Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 08:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Well, illegal children can't vote because (a) they are not citizens; and (b) they are not old enough. Moreover, I don't see any indication in that article that there are instances where 15-20 illegal children are living in a house. So it sounds like your fears and opprobrium are premised on "facts" without any foundation in reality.

From a taxpayer's standpoint, the percentage of illegal immigrants in a school is not relevant. Illegal immigrants pay property taxes, just as citizens and legal immigrants do.
Not relevant? Good, I will with hold my property tax money since it’s “not relevant”.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:20 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It is relevant when the are pumping more and more illegals into a school district with the same number of taxpayers. If it weren’t relevant, they would not need to steal more money from the people who actually belong here.
Again, one's immigration status has no bearing on the taxpayer's school tax burden. You could make the same complaint about legal migrants and citizens. Do you get your torches and pitchforks ready every time a family moves into town or births a child?

Old 09-23-2019, 08:21 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,962 times
It's just make by blood boil.
I'm a legal immigrant, I waited in line, I paid hefty fees, I collected numerous documents, I maintained crystal clear behavior, I went to grilling interviews and background checks to get my visa and status.
And they just jumping over the fence and have the same rights as me. This is nuts!

Old 09-23-2019, 08:25 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Again, one's immigration status has no bearing on the taxpayer's school tax burden. You could make the same complaint about legal migrants and citizens. Do you get your torches and pitchforks ready every time a family moves into town or births a child?
The fact that they shouldn’t be here is relevant. Their immigration status is tied to the fact that they shouldn’t be here. The neighbor down the street is not going to birth thousands of new burdens on everyone else.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:25 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Are you sure you want to hitch your wagon to a group that says that white people shouldn't pay for people of color to go to school?
Yep, illegal people of any color = no school on my tax dollar........

Old 09-23-2019, 08:27 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Maybe if they arrested and charged the management of JBS it might change. They are one of the largest meat packers in the world and the largest employer in Worthington by a mile. Without them there would be no immigrants. Worthington is nothing more than a wide spot in the road on I90 between WI and SD.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:27 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
When are the media going to get it through their heads, it isn’t about race. The writer kept gratuitously bringing up race.
Quote:
The rising tensions reflect broader shifts in the state. Last fall, some Republican candidates called for Minnesota to stop accepting refugees, many of whom are Somali Muslims.

“There was concern among citizens as to the cost of refu*gee resettlement,” said Jeff Johnson, the GOP’s gubernatorial candidate who supported a suspension. “Often the answer was ‘you’re racist.’ It shut down the discussion.”
It’s about how much it costs and how it stretches resources for every single person I know who objects to illegal immigration, but by pretending like it’s about race those that advocate for open borders don’t have to actually discuss what it is costing.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:30 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The fact that they shouldn’t be here is relevant. Their immigration status is tied to the fact that they shouldn’t be here. The neighbor down the street is not going to birth thousands of new burdens on everyone else.
Again, from a taxpayer perspective, the fact that "they shouldn't be here" is totally irrelevant. Your tax burden is the same.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:30 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
When are the media going to get it through their heads, it isn’t about race. The writer kept gratuitously bringing up race.
It’s about how much it costs and how it stretches resources for every single person I know who objects to illegal immigration, but by pretending like it’s about race those that advocate for open borders don’t have to actually discuss what it is costing.
exactly. but it's the wapo. they couldn't write about corn flakes without finding a racial component.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:31 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Is your town’s schools comprised of appx. 50% illegal aliens?
The source of the high volume of illegals is the chicken processing plant, per this article. Only once did ICE raid the plant (many years ago), but the illegals returned shortly after the raid.

The owners of that chicken processing plant are the blame. And the US government, for allowing the illegals to work there and not charging the owners or returning for another raid.

Is the owner of the chicken processing plant politically connected? Why weren't they arrested before. Maybe ICE should be required to have on-site visits/checks once per quarter at businesses and check all the employees. Basically, a new regulation that requires this four times a year at unknown date and time, but is required.

Why is the plant continuing to employ illegals and getting away with it? The owners of that plant are placing the burden on the people of their town. The owners of the chicken processing plant are fat cat parasites, paying illegals pennies and placing the burden of paying for schooling on the townspeople. The owner gets away with it. Time and time again. The plant owner is padding their wallet by hiring illegals and the town is having to pay for it.

If the chicken processing plant only hired legals, the illegals wouldn't be flocking to the town.

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-23-2019 at 09:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies