Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2008, 09:57 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The current Federal law is:

This is current folks
You're not understanding the other posters (or me, I suppose). We're talking about civilians. You're talking about people in the military. And yes--the laws were put into place by Congress, but they don't affect everyone, just members of the military, unless I'm mistaken. And like I said about Lawrence v. Texas, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 10:05 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
You're not understanding the other posters (or me, I suppose). We're talking about civilians. You're talking about people in the military. And yes--the laws were put into place by Congress, but they don't affect everyone, just members of the military, unless I'm mistaken. And like I said about Lawrence v. Texas, etc....
Okay fine.

I am a US citizen, and this is US law.

I am also a US military servicemember.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Okay fine.

I am a US citizen, and this is US law.

I am also a US military servicemember.
Special circumstances, then, right?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:36 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,218,248 times
Quote:
The current Federal law is:

Article 125—Sodomy

This is current folks
Uh, Mr. military man, that's article 125 of the UCMJ. Do you not understand that the UCMJ applies only to the military and not civilians? This is not Federal Law applying to civilians and "sodomy" is not illegal in this country.

I was in the Air Force for 6 years and I seem to understand UCMJ vs. civilian law better than you.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:59 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,063,439 times
Quote:
???

Which part?

You do not beleive that I am 'retired' US Navy?

We use the phrase 'retired' as it is the socially accepted phrase. the proper term is that I was transfered to the 'Fleet Reserve'. I do get a paycheck, I still have my uniforms, I am still subject to the UCMJ.

And at current whenever the US Navy falls behind in their manning levels, I am subject to being recalled to Active Duty.
You don't get a paycheck you get a retirement check. You are subject to the UCMJ only if you are actually ordered back to active duty. Why be a troll if you're actually retired Navy? Suspicious.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:02 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,063,439 times
Quote:
Your Military ID card [which allows access onto all US military bases, medical treatment, on-base shopping, free air-travel on a 'Space-Available' basis] is not a contractual relationship?
No

Quote:
Your paychecks are not a contractual relationship?
It's not a paycheck it's a retirement check.

Quote:
Hmm, there is bunk being spread here isn't there?
All by you sailor.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
You don't get a paycheck you get a retirement check. You are subject to the UCMJ only if you are actually ordered back to active duty.
Of course what I read could be incorrect, but in Brooke Kroeger's Passing, she talks about a lesbian who, while in the military, had relationships with other women in the military while, naturally, trying to pass as heterosexual. Though this woman wanted to use her real name for the book, she and Kroeger were advised against that. They were told that while there's a minute chance of it happening, if she disclosed her homosexuality she might be prosecuted even though she is not active and there was a chance she could stop receiving her checks.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:05 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
You don't get a paycheck you get a retirement check. You are subject to the UCMJ only if you are actually ordered back to active duty. Why be a troll if you're actually retired Navy? Suspicious.
You are not entirely correct there.

My paycheck becomes a 'retirement' check at 30 years, for now it is a retainer.

All US servicemembers are subject to the UCMJ. It does not require 'orders' to suddenly become a servicemember.

It has not been my intent to troll.

Rather discussing our society and the laws of our government.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Back that horse up.

Most states have had laws making homosexsual acts illegal.

Our Federal government still has those laws. Congress debated making homosexual acts illegal, congress voted on it, and it stands to this day.

Congress has never debated removing the UCMJ law making homosexual acts a felony.
You know how old those laws are??? And you & I both know those laws have been hidden in books that are covered in layers of dust. NO ONE bothers to even carry those laws through. Except people such as yourself. Do you also know that it's illegal in most states for ANYONE to have anal sex? That's right, if you & your significant other, be it homosexual or heterosexual sex were caught doing that you could get arrested. But wait, what sort of pervert would go looking in other people's windows to see what sexual acts are being done in the privacy of that persons home?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Do you also know that it's illegal in most states for ANYONE to have anal sex? That's right, if you & your significant other, be it homosexual or heterosexual sex were caught doing that you could get arrested. But wait, what sort of pervert would go looking in other people's windows to see what sexual acts are being done in the privacy of that persons home?
Uh, not since the anti-sodomy laws were overturned by the Supreme Court in 2003, I don't think. Such laws are null now.

The laws forest beekeeper is referring to impact members of the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies