Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 05:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You believe his job is being the nation's weatherman? Lol
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

For a president to repeat over and over that he did not know Cat 5 hurricanes exist, when clearly people who live on the East Coast and in Florida, are well aware there are Cat 5 hurricanes, I would think he is off his rocker or has dementia.

It's not like he's been living in the desert. He's a 73 year old guy who has lived mostly in NYC and Florida. If, as a real estate developer with a lot of property, he has never heard of a Cat 5 hurricane, he is either lying or senile. With Trump it could be either or both.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:10 PM

2,106 posts, read 980,135 times
Of course he knows what a cat 5 is , he’s lived in Florida long enough, he just wants be be able to say the biggest hurricane happened while he was president , biggest crowds , biggest hurricane ect ect , of course he’d be wrong again !

Old 09-02-2019, 09:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
And just to add more to the story...turns out the President -- an hour after claiming Alabama had to get ready & being corrected by National Hurricane that Alabama was NOT going to be impacted AT ALL..he repeated it again.

White House excuse -- Florida and Alabama share a border.

There you go.

Stupid people saying stupid things -- seems to be the norm these day.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:45 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course not...and nobody suggested anything else............

This is the exact place to vent. Better here than in the middle of your work place, or at a store, with your neighbor.

You are assuming people venting here, debating here, exchanging ideas here aren't doing anything else.

That's a big assumption
You are correct in that venting can be a healthy release of frustration
After all, we saw what happened in West Texas when someone with an AR15 was frustrated/depressed/angry too deeply for venting online to do any good...
So yeah, I will definitely take venting on CD over venting with a real weapon...

So what have you done, personally...
Because honestly—I gave money to several candidates running in Democratic races—in and out of state
Some won and some lost but I was happy to give...

I gave money to anyone who runs against Susan Collins and I have never been in Maine

I voted in the GOP primary in 2018 hoping to unseat the numb-nut who has been my state rep for the past 3 cycles—-the worst TX state rep in over 50 yrs—and believe me that is saying something...

I voted for Beto and contributed but didn’t walk or put a sign in our yard because some people around us are vindictive....

I will do the postcard campaign and certainly will vote but inertia may really keep me from more active involvement
So I guess my comment was directed to myself as much as anyone...

So what did you do then in 2018 or 2016 beside venting?

Old 09-02-2019, 09:54 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You're begrudging the man golfing on a holiday? That's kind of petty.

What holiday? He isn't supposed to be taking a holiday right now. He was SUPPOSED to be at an important meeting in Poland for the weekend in his role as President of the United States. Not on a holiday. He cancelled his trip to Poland and sent the VP to Poland in his place instead BECAUSE he decided to stay home to attend to disasters resulting from this category 5 hurricane. He knew about the hurricane and it was the sole reason he gave for cancelling his important meeting in Poland. He's NOT supposed to be on holiday and he shouldn't be golfing while a cat 5 hurricane rages onwards to USA when he should be doing his job either in Poland or else attending to his Presidential responsibilities on American home soil during a natural disaster.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No, but his job is to know what is going on and what threats are to our nation whether it is from a storm or an enemy.
Are you asking us to believe that Trump doesn't know Dorian is a potentially life threatening event for the states that are in its path?

That's preposterous.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:49 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Are you asking us to believe that Trump doesn't know Dorian is a potentially life threatening event for the states that are in its path?

That's preposterous.
Considering he’s stated that he’s never heard of a cat 5 hurricane even though the last four were exactly that, yeah that’s what everyone is saying.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:36 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,421,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump is just clueless. Pathetically and pathologically clueless.
So are the people who cry and complain about Trump 24/7... They will still be crying when Trump wins again....and he will.....lol

Old 09-03-2019, 06:15 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Trump has denied he said that. The idea was first floated by a scientist. Its a myth that's been around for a long time.

Personally, I don't think its that preposterous that we might one day have some technology to disrupt a hurricane, so I am not averse to anyone brainstorming those theories as long as they don't involve nuclear fallout.

In any case, what does that have to do with this thread?

Ya'll like to say Trumps brain isn't working. Explain to us how your brain used this anonymous sourced report to decide Trump doesn't understand the seriousness of the current storm. That is a totally illogical leap to me. If you were using it to decide whether or not to listen to Trumps advice about the current storm you would probably end up drowned in storm surge.
Naah, we'd probably illustrate how serious we think the problem is by claiming it's the reason for cancelling a trip overseas to meet with the leaders of a country developing into a steadfast ally and then completely negate whatever value of that lame excuse by going golfing instead.

Just the sort of thing you apparently think of as irrelevant that other world leaders are coming to understand about Trump. He's a lying windbag and he's the President.

The point you introduced about it being a holiday was nonsensical when a major diplomatic trip to Poland planned months in advance, was scheduled for that same holiday, but you'll never get that will you, Trump's many missteps and lies just endears him to such as yourself.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:58 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Naah, we'd probably illustrate how serious we think the problem is by claiming it's the reason for cancelling a trip overseas to meet with the leaders of a country developing into a steadfast ally and then completely negate whatever value of that lame excuse by going golfing instead.

Just the sort of thing you apparently think of as irrelevant that other world leaders are coming to understand about Trump. He's a lying windbag and he's the President.

The point you introduced about it being a holiday was nonsensical when a major diplomatic trip to Poland planned months in advance, was scheduled for that same holiday, but you'll never get that will you, Trump's many missteps and lies just endears him to such as yourself.
So much outrage over such trivial things.

It makes no difference to me whether Trump gets his updates on the golf course or sitting in his office. Why should it?

The fact he was planning official travel for a holiday had no relevance to what he ended up doing when that changed.

Personally I prefer my presidents rested up/relaxed before they have to deal with a natural disaster. His golf game doesn't seem to be negatively impacting anything storm related, but go ahead and churn that outrage. Its pretty entertaining at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies