Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 12:16 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,094,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Then why did he remove the tweet?
Twitter removed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 12:27 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Beto sounds like a hysterical suburban housewife
I'd say "drama queen" is the more appropriate term.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:43 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Cain sounds like he made a casual death threat.

So who is to be taken the most seriously? The person who yells "There's a gun!" or the person who has a finger on the trigger of the gun?
The guy running for the most powerful office on planet earth who says if I'm elected I'm going to take your gun.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Texas Monthly named him "The Worst Legislator in Texas."

" We tried really hard to give Briscoe Cain a pass. But he left us little choice. When we asked Capitol insiders for Worst list suggestions, his name, almost universally, was the first one mentioned. He offered an amendment to defund a state council that promotes palliative care. He called it a “death panel.” Under questioning from his colleagues, it became clear that Cain didn’t know that palliative care is the treatment of terminally ill people for pain and anxiety to ease their passing. He eventually withdrew his amendment"

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politic...islators-2017/

That's boy's as sharp as a bowling ball.

He especially hated Stephen Hawking.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:48 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
LOL! The dude from the Fantastic 4 can't make the stretch you just did!

Cain WAS calling O'Rourke a clueless man-child.
Oh ok. I get it. Thanks for clearing that up for us. This surely explains away another despicable, indecent, ugly, morally corrupt and dangerous action by a Republican legislator.

It's all ok folks. Nothing to see here. In Cain's crazed mind he is threatening to kill a child and not a presidential candidate.

Cain is mentally unfit to be a Republican legislator much less have an AR-15. Maybe we need red-flag laws for both.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:00 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Oh ok. I get it. Thanks for clearing that up for us. This surely explains away another despicable, indecent, ugly, morally corrupt and dangerous action by a Republican legislator.

It's all ok folks. Nothing to see here. In Cain's crazed mind he is threatening to kill a child and not a presidential candidate.

Cain is mentally unfit to be a Republican legislator much less have an AR-15. Maybe we need red-flag laws for both.

Do you every get dizzy ?

Old 09-13-2019, 01:02 PM

858 posts, read 681,846 times
I still wonder what all the gun loving folks need these weapons for?
What are they afraid of?
If they can own AR-15, I want to be allowed to own a nuclear bomb.

Unsubstantiated fear is killing us all

Old 09-13-2019, 01:13 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That's boy's as sharp as a bowling ball.

He especially hated Stephen Hawking.

What a twit.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:15 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
I still wonder what all the gun loving folks need these weapons for?
What are they afraid of?
If they can own AR-15, I want to be allowed to own a nuclear bomb.

Unsubstantiated fear is killing us all
Albert Shanker?

(deep reference to the film "Sleeper")
https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.7312/kahl13496

Old 09-13-2019, 01:19 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Hey, Beto/Robert Francis, what makes you think if you are elected President (unlikely, IMO), you will have dictatorial powers to confiscate any private property you deem necessary?
Even if the House and the Senate pass a Bill authorizing the Government to confiscate "Assault Weapons" (and they are smart enough to define such weapons in the Bill), and you sign the Bill into law, it will be in front of the Supreme Court before the ink in your signature is dry, and it will quite likely be declared unconstitutional, unless the Government is willing to pay fair market value for each weapon confiscated. As we all know, the Government can not afford to do that

Besides, Representatives and Senators are well aware that sponsoring and/or voting for such a Bill could quite well be Political Suicide in their home State. Cut themselves off from living on the taxpayer's money? Oh, no! Anything that might prevent their re-election ain't gonna happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies