Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 10:40 AM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I believe he is referring to the moral decay of the Roman Empire...
You mean the acceptance of Christianity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Absolute fact.
What does that have to do with homosexuality?

Old 05-23-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why do you equate pleasure solely with sex?
Context: this thread is about homosexuality, no? And apparently it was the reason for the fall of the Roman Empire where people turned to pleasure.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:20 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Wow, you're just.....not very smart. I love how you can, w/a straight face, blame the fall of an ENTIRE empire on homosexuality. That is priceless!!!! Too bad you can't take a time machine back to that time & ask those people, hey? I'm sure they'd agree w/your line of reasoning 100%!!!! Please, you people crack me up, so clueless, so simple, so misguided in your thinking. Ah, I weep for you & your poor children.
I am not blaming the fall of an entire empire totally on homosexuality; I don't know where you got that idea.
The Roman Empire became a type of "anything goes" society, which contributed to its downfall.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I am not blaming the fall of an entire empire totally on homosexuality; I don't know where you got that idea.
The Roman Empire became a type of "anything goes" society, which contributed to its downfall.
So what does that have to do with homosexuality and the fall of the Roman Empire?

Old 05-23-2008, 04:12 PM

423 posts, read 1,532,914 times
As a plumber once told me, if the pipes don't fit they don't belong together

Old 05-23-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwing View Post
As a plumber once told me, if the pipes don't fit they don't belong together
Heh, it's a good thing that they fit, then. It's funny to imagine unsuccessful penetration attempts... lol

Old 05-23-2008, 04:18 PM

423 posts, read 1,532,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Heh, it's a good thing that they fit, then. It's funny to imagine unsuccessful penetration attempts... lol
plumbers tapes help for those possible leaks too

Old 05-23-2008, 05:05 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Let's see, I got that idea because you're on a thread about homosexuality. Specifically, you are against gay marriage & homosexuality & in reference to it you told us to look at the fall of the Roman Empire. Now, even though you didn't insert the words...."homosexuality was the reason for the fall of the Roman Empire"...it's clear that was your hidden meaning. Please don't insult our intelligence.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Those people won because more people from liberal areas voted for them. But I still live in a conservative area. Los Angeles has many different districts and suburbs.

I don't live in a pro-homosexual city. Northridge and Porter Ranch are not liberal cities.
Yea, right, your little neighborhood is Republican is a sea of Democrats! I'm sure if you voiced your opinion about gay people to your neighbors that you would be shunned as a bigot. I doubt you have the balls to express your ignorance openly except on the Internet.

You still haven't responded. How do you feel being the minority whenever you vote? Have you given some thought to moving out of California [I hope!

Also, what is behind your preoccupation with gay sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies