Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 07:24 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Last time I checked, McCain went from a war hero to traitor and a nobody in the eyes of Trumpers after he went against their lord...
I'm not taking away anything he has done in the military.

But some of the things he did later in life were questionable at best. And some of the things his surrogates did were beyond questionable.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:28 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They are not conservative.

You can't tell me that anyone who would be willing to put rabid Democrats in power is conservative.

Maybe I could see it with the Democrats of old... but not these Democrats today. No way.
Trump is a populist. He is not remotely conservative. At this point, the Democrats are more in line with traditional conservative values than the GOP is. Anyone who votes for Trump is not a conservative.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Trump is a populist. He is not remotely conservative. At this point, the Democrats are more in line with traditional conservative values than the GOP is. Anyone who votes for Trump is not a conservative.
You can call him whatever you want. He's better for the country than anyone else interested in the job at this point.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:50 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
You can call him whatever you want. He's better for the country than anyone else interested in the job at this point.
You were the one that challenged the notion that The Lincoln Project was not conservative.

If you agree with Trump's policies, then sure, go vote for him. However, don't pretend that you are doing so based on conservative values.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:54 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
They are not conservative.

You can't tell me that anyone who would be willing to put rabid Democrats in power is conservative.

Maybe I could see it with the Democrats of old... but not these Democrats today. No way.
You’re not the conservative gate keeper.

Real conservatives are critical of trump and the gop. Their being conservative is questionable. The best way to force change within it is to work against it.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:55 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Nothing - absolutely nothing - has been right since Trump took office.

Tariffs totally destablized the stock market, not to mention done extreme harm to our farmers and food exporters - who are now in even MORE trouble because of CV.

As if that wasn't bad enough, so-called irresponsible and unnecessary tax cuts ballooned deficit/debt

- and now on top of that country is printing money like there is no tomorrow

- and on top of that country is facing an economy and tax revenues which will be in the ditch for years because of the virus

- which virus, if he wasn't so averse to hearing bad news, his administration might have been better able to defend against earlier.

So, not only has he bankrupted the farmers in this country, he's bankrupted the country itself.

At the very least, had he not instituted tariffs and the tax-cut boondoggle, we would have been in a much better position to weather what will be tantamount to, at the very LEAST, the Great Recession. Some say we are looking at a Depression.

Trump does, indeed, destabilize and kill whatever he touches.

I haven't had a decent night's rest since he's been elected.
Agree 100%

Old 05-06-2020, 08:07 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You’re not the conservative gate keeper.

Real conservatives are critical of trump and the gop. Their being conservative is questionable. The best way to force change within it is to work against it.
Yeah, that's called subversion. And the people working to subvert conservatives are _NOT_ conservative. Sorry, we know what it means and the interlopers trying to destroy the GOP while claiming the mantle of conservatism are frauds. All leftists are frauds. We see it here everyday as they abandon the principles they say they espouse. They are amateur-hour BS.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:13 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Yeah, that's called subversion. And the people working to subvert conservatives are _NOT_ conservative. Sorry, we know what it means and the interlopers trying to destroy the GOP while claiming the mantle of conservatism are frauds. All leftists are frauds. We see it here everyday as they abandon the principles they say they espouse. They are amateur-hour BS.
You’re still confusing the GOP with conservatives. It’s no longer the Conservative party.

Think of the Lincoln Project as the antibiotics used to kill a virus.

If your a fanboi it doesn’t matter. The rest are seeing more and more trumps just a hollow shill.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You were the one that challenged the notion that The Lincoln Project was not conservative.

If you agree with Trump's policies, then sure, go vote for him. However, don't pretend that you are doing so based on conservative values.
They aren't.

Trump is more conservative than any of the opposing candidates. That's all I have to go on. You can tell me if I am wrong.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:41 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
i just watched the ad and, IMO, it's not effective. it's well put together and the message is clear but i don't think it will crack trump's supporters. to do that you'd need attack ads similar to trump's own. fire with fire. currently you're just preaching to the choir on both sides of the political spectrum.

that being said...... i find it absolutely comical that trump has given the ad infinitely more exposure by having a twitter-tantrum over it. if conway & co.'s goal were to sway some of those planning on voting for trump then it was a failure ( IMO ). if the goal was to provoke trump into doing something stupid...... then well played sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies