Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 07:11 PM

31,304 posts, read 22,291,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It is Biden's duty to answer to everyone regardless of what his answer is. He is a public servant. I stopped listening to your opinion when you assumed that the arsonist who lit up the Democratic headquarters in Phoenix was a right-winger when it turned out to be an ex-volunteer for the Democrats.
Its always like that. Wrong! Democrats burning down their own party head quarters, Jussie Smollet and his fake attack, the fake Covington high incident, the girl with the burns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 07:40 PM

20,846 posts, read 17,180,780 times
WE don't like laws being broken. Laws protect the people Not always without flaws. I never heard a negative word from my Mississippi and Alabama grandparents towards any person.

What is profoundly disappointing is that these young men and women are lost....with a culture of darkness surrounding them every day.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:14 PM

22,547 posts, read 12,115,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You can easily say the same your with Carter about Trump. Lousy president and roo naive for the job. Both did not handle crisises well. Carter had the second wave of the OPEC gas crisis and the Iran hostage crisis. Trump had the immigration separation crisis, Ukraine gate, his laying down for Kim Jung-Il, Covid and threatening to not turnover power and asking militia groups to tend to voting locations. Lots of Carter in Trump.
What "immigration separation crisis"? Legal immigrants weren't separated from family members. Or do you mean illegal aliens? If so, then you know that they were separated from the kids who were with them because many of them were engaging in trafficking. Would you have rather have kids stay with those who trafficked them?

Ukraine Gate? It's not like Biden is innocent when it comes to that. Hunter certainly benefited.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Omitted by error, though it didn't alter the Trump electoral deficit.
If you turn out to be wrong. Will you come back here and admit it?

Old 10-12-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I made my official response to this entire thread. https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post59382472
Your thread somehow got merged with this one. That^^^^is a dead link.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:40 PM

18,005 posts, read 15,691,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, we rural people can at least take comfort in the fact that except for almost certainly having our taxes raised, we probably won't see any direct result if the liberal crazies win. People where I live now generally just have a live and let live attitude, even if they disagree.

I am just so thankful that I am retired (meaning no kids still in school) and now live three hours away from any MAJOR city. I moved to rural Wisconsin from metro Denver and before that, from the L.A. area, and I am so glad I am no longer in either place.
I actually live in Carson City (us locals call it Cartoon City) which is the Capitol but its not really metro. Like Vegas or Reno. Its considered rural but it pretty fair sized.

It's as bug as I want to get. Home is about an hour and a half Southeast. My son has the family ranch now. Medical issues forced me up here. So I just gave him the spread

Now his kids can grow up just like he and I both did. It'll be Fort Apache if the election gets silly, which I'm afeared it might. When the rioting started nothing much happened here in Carson. Just Vegas and Reno.

But if Biden loses the wingnuts from Vegas Reno and even Sac and the Bay will likely descend on us in force. The locals here are no weak sisters. But if it comes to a fight (which I dont much feel like) I want to be with my family.

My lady here will go with me as here kids are out of state. If things dont get ugly my gal and I will come back and get things squared here with stuff that wont matter if the BS starts.

Initially we are loading my truck and her car with the food , medical, weapons and ammunition and whatever bits if precious we cant live without and sinking spur. Neither one of us want to be near population concentrations.

And getting out early us just prudent. So we dont have to fight our way through "protesters" blocking roads. I could get us where we're going on dirt roads needs be but we'd have to ditch her car. And with it any supplies in it. That would suck.

I hope it doesn't get nasty. But I'm not holding my breath.

Old 10-13-2020, 12:16 AM

38,933 posts, read 24,009,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
A big reason for NYC becoming a hot spot was the China travel ban. Chinese simply flew to Europe then to the USA mostly to the east coast. You can't have a travel ban which is like swiss cheese.
Yeah but don't tell the Trumpsters on here that. They'll say we're lying and blind Trump haters...

Old 10-13-2020, 11:30 AM

73,125 posts, read 62,944,273 times
If Trump wins, it won't be because he is liked. It will be because Biden is a horrible challenger. Neither Trump or Biden are any good in my opinion. What I do think could happen is what happened last time. Many people will simply not vote. Trump won the electoral vote without winning the popular vote. It could happen again. It could end up that those who normally vote Democrat will simply abstain from voting and many undecided voters could add to Trump.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:41 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,332,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I care about white supremacy. I care more that our country is shifting to a regressive authoritarian leaning place. I care about the environment. I care about the world my kids are going to be left with. I care that the days when we valued experts are gone. It’s like living through the movie, Idiocracy.

Look at the world leaders thread and the people like Putin and Bolsonero who Trump supporters admire. 100 years of progress is being undone right now. It’s scary and depressing for anyone who values intelligence over bravado. I still believe that there are enough Republicans who think like this to defeat Trump. Ultimately I think that’s why he loses.
I meant that no one besides stone leftists care about "white supremacy." Stone leftists aren't going to vote for any Republican, ever, so it's immaterial.

Could you explain why you think that the country is "shifting to a regressive authoritarian leaning place?"

Old 10-13-2020, 07:42 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,332,093 times
Quote:
They largely did not and were feelgood measures. Why because it didn't really ban travel. Trump however banned if not increased scrutiny of European travel far too late.
Once again: Monday-morning quarterbacking. WHAT ARE THE DEMOCRATS GOING TO DO NOW?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies