when it comes to a sick baby in his family, Donald Trump is all business. The megabuilder and his siblings Robert and Maryanne, Terminated their nephew’s family medical coverage a week after he challenged the will of their father, Fred Trump. “This was so shocking, so disappointing and so vindictive,” said niece Lisa Trump, whose son, William, was born 18 months ago at Mount Sinai Medical Center with a rare neurological disorder that produces violent seizures, brain damage and medical bills topping $300,000. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies