Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 01:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

What did he do?... I mean besides being involved with the devil incarnate...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 01:45 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
What we are seeing here is the downfall of a corrupt administration, folks. Enjoy this period in our history because it really shows that America still has values and will not permit our country to become some banana republic, ruled by some despot-wannabe who thinks he is above the rest of us and the law.

We should all be proud, that even though Trump's party is turning a blind eye to all of his self serving games, the truth still prevails and will take them all down. I think I am going to start wearing a blue hat that reads:

Thank You For Keeping America Great !

Sit back and enjoy the show, things are about to get VERY interesting in our country !!
Here's the issue:

More and more it looks like trump would be arrested and charged after leaving the white house.
What does he do to stay in it past 4 or 8 years?

Old 10-16-2019, 01:47 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I wonder how long it's going to be before Mr. Giuliani is shoved under that fabled bus.

From the things Trump has already been saying publicly, Rudy better stay away from the Bus Station. Trump is already starting to distance himself from Rudy. Next it will be " Rudy, Rudy ?? I think I remember meeting that guy one time, but I meet so many people it is hard for me to remember them all !"

Trump is one piece of work !

Old 10-16-2019, 01:52 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Seems highly convenient.
This is not coming from the congress, it is coming from the FBI (under Christopher Wray, Trump appointee approved by the Republican Senate) and the Southern District of New York (under Geoffrey Berman, Trump appointee and man who performed part-time volunteer work for the Trump transition).

Say what you will, those are the facts.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:54 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
The Trump mob family. Someday they will make a movie about this better than the Godfather.

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What did he do?... I mean besides being involved with the devil incarnate...
At a minimum, Giuliani appears to have been played by the Ukrainians. Then used Presidential power in ways many within State found inappropriate topped off by Trump himself crossing a line in the Zelensky phone call.

Giuliani also dragged in dirty money then put his 'associates' repeatedly in the same place as the Trump family - WH dinner with POTUS, power breakfast with Don Jr. What Trump thought that was about is a question. These guys gave money sure, but with them also 'helping' Giuliani with the 2016 elections and the Bidens there is a strong possibility that the dinner conversation consisted of more than Trump saying "Gee, thanks guys for the dough."

Also, you have a Trump-associated lobbying firm cutting checks to Parnas.

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Here's the issue:

More and more it looks like trump would be arrested and charged after leaving the white house.
What does he do to stay in it past 4 or 8 years?
Trump is in desperation/ survival mode right now, he sees the handwriting on the wall. But we have to remember, he is not all that bright, and probably thinks he can do something to divert attention and make all of this go away.

If he was smart (yeah, THAT might happen ! ) he would cut his losses now, go to Pelosi, and make a deal that would let him quietly leave, give him immunity from future charges, give his family immunity, and let Pence take over and finish out his term. That would be a win-win for the country and save us a lot of time, trouble, and money.

But he isn't smart enough to do that, nor will his over inflated ego allow it, so he will be kicking and screaming as they close the plane door on his last day in DC. Plus, the GOP knows Pence would not win in 2020, so they need to keep this corruption going to keep the GOP in power.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:55 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This is not coming from the congress, it is coming from the FBI (under Christopher Wray, Trump appointee approved by the Republican Senate) and the Southern District of New York (under Geoffrey Berman, Trump appointee and man who performed part-time volunteer work for the Trump transition).

Say what you will, those are the facts.
Soon it’ll be, “buh buh buh buh buh But HILLARY!” Their only sad response.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:02 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
This wasn't just a phone call between Trump and Zelensky. This is a full blown conspiracy with Giuliani engineering it in advance with a ring of Ukrainian dirty money looking to influence our politicians and elections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
LOL. That conspiracy theory doesn't even make any sense.
You are certainly free to blow holes in the explanation if you can.

Please show us exactly what does not make sense, I am all ears.

Personally, I am not convinced that Giuliani is the mastermind of this whole thing, I think that more likely he has been an unsuspecting tool at the service of someone else.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:04 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
We thought there were corrupt Presidential administrations before.
Trump and Company is making them all look like rank amateurs.

This resembles the Soprano's more than it does a Presidency.
The stunning thing is his supporters won't even notice. It's always the Dems' fault, lol. Those damn Dems for discovering that I'm corrupt, says Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies