Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 05:04 PM

3,339 posts, read 3,295,937 times

Advertisements

His name is De “Saint” because our governor is a saint. Just got my first COVID shot in the most organized county in the state (Alachua has vaccinated more per capita than any other county in the state).

I am so thankful to live in Florida!

Old 01-21-2021, 05:15 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,802,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
His name is De “Saint” because our governor is a saint. Just got my first COVID shot in the most organized county in the state (Alachua has vaccinated more per capita than any other county in the state).

I am so thankful to live in Florida!
Assuming you are not 85+ or a teacher. Are you happy to have gotten one before one of those two?

Old 01-21-2021, 05:36 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,658,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Assuming you are not 85+ or a teacher. Are you happy to have gotten one before one of those two?
Why in the world would a teacher get priority?

Old 01-21-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Why in the world would a teacher get priority?
Because the Gov. of Florida forced them back into work into a fully open school during the worst part of the pandemic? For one. If school did not open he threatened to cut funding.

If they were allowed to be remote the would be no need for teachers to get it, as is happening in other states. This state is not like that.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:54 PM

1,067 posts, read 631,990 times
Quote:
Because the Gov. of Florida forced them back into work into a fully open school during the worst part of the pandemic? For one. If school did not open he threatened to cut funding.

If they were allowed to be remote the would be no need for teachers to get it, as is happening in other states. This state is not like that.
Read the study from Duke an UNC. They studied the transmission of COVID-19 in the North Carolina schools and found little to no transmission. Yet look at California and the increase in infections when they shut things down.

Old 01-21-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I don't understand why people don't get this? Is there just some kind of lack of reason or low IQ here?

Do people not understand that 85+ is the most ? Do they not understand how MANY 65+ year olds + 65+ year old snowbirds there are? Why can my brain compute how hard that makes it for 85+ year olds to get that.

Furthermore, if grandma and grandpa have to sit tight for 3 more months so a TEACHER WHO IS FORCED BACK TO WORK BY THE GOV. can get a vaccine, that is CLEARLY the path forward.
The “snowbird” questions has been answered so many times. Maybe you can ask the same question in all the other states that has winter residents in states like Arizona, Texas, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, etc.

Next, when you dig into the data, you will see why there is a focus on those that are 65-84 yrs old. This group is taking up a good chunk of the capacity in the ICU and this is the first critical area that must be addressed. Here is an example:

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/...e-16c9ab0f2b0a

To your last point, it doesn’t matter if Grandma and Grandpa sit tight. They are high risk and total isolation is not possible. Look at what happened in nursing homes. Almost all states block family from visiting nursing homes, yet 42% of COVID deaths came from nursing home residents. What percentage of deaths occurred in teachers exposed in schools?

So answer your own question. Tell us why you don’t get this. Do you lack reason or is it just low IQ?

Last edited by Jim1921; 01-21-2021 at 06:18 PM..

Old 01-21-2021, 06:03 PM

18,840 posts, read 8,521,153 times
can you believe this....they couldn't even wait for the body to get cold

"literally one hour after Biden takes the oath, the WHO admits that PCR testing at high amplification rates alters the predictive value of the tests...

and results in a huge number of false positives"

https://twitter.com/AndySwan/status/1351975650521993221 < This Tweet is unavailable.

Source >20 January 2021 WHO Information Notice for IVD Users 2020/05

"WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity."

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-...-users-2020-05

==========

...this is the same UN/WHO that lied and said China reported it....when they didn't

the same UN/WHO that reported that China said it's not transmissible person to person

Last edited by Corrie22; 01-21-2021 at 06:26 PM..

Old 01-21-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
Read the study from Duke an UNC. They studied the transmission of COVID-19 in the North Carolina schools and found little to no transmission. Yet look at California and the increase in infections when they shut things down.
How could duke study this before students and teachers were sent back to school?

Family members school opened up the Monday after thanks giving. By Friday 3 teachers were showing symptoms and tested positive, by the Monday after that 22 children and 11 teachers had tested positive, many were sick, one went to the hospital.

I also do side jobs for this school, this is first hand knowledge on my part, not second hand. That is NOT little to no transmission. They were forced to go virtual for 2 weeks before christmas.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
How could duke study this before students and teachers were sent back to school?

Family members school opened up the Monday after thanks giving. By Friday 3 teachers were showing symptoms and tested positive, by the Monday after that 22 children and 11 teachers had tested positive, many were sick, one went to the hospital.

I also do side jobs for this school, this is first hand knowledge on my part, not second hand. That is NOT little to no transmission. They were forced to go virtual for 2 weeks before christmas.
They studied schools that had opened. Here is the study:

https://pediatrics.aappublications.o...48090.full.pdf

When LA shut down schools, why did infections still rise? Personal anecdotes lack any statistical significance.

This is why we have actual controlled clinical studies.

Last edited by Jim1921; 01-21-2021 at 07:30 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 12:27 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,548,528 times
Quote:
I don't understand why people don't get this? Is there just some kind of lack of reason or low IQ here?

Do people not understand that 85+ is the most ? Do they not understand how MANY 65+ year olds + 65+ year old snowbirds there are? Why can my brain compute how hard that makes it for 85+ year olds to get that.

Furthermore, if grandma and grandpa have to sit tight for 3 more months so a TEACHER WHO IS FORCED BACK TO WORK BY THE GOV. can get a vaccine, that is CLEARLY the path forward.
Despite all of their claims to the contrary, the handful of DeSantis Worship Cult (DWC) members who dominate this and other COVID threads in this forum, are highly political in their posts, and so engage in obfuscation to diminish the logical points that you have made repeatedly.

I could spend my entire day playing whack-a-mole against their repeated misrepresentation of the facts. E.g., they repeatedly suggest that the elderly should have preference over younger teachers and other essential workers, but they NEVER explain why the MOST elderly shouldn't have vaccine preference over the much younger elderly, as is common in many other states. And, contrary to one poster's statements, Ohio does prioritize the vaccinations for the most elderly over the younger elderly, a fact that I've documented and emphasized in this forum but yet still misrepresented by at least one DWC poster (see post 46).

There's also the reality that the primary goal of DWC posters is to keep DeSantis in office to protect against any erosion in Florida's status as a tax haven. Their posts, as you've repeatedly noted, display a disgusting lack of indifference to Florida's most elderly residents, Florida's essential workers, and to the safety of school workers and even school children.

Ironically, DeSantis' well-earned dislike among front-line healthcare workers, school teachers, and other essential workers, and among their relatives, may doom his reelection chances. Amusingly, the DWC hasn't even figured this out yet. If the most elderly Floridians, subjected to what the AARP labels the elderly "Hunger Games" and vaccination inequities due to the elevated preference of the younger elderly, are alive in 2022 and still remember the inequities inflicted upon them by DeSantis, DeSantis and perhaps Republicans in general could be routed. Then, consider the political consequences if large numbers of infected and supposedly recovered Floridians discover they have long-term, if not permanent, lung damage and perhaps other health defects (see post 48).

Also, when America finally understands how pathetically the U.S. has managed the epidemic compared to the likes of South Korea, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, etc., let alone China, my prediction is that Trump and his enablers, including DeSantis, will be held in great contempt. Unfortunately, even incredibly, neither the American media let alone the Democratic Party have emphasized this distinction yet. Sadly, the Biden epidemic response initially appears more Trump-like than Australia-like, with too little emphasis on robust, mandatory contract tracing AND, especially, mandatory and enforced quarantine policies.

Last edited by WRnative; 01-22-2021 at 12:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies