Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 10:39 PM

19,895 posts, read 9,453,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This election spooks me for quite a few reasons. The biggest reason being is it doesn't matter who wins. The leftists will go nuts rioting burning looting and making a concentrated push to take it out of the cities into the rural areas as well if Trump wins.

If Biden wins they will still do the same thing only it will not be in "protest " It will be in glee and the violence they will do will be to force we rural dwellers, who are largely Trump supporters, to bow to their will.

And a Biden presidency and Democrat House and Senate will support them. But the rural folk wont be having any of it. Either way its plumb ugly.

The leftists intend a coup. Such as it is. Much like the Bolsheviks they will try to use violence to push their will. This election spooks me.
Well, we rural people can at least take comfort in the fact that except for almost certainly having our taxes raised, we probably won't see any direct result if the liberal crazies win. People where I live now generally just have a live and let live attitude, even if they disagree.

I am just so thankful that I am retired (meaning no kids still in school) and now live three hours away from any MAJOR city. I moved to rural Wisconsin from metro Denver and before that, from the L.A. area, and I am so glad I am no longer in either place.

Last edited by katharsis; 10-11-2020 at 11:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 01:53 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,961,589 times
I don't understand why some people give fake phrase in the reputation. I got this insanity in one.

Quote:
You need to get out of the deep state BS. Get some sun and a reality check. It will work wonders for you.
Seriously mods y'all need to stop this regardless of whatever side is getting attacked. If you can't post something on the forum, don't. Can't tell you how many times I thought better. Confidentiality it was over me saying Trump's electoral map looks very hard.

Old 10-12-2020, 03:37 AM

31,134 posts, read 22,174,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK hotshot, what would you do? How do you prevent the hospitals from overrunning?
Well, if you are a Democrat Govenor you send the old folks with covid to Care Facilities for the aging

Old 10-12-2020, 04:12 AM

8,653 posts, read 10,185,286 times
Quote:
I defend Biden not commenting because saying nothing is the best answer. If he says yes, it turns into the right saying "See, we were right." What everyone but me doesn't talk about when they say he should deny it is that the right will say "He's just saying that, I don't believe lyin' Biden."

That was for an all mail-in system for the primary, not all by mail ballot. I did mine the way I have done since 2014, by mail. It is far easier. I would have used a drop-box if I wanted to put off voting until tonight. My local drop-box is open tomorrow. I instead mailed it out like I normally do.
It is Biden's duty to answer to everyone regardless of what his answer is. He is a public servant. I stopped listening to your opinion when you assumed that the arsonist who lit up the Democratic headquarters in Phoenix was a right-winger when it turned out to be an ex-volunteer for the Democrats.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:26 AM

18,473 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
This is my long-form reply to the AADAD post Why WE Won. Why We'll Win Again II. It has become painfully obvious that Trump is going to lose the election. National polling he is behind by an average of 10 points in the last week, week and a half. State polling he is mostly doing worse than he was in 2016. Electorally, he is in a mess with a lot of must-win states trending Biden, even Ohio which wasn't a need in this year's map. To me, while I have seen the writing on the wall with his handling of Covid, this really started last week during the first and possibly only presidential debate and continued during his Covid diagnosis and case. I have come up with five reasons in particular:
  • Trump is unhinged.
  • Attacks on the election process and change of power.
  • Support of anti-government militias.
  • Refusal to denounce white supremacy.
  • Covid-19 and his lack of handling the virus.

Trump has acted really unhinged the last two or so weeks dating back to the release of his tax information by the NYT. Whether it was truthful or not, it was effective and caused issues for Trump going forward. Then he was interrupted to the point of belligerence during the first debate. He made a few good points but a lot of what he interrupted with were off-base or downright conspiracy. Then his Twitter rants when he was recovering from Covid. Trump is clearly mentally unfit to be president.

Trump's attack on the institution of the election process is downright treasonous. It really sounds like to me that Trump wants to be a Putin. You know, the type of leader our founding fathers did not want at all. Remember besides FDR all presidents followed a two-term length, even those that came in with the death of the preceding president. The attacks lead into the next issue. Now he attacks mail-in balloting, something he has done for years and I have as well?

Trump's support of anti-government militias is downright scary. Yes, there have been a need for a few throughout history, though every single one have failed. Bacon failed, the Whiskey Rebellion failed and the Confederacy failed as well. You can even throw in Ruby Ridge, Karasch and Bundy. Luckily Bundy never went to gunplay. That said, Trump supporting anti-government groups and encouraging them with #LiberateMichigan is downright disgusting. Now he will not comment about the Whitmer kidnappers.

Trump regardless of if he is an outright racist, is a race-baiter. He had the Central Park 5 situation that he never apologized for when they got their conviction overturned. Trump was involved in the Obama birther scandal. But one place where Trump is lost is not denouncing white supremacy. It is rather easy to do even if you don't mean it. Trump not condemning them time and time again especially in the debate lost him the election.

I will not go into detail of the last to sound like I want to beat a dead horse, but Trump has not handled the virus great at all. He even said to Bob Woodward that he didn't let the American people know how serious it was to have the American people not panic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc

Old 10-12-2020, 06:08 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,435,779 times
Quote:
This is my long-form reply to the AADAD post Why WE Won. Why We'll Win Again II. It has become painfully obvious that Trump is going to lose the election. National polling he is behind by an average of 10 points in the last week, week and a half. State polling he is mostly doing worse than he was in 2016. Electorally, he is in a mess with a lot of must-win states trending Biden, even Ohio which wasn't a need in this year's map. To me, while I have seen the writing on the wall with his handling of Covid, this really started last week during the first and possibly only presidential debate and continued during his Covid diagnosis and case. I have come up with five reasons in particular:
  • Trump is unhinged.

Trump has acted really unhinged the last two or so weeks dating back to the release of his tax information by the NYT. Whether it was truthful or not, it was effective and caused issues for Trump going forward. Then he was interrupted to the point of belligerence during the first debate. He made a few good points but a lot of what he interrupted with were off-base or downright conspiracy. Then his Twitter rants when he was recovering from Covid. Trump is clearly mentally unfit to be president.

Trump's attack on the institution of the election process is downright treasonous. It really sounds like to me that Trump wants to be a Putin. You know, the type of leader our founding fathers did not want at all. Remember besides FDR all presidents followed a two-term length, even those that came in with the death of the preceding president. The attacks lead into the next issue. Now he attacks mail-in balloting, something he has done for years and I have as well?

Trump's support of anti-government militias is downright scary. Yes, there have been a need for a few throughout history, though every single one have failed. Bacon failed, the Whiskey Rebellion failed and the Confederacy failed as well. You can even throw in Ruby Ridge, Karasch and Bundy. Luckily Bundy never went to gunplay. That said, Trump supporting anti-government groups and encouraging them with #LiberateMichigan is downright disgusting. Now he will not comment about the Whitmer kidnappers.

Trump regardless of if he is an outright racist, is a race-baiter. He had the Central Park 5 situation that he never apologized for when they got their conviction overturned. Trump was involved in the Obama birther scandal. But one place where Trump is lost is not denouncing white supremacy. It is rather easy to do even if you don't mean it. Trump not condemning them time and time again especially in the debate lost him the election.

I will not go into detail of the last to sound like I want to beat a dead horse, but Trump has not handled the virus great at all. He even said to Bob Woodward that he didn't let the American people know how serious it was to have the American people not panic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsnothardtounderstand View Post
Yes he will. Deep down, you know it.

Agreed.

OP, don't let the lag between the LSM's lies and the truth coming out through less traditional outlets give you the false impression that people believe Biden's bull ****.

The only reason to believe Biden is winning Florida and key rustbelt states is the same polling that was dead ass wrong the last time.

In 2016, the polling didn't match up to the enthusiasm gap that we were able to see with our own eyes.

The Trump rallies were constant overflow events with thousands of people inside and as many or more outside trying get in.

Hillary then, like Biden now, couldn't fill school gymnasiums without Beyonce and Jay-Z showing up to help out, so what's changed?

We are told that Biden's response to the pandemic would have been better, except there is absolutely no reason to believe that claim is true.

In fact, Biden has consistently been a step behind since January.

Trump's China travel ban came at approximately the same time, or before, most other nations instituted their own travel bans, but Biden didn't call for one until April 3rd.

https://www.cerescourier.com/opinion...na-travel-ban/

We also know that it was the Obiden administration that rubber-stamped the Covidien-Newport merger when Newport was under contract to produce ventilators for the national pandemic stockpile.

Lucky for us we didn't need them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...-shortage.html

Actually, Biden is slightly behind the 2016 Hillary Clinton campaign.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...-2020-vs-2016/

About that not accepting the outcome...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/recount...da-jill-stein/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g-_JRPMjG4

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...c67_story.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39945744

Supporting antigovernmental groups?

How so?

Is Trump also an Anarchist?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ti-trump-views

As for the election....

https://news.stonybrook.edu/facultys...win-for-trump/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/vice-...b0bce34701ab15

Old 10-12-2020, 06:23 AM

5,106 posts, read 1,683,904 times
Quote:
  • Trump is unhinged.

Pushing your opinion as fact?

Quote:

A Left wing lie. Biden is the one thats been coached not to accept the results of the election, in fact this is common with Democrats since so many still haven't accepted the results of the 2016 election.

Quote:

Like BLM and Antifa?

Quote:

Another left wing lie, he even did so AGAIN on the debate stage the other night, What we didn't see was Biden denounce Antifa; instead we saw he deflect and call it an "idea". An "idea" that has caused millions of $ in property damage in the Pacific NW. The other loser Democrats like Schumer parrot this nonsense.

Quote:

You have him confused with Democrat officials here, they are the ones that failed.

Jan 31st - travel from China[where the virus originated] shut off(called xenophobic from the antiAmerican Democrats for protecting America for doing this)
March 4th - mayor of NY telling citizens to go to packed movie theaters, the NY health director said a few days prior to certainly "not miss the parade next week"

March 24th - Pelosi in SFs Chinatown encouraging people to be out and about

don't be so misinformed, you will embarrass yourself less that way.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:28 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Many cracks in the republican party, his supporters would like to back out but it's too late. The virus still increasing and the economy going down hill and his big issue is Obama and Clinton's emails. Pretty obviously he is in desperate territory with around 50 tweets in 24hours on Obama and spending 2 hours with Rush Limbaugh, that is not a confident president. Many senate races like Cornyn, Ernst and Graham going south that were a slam dunk a few months ago.

Now he's criticizing Barr and Pompeo, he is definitely unhinged.

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-12-2020 at 06:46 AM..

Old 10-12-2020, 07:06 AM

35,773 posts, read 21,143,565 times
It's a toss up I think either can win-- I just hope all will go and vote and no hanky panky with the ballots etc. I can only pray.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:08 AM

985 posts, read 1,857,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
If Trump doesn't win, the Nation, and the world will regret it.
Apart from Putin, Bolsonaro and a few others, the world looks forward to a new and respectable American president, a president who aims to unite and not divide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies