Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
As long as there is a single African American smarter than a single white or Asian person all evidence is scewed. If you are not aware of the "Chitlin" Test" it is a test that only African Americans Scored high on in the 60's to prove the bias of testing
"Where did the Hulley Gulley start"?
"How long do you cook chitlings"?
"What is a blood"?

As an aside my mostly Black students fail it.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemenot View Post
The reason that many blacks as well as every other race may have a hard time succeeding is that it's the way they are educated. If one goes to a very good school, with good teachers, good curriculum and the lessons are taught in a way that the students can understand, they will most likely be successful later on in life. However, if someone attends a very poor, low-quality, school with no solid basis of curriculum, that person will most likely end up failing to get an average-income job, or any job for that matter. If one has no education, they will most likely end up working a hard-labor job, or simply unemployed and in poverty. Although some people who are successful when they start off later become poor due to the failing of a company, drugs, or alcohol. It's different for everybody but the two main things that make any person poor is either poor schooling, or a catastrophic personal event like drug addiction.

Another reason that many blacks do not want to work and are on welfare is that many believe they should be given millions of dollars of restitution for their ancestors who were slaves, when in fact, none of them are alive, and many of these blacks' bloodlines are diluted with caucasian. They want money for their ancestors' suffering, not their own. So they wait their entire lives for this money that will never come and never bother to make a life for themselves.
I tried to stay completely out of this entire discussion because many of the posts are not only racists views but Many are just completely ascenine. You had me agreeing with the first part of your post, but when you got to the second paragraph - although it may not have been your intention, but it ended up sounding like the typical racist view.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:43 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
"Where did the Hulley Gulley start"?
"How long do you cook chitlings"?
"What is a blood"?

As an aside my mostly Black students fail it.
Then why aren't all white people rich

Old 03-18-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Then why aren't all white people rich

?????

Old 03-18-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
?????
I guess I'm trying to say if blacks have a hard time succeeding because they are black , then there should be no reason for all white people not to be successful.

oh yeah the chitlin test could be updated to reflect what inner city kids think is relevant to their survival. calculus and shakespear can't protect you in compton

Old 03-18-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I guess I'm trying to say if blacks have a hard time succeeding because they are black , then there should be no reason for all white people not to be successful.

oh yeah the chitlin test could be updated to reflect what inner city kids think is relevant to their survival. calculus and shakespear can't protect you in compton

Obtuse enough that I missed it. It's actually an interesting little test as a lot of it is based on rural South 1950's or so. Twenty years ago when the school was majority white with a large sprinkling of farm kids, they did well on it. Calc and Shakespeare gets you out of Compton.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Obtuse enough that I missed it. It's actually an interesting little test as a lot of it is based on rural South 1950's or so. Twenty years ago when the school was majority white with a large sprinkling of farm kids, they did well on it. Calc and Shakespeare gets you out of Compton.
touche'

Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 PM

587 posts, read 1,411,433 times
Another stupid Stormfront-esque thread trying to tear down black people. Last time I checked, the leader of the free world was a black man.

Most predominantly black cities and predominantly black areas of large cities have been ravaged by the very real plague of deindustrialization. Blacks relocated to big cities by the tens of thousands from the rural south to work in factories in the first half of the twentieth century. After the race riots of the 60's, whites left big cities in droves for the shiny newly built suburbs. Factories in the city where blacks worked were shutdown permanently or relocated overseas and rebuilt as sweatshop slave labor factories in Asia.

Despite finally gaining equal rights as whites after hundreds of years of oppression, blacks were released into a world of neglect and widespread joblessness in post-apocalyptic inner city environments with inferior schools and older housing with lead paint and such. Local commercial real estate once occupied by small white businesses were replaced with liquor stores. Some how foreign drug connections of hard drugs like heroin and cocaine from Latin America were established and predominantly black inner city areas became open air drug markets in the 70's. Around this same time, sentencing for drug charges became much stricter and the black prison population boomed.

Whites who fled to the suburbs abandoned blue collar work en masse and went to college and became white collar professionals. Any blue collar work performed by upper middle class whites in the outer ring suburbs was highly skilled tradesman work since manufacturing has gone the way of the dinosaur in America. Low wage service and manual labor jobs have come to be dominated by illegal immigrants in many areas of the country. In many areas of the country, the demographics in the suburbs are split between the wealthy armchair class of whites with cushy high paying white collar office jobs and the poor extremely low paid Central American illegal immigrant class who fix their roads, build new buildings, cut their lawns, repaint their houses, make their burritos at Chipotle etc. The DC suburbs in Northern Virginia and Montgomery County in Maryland immediately come to mind.

Also, whether white people realize it or not, white privilege is a real thing. Some studies have concluded that a white man who is a convicted felon has an easier time getting a job than a black man without a record in many places.

But not all white people are upper middle class suburban dwellers or big city gentrifiers. Only a relatively small percentage of Americans benefit from a post-industrial globalized economy where you could be talking to someone in India at a Wendy's drive thru and not even know it. The fact that the American education system is a complete joke from kindergarten to grad school doesn't help either. Not everyone can get a cushy government job, become a well paid highly skilled worker like a nurse or engineer or some glorified union-protected paper pusher at a big company addicted to conspicuous consumption. That being said, it is worth noting that there are millions of whites who have a hard time succeeding in America as well.

There are tons of poor white people where I live in the Baltimore area. South Baltimore and the areas around it are full of poor white trash. A perfect example is the quaint yet very run-down town of Lansdowne where the median household income is only 37K a year. That's two people making less than $10 an hour living in an expensive area of the country. But local rents are low in the area for a good reason. The predominantly white area has tons of crime and you can hear the staccato of automatic gun fire every night in the town. Until very recently, the crime rates in Lansdowne were higher than eight times the national average for every category from murder to robbery to assault to car theft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lansdow...ands,_Maryland

West Virginia, one of the poorest states in the country, is overwhelming white. The average median wage in America is only 26K a year and most of America is white. Like Chris Rock said, outside of the ten states where you have lots of black people, the rest of the 40 some odd states are poor white people living in trailers.

In raw numbers, there are millions of upon millions more poor white people than black people and white people do not face the same discrimination as blacks do everyday.

Last edited by LunaticVillage; 03-20-2013 at 11:22 PM..

Old 03-20-2013, 10:58 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I am saying in a genral sense. Now there are many,many successful blacks in this country but there are still waaaay to many the dwell at the bottom. I do understand racism but I really would like to take that out of the equation and look at things that blacks themsleves can do. We, blacks, cannot control the way whites treat us not can we make them change that kind of behavior but we can controll ourselves.

So what can we do to get a more stable footing in America? I ask this question because I sure would like to do more than just mentor black kids, I don'think I'm doing enough, that is far from enough. Blacks have to do much more. I would like to hear any suggestions or opinions........
Not enough support of each other nor enough investments that are actually profitable plus over-consumerism for our income to spend ratio.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Threads with out a post for 3 years really need to be locked
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies