Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 03:45 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,195,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Is it normal behavior for one to eat it's young?
You must not know much about gays if you mention that without citing Eve Arden in "Mildred Pierce".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterrabbit View Post
^ not true...although its a natural act, its not the norm, thus it wont affect the entire population.
and also nature likes to always find a way to survive, some species of frogs for instance change their sex according to the situation...
Last I checked, humans are not frogs.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:47 PM

20 posts, read 38,612 times
^ was an example of species not going exticnt over something as simple as same-gender sex. stop pointing out the little thing and start paying attention...oh i forgot you think fox news rules...

Old 05-19-2008, 03:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,473,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
Since when did humans decide that everything in their life can be controlled? Since when did we decide that we are not creatures of nature, on the same level as animals? We ARE animals. The only difference is we are the most intelligent species and we are a civilized species for the most part. Homosexuality between 2 consenting adults harms nobody.

Its funny how gay-haters ALWAYS (without fail) try to compare homosexuality to some discusting and disturbing crime such as eating other people. My short answer is NO, eating people is not normal. Hope you think so to.
Humans are part of the animal kingdom, but we are NOT on the same level as animals of other species. Humans are primates. Humans are in the animal "Kingdom" of taxonomy. If you're not a bug, or a germ, you're an animal on earth.

You are not as a tiger, or a bear, or dog, or long necked crane, you are homo-sapien. Never forget that.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:48 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,146,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The question was is homosexuality destructive?
That is the question I answered in my post.

To reiterate, I pointed out that there are more people having sex with the opposite sex than same sex, so those who are not reproducing are not doing any harm, as plenty of other people are taking care of the reproducing. That's if you think it's important to continue the human race. Homosexuals who are not having children are neither helping nor hurting that cause.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:49 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,075,367 times
I don't see any reason to expect fewer children in homosexual families than straight ones. People who want kids have them. I also don't see any harm in a homosexual unions. Destructive of what, besides the peace of mind some people feel entitled to?

Old 05-19-2008, 03:53 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,510,121 times
what is destructive is not sex. what is destructive is sport sex.
dangerous too.
if you can get past the hostility towards religion you can see there are many practical elements that promote safety and stability in religion, at its best, religion teaches how to succeed. TV and hollywood teach how to fail.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,473,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
That is the question I answered in my post.

To reiterate, I pointed out that there are more people having sex with the opposite sex than same sex, so those who are not reproducing are not doing any harm, as plenty of other people are taking care of the reproducing. That's if you think it's important to continue the human race. Homosexuals who are not having children are neither helping nor hurting that cause.
So, homosexuality is neither productive nor counterproductive.

Is homosexuality a state of sexual neutrality and stagnation removing the socio-emotional relationship component out of it. Speaking soley on the basis of creation versus stagnation.

If in nature, there must be in balance, female and male, positive balanced by negative. What is the balancing nature of masculine with masculine, or feminine with feminine?

How is this concept reconciled in homosexuality?

Is it reconciled in homosexuality by one side assuming the feminine and the other remaining masculine to achieve an artificial balance in males, and in females one remaining feminine while the other adopts an artificially masculine persona?

Last edited by LuckyGem; 05-19-2008 at 04:08 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 03:54 PM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterrabbit View Post
^ was an example of species not going exticnt over something as simple as same-gender sex. stop pointing out the little thing and start paying attention...
Which has nothing to do with humans and traditional marriage.

Quote:
oh i forgot you think fox news rules
Off toipc, but yes, compared to the other obviously left-leaning stations like NBC and CNN, yes I do think Fox News rules.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
what is destructive is not sex. what is destructive is sport sex.
dangerous too.
Sport sex??? I assume you mean having sex for reason other than procreating. Now that is just funny...if this is what you mean, are you saying that others should not have sex outside of strictly just to have children? Do you have sex just for the hell of it, w/out any intention of producing babies? If so, what's your point w/this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies