Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 10:10 AM

8,341 posts, read 2,967,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Like they are going to do that. Trump already tried that when he said he was going to send the "asylum seekers" to Sanctuary cities and states prompting Lefty celebrities such as Cher to say "we are full up" and the elected to threaten lawsuits.

The Dems want the illegal aliens, migrants, asylum seekers, undocumented workers, unenrolled Democrats etc etc or whatever they are calling them today to spread out across the country so when they are given amnesty and voting rights the Dems can count on most of the country to be Blue.

The Dems don't care about the quality of life for citizens and LEGAL immigrants that is being reduced by the influx of poor, unskilled non English speaking people that if not given everything by the Gov would turn to crime.
The Dems also don't care about the Billions of dollars that illegal aliens cost us all every year. The billions of dollars of tax payer money that could be put to better use in helping the poor, elderly and Veterans that have fallen on hard times.

The Dems simply don't care about people UNLESS they think they can get something from them and when it comes to Illegal Aliens they are looking at a future voting base.
This. And why do people that vote democrat want these traitors in office?

Old 09-23-2019, 10:10 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, since undocumented immigrants can't vote, your asssertion is meaningless and foolish.

Thank you for demonstrating that xenophobia is predicated on ignorance.
They can vote in some local elections. Just not Federal elections. In San Francisco of all places too. Why gee golly, how close is San Francisco to Silicon Valley, Mr. Informed, non-Ignorant person?

Old 09-23-2019, 10:12 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Sick of the BS. They’re here “illegally”. They need to be deported ASAP. Don’t care what taxes they pay or don’t pay.
Another raid of the local chicken processing plant should take place. That's the source of the illegals streaming into the area. They come to work at the chicken processing plant. They do this across the entire USA. Most every town that has a chicken processing plant has lots of illegals that arrive in that town solely to work at the chicken processing plant.

The plant in the article was raided one time years back but the illegals returned shortly after the raid. In the mean time, the owner of the processing plant keeps hiring illegals, and gets away with it.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:20 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They can vote in some local elections. Just not Federal elections. In San Francisco of all places too. Why gee golly, how close is San Francisco to Silicon Valley, Mr. Informed, non-Ignorant person?

In SF - it's different. Non-citizens can vote in SCHOOL ELECTIONS only. Considering that they pay taxes and have a stake in education, that isn't a bad thing. The number is extremely low who have participated or plan to participate.

Actually that isn't a new thing - non citizens have voted in history, but the scope is extremely limited and has little to bear the fear mongering and nonsense that ya'll love to bear your chests about.

And yes, I stand by my assertion that xenophobes are ignorant, fear mongering. You've done nothing to disprove that.

Last edited by silverkris; 09-23-2019 at 10:30 AM..

Old 09-23-2019, 10:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I understood you. Let me rephrase. They always make it about race because they haven't a leg to stand on.(not you)
Got it. My apologies for jumping on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
That you for the clarification. This is a well-written fact-based post.
With all due respect to North Beach Person, he shouldn't have had to point out all of those facts to you. This is common knowledge. You shouldn't be this uninformed about something you're arguing about

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-23-2019 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Other posters are not the topic

Old 09-23-2019, 10:29 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
With all due respect to North Beach Person, he shouldn't have had to point out all of those facts to you. This is common knowledge. You shouldn't be this uninformed about something you're arguing about.
Yeah, no. Details of the breakdown of District 518 in Minnesota are not "common knowledge."

Old 09-23-2019, 10:41 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Naw, I take the side of truth, facts and logic. And if they're in conflict with your dogma, that's not my problem.

Oh BTW, I'm a he.
My apologies - I know you're a he and I'll blame multi-tasking for adding the errant 's'.

Back to sparring - . Your position is based on emotion and not facts and logic. You never provide numbers to prove anything you post when it comes to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Yeah, no. Details of the breakdown of District 518 in Minnesota are not "common knowledge."
There is information in the article, there is information online, and there is common sense. You cannot burden a school district with a number of new students who do not speak the language, and think that this isn't going to place a burden in those schools. Even if they had increased taxes to support this, it's still an unfair burden on the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies