Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 09:56 PM

2,048 posts, read 780,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I defend Biden not commenting because saying nothing is the best answer. If he says yes, it turns into the right saying "See, we were right." What everyone but me doesn't talk about when they say he should deny it is that the right will say "He's just saying that, I don't believe lyin' Biden."

That was for an all mail-in system for the primary, not all by mail ballot. I did mine the way I have done since 2014, by mail. It is far easier. I would have used a drop-box if I wanted to put off voting until tonight. My local drop-box is open tomorrow. I instead mailed it out like I normally do.
Honestly, I don’t really understand your babble.

He should answer yes or no so we know his position on the subject, since his party brought it up.

It really is that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 09:59 PM

38,931 posts, read 24,029,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Honestly, I don’t really understand your babble.

He should answer yes or no so we know his position on the subject, since his party brought it up.

It really is that simple.
Would you believe him if he said "No."

Old 10-11-2020, 10:00 PM

9,549 posts, read 7,118,229 times
Quote:
I defend Biden not commenting because saying nothing is the best answer. If he says yes, it turns into the right saying "See, we were right." What everyone but me doesn't talk about when they say he should deny it is that the right will say "He's just saying that, I don't believe lyin' Biden."
It’s one thing not to answer.

It’s another thing altogether to say that the voters “do not deserve to know” your position.

Which is what Joe said yesterday.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:11 PM

37 posts, read 22,588 times
It will be fun to come back to this thread after Trump wins the election. Even in my very very liberal city we're seeing crowds of Trump supporters gather weekly with their cars all decked out, waving big flags, having a grand old time. People honk and cheer as they pass. It's an amazing sight to see.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:23 PM

38,931 posts, read 24,029,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemerique415 View Post
It will be fun to come back to this thread after Trump wins the election. Even in my very very liberal city we're seeing crowds of Trump supporters gather weekly with their cars all decked out, waving big flags, having a grand old time. People honk and cheer as they pass. It's an amazing sight to see.
And when Biden wins, where can I send your bag of crow to? The fact is Trump has an electoral map nightmare.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:25 PM

18,791 posts, read 7,706,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Like I said, until it is at least 1/3 of the Black population, forget it.
Did Trump get 1/3 of the black population in 2016?

Did he win anyway?

Old 10-11-2020, 10:28 PM

20,096 posts, read 9,623,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemerique415 View Post
Wow, what city do you live in?

To hear the media and posters of BOTH major parties tell it, all cities are overwhelmingly liberal and will harass anyone showing any kind of support for Trump.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,415,906 times
It's a strange complaint to cite a worry over transfer of power, in the context of months of your party's nationwide street terrorism that is specifically meant to violently intimidate people away from voting against the party of the terrorists.

I am not sure that we can have a valid democratic election in the face of ongoing domestic terrorism of the Left, beginning on POTUS's inauguration day and continuing through to now.

Is an election valid when one party's voters are being continuously violently threatened in actions supported by the Press and across a wide-band of institutions?

Where is the UNs condemnation of such factors that are an obvious cause of a reduction in the effective climate of democracy in the United States?

I'm all for a valid election in a democratic climate that has social integrity, on schedule, but this is ridiculous.

Concentrate on reducing your street terrorism, and committing to being against it forever, in order to restore the democratic social climate in the United States so that we can get on with the business of conducting a peaceful, high trust representative democracy with a democratically valid election climate.

In other words, stop being terrorists children if democracy matters to you as you say that it does.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:30 PM

20,096 posts, read 9,623,601 times
Quote:
OK hotshot, what would you do? How do you prevent the hospitals from overrunning?
I am NOT running for POTUS, and I have also not criticized Trump for his handling of COVID.

Also, MOST hospitals are not overcrowded and overwhelmed now, and MOST hospitals never were.

P.S. I know that the above is NO comfort to those who lost loved ones due to the hospitals they were in being overcrowded! These people have my sincere sympathy.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:31 PM

18,005 posts, read 15,702,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I think both sides are equally scared the other side could win.

You are obviously afraid, but to be fair I am probably equally as terrified as you are for opposite reasons
This election spooks me for quite a few reasons. The biggest reason being is it doesn't matter who wins. The leftists will go nuts rioting burning looting and making a concentrated push to take it out of the cities into the rural areas as well if Trump wins.

If Biden wins they will still do the same thing only it will not be in "protest " It will be in glee and the violence they will do will be to force we rural dwellers, who are largely Trump supporters, to bow to their will.

And a Biden presidency and Democrat House and Senate will support them. But the rural folk wont be having any of it. Either way its plumb ugly.

The leftists intend a coup. Such as it is. Much like the Bolsheviks they will try to use violence to push their will. This election spooks me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies