Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 06:47 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It looks like the democrats are intentionally supporting a moron.

With the intention of losing.

Why?

Remember, Hilary called half the country deplorable. That is not a tactic to use if you are trying to WIN OVER votes. You don't insult people that you are trying to get to vote for you. You kiss their voting butts to ensure you win. Then you insult them after you have won.

It's. Theatre. Staged. Intentional.

There are few people who dislike Hillary more than I do, but she didn't do that.

Hillary called half of Trump supporters deplorables, not half the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2022, 06:48 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,230,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How about anyone who compares an American to Hitler for any reason is banned from politics for life?
No. I am a strong opponent to comparisons with Hitler (the comparison that started this thread is but an example). But I also support free speech. I don't agree (at all) with people comparing politicians to Hitler (unless under very extreme circumstances as noted) - that is my opinion. People should be free to make the comparison - as I should be free to criticize them for it.

Old 01-16-2022, 06:51 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,391,992 times
Quote:
DeSantis challenger likens FLA Governor to Hitler
I'm surprised she thinks so highly of Hitler.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:01 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
No. I am a strong opponent to comparisons with Hitler (the comparison that started this thread is but an example). But I also support free speech. I don't agree (at all) with people comparing politicians to Hitler (unless under very extreme circumstances as noted) - that is my opinion. People should be free to make the comparison - as I should be free to criticize them for it.
It’s stupid because we have a senate and a congress and a Supreme Court and none of the shenanigans that Hitler pulled would fly here. It’s just stupid.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,454,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
There are few people who dislike Hillary more than I do, but she didn't do that.

Hillary called half of Trump supporters deplorables, not half the country.
I was offended when she said this, but it turns out she was right.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:49 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,604,280 times
the state of Florida is not the Wiemar republic so its a moot point

Old 01-16-2022, 08:53 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,604,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s stupid because we have a senate and a congress and a Supreme Court and none of the shenanigans that Hitler pulled would fly here. It’s just stupid.

the genius kurt goedel told his friend he found a loophole allowing a dictatorial takeover before taking his citizenship test, the friend advised him to keep that quite

Old 01-16-2022, 08:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,246,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It looks like the democrats are intentionally supporting a moron.

With the intention of losing.

Why?

Remember, Hilary called half the country deplorable. That is not a tactic to use if you are trying to WIN OVER votes. You don't insult people that you are trying to get to vote for you. You kiss their voting butts to ensure you win. Then you insult them after you have won.

It's. Theatre. Staged. Intentional.
Bingo…and I’d wager she rues the day she ever used the word Deplorables. Funny how the goosechase started so soon after poor Hillary lost.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:56 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,251,678 times
Is there some sort of lunatic school Democratic candidates are required to attend?

Old 01-16-2022, 09:23 PM

1,744 posts, read 961,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Geez, first the Florida Democrat party trots "family man" Andrew Gillum out there to run for governor (later caught in drug infused romp w/ an overdosed male hooker), and now this deranged piece of work:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flo...ompares-hitler

How the heck did this turnip-for-brains lady get elected Agriculture Secretary in Florida anyways?

Why can't Florida's Democrat party find any decent candidates to run against DeSantis?

After this bizarre interview, I guess it's now Charlie Crist's job to take down DeSantis...unless Charlie changes parties again, and decides to run against DeSantis in the Republican Primary

https://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation...gop-msna323461

Crist changed parties because he was going to lose to Marco Rubio on the Republican side of the ballot, so he conveniently switched sides:

https://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation...gop-msna323461

Charlie's closest associates have an odd way of winding up in prison:

https://www.tampabay.com/heres-the-c...crist/2201176/
There are probably hundreds if not thousands of Holocaust survivors that live in Florida. This is a total slap in the face to everyone who was a victim of the Nazis. I automatically lose all respect for anyone who compares a political opponent to Hitler. If she were correct, and DeSantis similar to Hitler, then I guess Hitler wasn’t so bad after all, since DeSantis is clearly no genocidal monster. Comments like hers diminish the crimes and evil acts perpetrated by the real Nazis. Shame on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies