Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 05:11 PM

191 posts, read 91,416 times

Advertisements

The investigators of Benghazi included members of the GOP.... Clinton should have used the "only my own party can investigation or be a whistle blower" defense. I'm pretty sad what happened to my GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 05:16 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Not one person said the whistleblower lied though. The whistleblower told the truth and there is proof of this.

If outing the identity/character assassination is the only defense coming from the GOP, they are in deep something, and it's not deep state.

Last edited by sware2cod; 10-31-2019 at 05:27 PM..

Old 10-31-2019, 05:24 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Not one person said the whistleblower lied though. The whistleblower told the truth and there is proof of this.
Seriously? You find this credible?

Old 10-31-2019, 05:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

If character outing and character assassination is the only defense coming from the GOP, they are in deep something, and it's not deep state.
The political operative was not a whistle blower. He was in contact with Schiff and Schiff lied about it.. the second hand account had Trump asking for something in return from Ukraine. What did Trump get. Nothing.

He asked Ekraine to find out what corruption went on during the 2016 election... this made the dems very uncomfortable because they were over there trying to get dirt on Trump and his people. It will come out.

What did Hunter Biden give to get 50 thousand a month from a corrupt Burisma company? Surely they didn't pay him that kind of money to sit on a board with no experience.. Did the Biden's sell secrets, give favors, contracts , our tax dollars what .?. it is corrupt as hell.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:33 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
No Most govt employees have 10/20 years under their belt and worked for them all - stupid post - I hope there is more tooting of horns!

Old 10-31-2019, 05:34 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No Most govt employees have 10/20 years under their belt and worked for them all - stupid post - I hope more there is more tooting of horns!
To whom is your post directed?

Old 10-31-2019, 05:35 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Going after the whistleblower makes no sense here. From the opening statements of several called to congress, nearly all of them stated they reported the call and other actions to their superiors and Whitehouse counsel on several occasions. Even Bolton blew the whistle by directing his subordinates to report their concerns up the ladder.

Heck the whistleblower didn't even know the extent of Guiliani's involvement to establish a backchannel and enrich himself, the people deposed stated that.

I have no idea if the President will get impeached or not, but I do know shooting the whistleblower because the President's actions came to light will not stop this process or make a difference in the end. Outing and bashing the whistleblower does not change the depositions and hours of testimony given over the past 2 weeks.

Also, the "fruit of the poison tree" argument only works if the information was illegally obtained. I have yet to see anyone make a case that the whistleblower broke a law or went outside of normal reporting parameters. Actually, if the initial complaint was taken serious without running it directly to the Whitehouse there would NOT have been a whistleblower. The administration's own actions lead to the complaint as stated in the whistleblower complaints and corroborated by his direct supervisor.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:40 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
To whom is your post directed?
To those who think there is only one person who knows and sees things that are simply wrong. Govt workers pass through many leaders, singling one out does not change the truth just because they might have been under another administration or boss.
I hope more wake up from their bewitched state and open their mouths if all the wrong doings.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:58 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I hope more wake up from their bewitched state and open their mouths
me too

Old 10-31-2019, 06:03 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Going after the whistleblower makes no sense here. From the opening statements of several called to congress, nearly all of them stated they reported the call and other actions to their superiors and Whitehouse counsel on several occasions. Even Bolton blew the whistle by directing his subordinates to report their concerns up the ladder.

Heck the whistleblower didn't even know the extent of Guiliani's involvement to establish a backchannel and enrich himself, the people deposed stated that.

I have no idea if the President will get impeached or not, but I do know shooting the whistleblower because the President's actions came to light will not stop this process or make a difference in the end. Outing and bashing the whistleblower does not change the depositions and hours of testimony given over the past 2 weeks.

Also, the "fruit of the poison tree" argument only works if the information was illegally obtained. I have yet to see anyone make a case that the whistleblower broke a law or went outside of normal reporting parameters. Actually, if the initial complaint was taken serious without running it directly to the Whitehouse there would NOT have been a whistleblower. The administration's own actions lead to the complaint as stated in the whistleblower complaints and corroborated by his direct supervisor.

This is like sucker punching a guy, quickly putting on glasses and saying, "You wouldn't hit a guy wearing glasses, would you?"

The "whistleblower" is a dem operative, period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies