Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 11:11 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I score center left. I've heard the term "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" and that labels sits ok with me. I've heard people say that that label is BS, doesn't exist. I think it does.

Do what ya like in the bedroom, just keep your paws out of my wallet, as much as you can.
I'm pretty skeptical of anyone claiming to be fiscally conservative these days. The budget deficit went over 1 trillion dollars yesterday - the highest ever and twice what it was a couple years ago when Obama left office - with 4 months to go. I did not hear a peep out of the supposedly fiscal conservatives. I think the root of Republicanism is really bigotry - social intolerance. What else could explain this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 11:13 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

How come no US Flags on stage?
Didn’t you know by now that the American flag seriously triggers democrats who are deeply ashamed of America and any symbol that stands for it?
Anything that symbolizes patriotism or American values like our anthem, our flag, the words nationalism, sovereignty, or patriotism will inflame and trigger democrats now.
And the words MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is downright vulgar profanity to Dems.— and justifies hatred, harassment and violence.
The rest of us should feel ashamed and deplorable if not woke enough to be triggered by the same.....

Old 09-13-2019, 11:14 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
what were the budget deficits in Obama's 3rd year in office?

Old 09-13-2019, 11:23 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Didn’t you know by now that the American flag seriously triggers democrats who are deeply ashamed of America and any symbol that stands for it?
Anything that symbolizes patriotism or American values like our anthem, our flag, the words nationalism, sovereignty, or patriotism will inflame and trigger democrats now.
And the words MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is downright vulgar profanity to Dems.— and justifies hatred, harassment and violence.
The rest of us should feel ashamed and deplorable if not woke enough to be triggered by the same.....
I wonder if any lefty liberal in here would care to explain or justify that?

Old 09-13-2019, 11:24 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
I could see a deadlocked convention happening if Warren picks up Sanders votes, or vice versa. Right now it's Biden at 38% and Sanders+Warren at 29%. But most of the rest of the field seem to be progressives, so it could get close as the field thins.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:25 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I didn't waste my time watching the "debates". ALL the Dim candidates lost me when, in a previous debate, they all held up their hand when asked if they would give illegal immigrants free health care. I have to pay for mine.

President Trump is clearly a better option than any of the Left Wing Loony Toons the Dims are offering. If you can't see that you should not be allowed to vote.
that picture of them all raising their hands to give free healthcare to people who are in the country illegally will be seen hundreds of times next year in 30 second intervals on TV. Especially close to the election. Meanwhile, according to Democrats, Americans are dying on the streets through lack of healthcare.

Not a good look or message. Good luck with that!

Old 09-13-2019, 11:54 AM

18,742 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
To sum up what the Democrat candidates have said so far (the only topic so far is Health Care):

More government! More government! More government!

Spend trillions and trillions! And where do we get the money?

The rich have money. We'll take it from them!

The candidates differ slightly, on which feature(s) government should spend a LOT more on, and which feature(s) govt should spend a WHOLE LOT more on.

That's the Health Care debate in a nutshell.
Bingo.

It's so easy to predict what these people will say....

Old 09-13-2019, 12:11 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default Beto shoots himself fatally

Beto o' rourke for communist party chairman!!!!!!!

Self sacrificial statement made by Beto, assures he has decided to no longer un for president of the US.

Beto's fortunes lie in some despotic regime reminiscent of the rise of Nazism in GR or Fascism in Italy.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:13 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I’m still watching it, but so far I’d scratch Bernie and Biden. Those two old farts gotta go.
Klobuchar seems knowledgeable, but she’s not resonating.
Petebutt did OK
Elizabeth Warren is doing well, I think. In her favor, she seems like everyone’s favorite kindergarten teacher.
Booker is less annoying than Harris, but they’re both race baiters.
Anyone who speaks Spanish annoys me. This is English speaking America.
Beto wasn’t bad, but he’s not the guy.
Yang was pretty good.

Winner tonight..Warren or Yang

Last edited by gentlearts; 09-13-2019 at 12:29 PM..

Old 09-13-2019, 12:13 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Orange...man...bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How come no US Flags on stage?
Same old, same old... don’t you know what country you are in? Here’s a hint... open your wallet and pull out one of those green slips of paper. Look closely and you might figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies