Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 03:56 PM

20 posts, read 38,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Which has nothing to do with humans and traditional marriage.
^by traditional marriage you mean the one your bible claims true....no bible beaters as requested by the OP please...sheesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 04:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So, homosexuality is neither productive nor counterproductive.

Is homosexuality a state of sexual neutrality and stagnation removing the socio-emotional relationship component out of it. Speaking soley on the basis of creation versus stagnation.

If in nature, there must be in balance, female and male, positive balanced by negative. What is the balancing nature of masculine with masculine, or feminine with feminine?

How is this concept reconciled in homosexuality?

Is it reconciled in homosexuality by one side assuming the feminine and the other remaining masculine to achieve an artificial balance in males, and in females one remaining feminine while the other adopts an artificially masculine persona?

and the purpose of humanity is to procreate? is that what heterosexuals do? lets screw until no tomorrow! Balance is a great thing and there are gays as well as straights who are sexually moral. Don't get it twisted.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:16 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,141,526 times
Quote:
So, homosexuality is neither productive nor counterproductive.
If you're talking about propagation of the species and if you're talking about homosexual couples who are not producing children. Two big ifs.

Quote:
Is homosexuality a state of sexual neutrality and stagnation removing the socio-emotional relationship component out of it. Speaking soley on the basis of creation versus stagnation.
I suppose so, save for the homosexual couples who have children.

Quote:
If in nature, there must be in balance, female and male, positive balanced by negative. What is the balancing nature of masculine with masculine, or feminine with feminine?

How is this concept reconciled in homosexuality?
I don't know and never cared. It was never a concern of mine and I don't see why it should be. The kind of "balance" you speak of is not a necessity, as far as I can see.

Quote:
Is it reconciled in homosexuality by one side assuming the feminine and the other remaining masculine to achieve an artificial balance in males, and in females one remaining feminine while the other adopts an artificially masculine persona?
Again, I don't see why that's necessary. Also, I've seen quite a few homosexual relationships that don't fit that description.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
and the purpose of humanity is to procreate? is that what heterosexuals do? lets screw until no tomorrow! Balance is a great thing and there are gays as well as straights who are sexually moral. Don't get it twisted.
Quite frankly, you wouldn't be here if humanity hadn't been procreating for thousands of years. And if you're gay, thousands of years of your ancestors mating with the opposite sex ends with you. (modern science and test tube baby intervention aside).

If you were born in an age without modern science being able to manipulate conception, and if you thought about your mortality and how thousands of years of genetic information through your family being handed down through the centuries ends with you because you are homosexual. How would that make you feel?

This thread has nothing to do with sexual morality nor religion.

Don't YOU get it twisted.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 05-19-2008 at 04:29 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 04:31 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
This thread has nothing to do with sexual morality nor religion.

Don't YOU get it twisted.
Lucky sorry you are addressing the physical aspect of homosexuality. It doesn't serve any purpose.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:39 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Sport sex??? I assume you mean having sex for reason other than procreating. Now that is just funny...if this is what you mean, are you saying that others should not have sex outside of strictly just to have children? Do you have sex just for the hell of it, w/out any intention of producing babies? If so, what's your point w/this?
Remember 'spilling your seed' is also a sin. I wonder what percentage of straight guys have repented from that?

Old 05-19-2008, 04:50 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,096,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
People have been making this argument (about overpopulation) for several hundred years now.

Why is the world overpopulated? People are getting by no worse than before (and generally better). There's actually evidence to suggest that the world's population may start to level off in several generations as most of the world becomes more urbanized.

As for homosexuality, I fail to see anything destructive about it.

Not sure if anyone hit on this in the other 3 pages because I haven't read them yet, but I think every esteemed scientist of anthropology would agree that the earth is overpopulated. I'm not sure how someone would deny this as we contemplate the current conditions of smog, human-induced climate-change unless they were of the opinion that they were simply leftist liberal ideas and were entirely bogus. (Then you must argue against starvation, poverty, water-shortages, and the combing out of hunted species)

There isn't an anthropologist on this planet that will tell you that the earth was built to house 6-7 billion humans. I have talked to many a biologist who would set the number to be anywhere between 1 million and 1 billion people. No one could ever agree on a number, but one thing is for sure: it sure as hell isn't 6-7 billion.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Remember 'spilling your seed' is also a sin. I wonder what percentage of straight guys have repented from that?
What? I have no idea what you mean by this.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Hey MasterRabbit, I'm just curious as to why you put this "^" in front of your posts. But thank you for your posts, great minds think alike!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:16 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
I am confused.........if the argument being presented is that since homosexuality (with no medical interference) results in no children, it therefore proves it is wrong in the natural order of things?

What kind of an argument is that?! Good God people, how many heteros either cannot have children or choose not to have children? Who do you suppose all those women are who are taking the birth control pill? My guess would be ---not the lesbians. And what about Catholic priests and nuns who take vows of celibacy? Are they somehow genetic wastes of space because they are not contributing to the gene pool? How about me? I can no longer carry a baby to term......do I no longer have a reason to be married? Exist?

Your logic is beyond flawed. Homosexuality presents no risk to society or the collective gene pool. Now, if 100% of the human population were gay .........the desire to have children would still exist, and even without IVF and egg donors there would still be gay couples with access to turkey basters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies