Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 01:26 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,127,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I read about that deer story months ago. I wonder how the virus could spread that fast among deer, or at all for that matter. I mean, they are territorial, they live in closed herds afaik...

Did all infected deer get their virus from the same person, directly or indirectly?

And how? I mean, people don't exactly run through the woods and hug deer.

Maybe it was the other way round, i.e. maybe deer were infected first and spread it to humans.
There is a very nasty virus (compared to which the coronavirus is peanuts) in SE Asia, which jumped from bats to humans when bats nibbled at fruits on trees. The fruits dropped down with the saliva on them, pigs ate them and got infected, and from there it spread to humans. If that virus ever spreads like the coronavirus, we're done.
Maybe deer also ate contaminated fruits and berries.
This virus spreads through sewage too. Why the Chinese test up your arse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 01:36 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,449,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, this virus is here to stay, it will continue to mutate, and the best thing to do is work on effective treatments, not hopeless vaccines. The wildlife populations are too large of a reservoir for it to survive and spread in for us to ever eliminate it.
I’ve been saying this for a year. This isn’t going away. You can’t vaccine this bug away. Until we have absolutely effective treatments we are not going back to “normal”. Welcome to the new normal.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:47 PM

3,100 posts, read 1,569,738 times
Quote:
I read about that deer story months ago. I wonder how the virus could spread that fast among deer, or at all for that matter. I mean, they are territorial, they live in closed herds afaik...

Did all infected deer get their virus from the same person, directly or indirectly?

And how? I mean, people don't exactly run through the woods and hug deer.

Maybe it was the other way round, i.e. maybe deer were infected first and spread it to humans.
There is a very nasty virus (compared to which the coronavirus is peanuts) in SE Asia, which jumped from bats to humans when bats nibbled at fruits on trees. The fruits dropped down with the saliva on them, pigs ate them and got infected, and from there it spread to humans. If that virus ever spreads like the coronavirus, we're done.
Maybe deer also ate contaminated fruits and berries.
the virus you described in very similiar to one in Australia where horses got sick and died and so did their caretakers. the horses were under trees that fruit bats visited. I think its name is Hendra.
As far as deer, hunters are being warned about the possibility of infection by coming in contact with deer they have shot that have Covid. Also about eating deer meat.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:11 PM

13,451 posts, read 7,450,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
This virus spreads through sewage too. Why the Chinese test up your arse.
That was discovered last year in Hongkong when one person in a high density apartment building spread it to several others by just the action of flushing a toilet. https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/asia/...hnk/index.html

Old 11-16-2021, 07:07 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,810,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
the virus you described in very similiar to one in Australia where horses got sick and died and so did their caretakers. the horses were under trees that fruit bats visited. I think its name is Hendra.
As far as deer, hunters are being warned about the possibility of infection by coming in contact with deer they have shot that have Covid. Also about eating deer meat.

Yes, sounds similar. This is the one I meant:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipah_virus_infection

Old 11-16-2021, 07:17 AM

38,331 posts, read 22,331,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This is disgusting news. Whoever manipulated this needs to be torn apart on the world stage. Also, how did deer contract this? At the daycare, school or workplace?
I'm forming a volunteer group to place masks on the local deer population. You can join our group by contacting 800-555-3825

Old 11-16-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm forming a volunteer group to place masks on the local deer population. You can join our group by contacting 800-555-3825

On a serious note, do the deer actually get sick or are they immune against the virus?

Old 11-16-2021, 09:20 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,519,302 times
The killing of the pets has begun in China. This is where crazy goals of "Zero Covid" lead. Really sick.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 11-16-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
The killing of the pets has begun in China. This is where crazy goals of "Zero Covid" lead. Really sick.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp
If it is true, it's indeed horrible. We have such cases here in Europe as well, where people beat their own pets to death, drown them alive in a plastic bag etc., independently of any infection. Such people have always existed, probably sociopaths.

But I doubt it there is a pet-killing campaign in China as you imply with your wording.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:44 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,519,302 times
Quote:
If it is true, it's indeed horrible. We have such cases here in Europe as well, where people beat their own pets to death, drown them alive in a plastic bag etc., independently of any infection. Such people have always existed, probably sociopaths.

But I doubt it there is a pet-killing campaign in China as you imply with your wording.
Huh? It's right in the article. The gov't is doing it.

(Bloomberg) -- Video of the beating to death of a dog in China whose owner was in quarantine has shocked the nation and terrified pet owners over how far the government might go to realize its goal of zero Covid.

The corgi, Chaofen, was seen being clubbed by government workers in protective gear after its owner had contact with a Covid-19 patient and was sent into isolation. The video was captured by a camera in the owner’s home. The dog ran into another room after being struck on the head with a metal rod.

The owner, identified in news reports as Ms. Fu, said afterward that Chaofen had died, and that the pets of some of her neighbors suffered the same fate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies