Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 01:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Not only did he fail, he is actually making things worse, he is further dividing the country by caving to extremists. Bringing the country back together again does not mean we all want to cave into the far-left, who many of us independents and moderate think are insane. Not to mention racist and self destructive.
How can he bring together a nation when what 50, 60, 70 precent of the other part thinks he stole the election? Hello, McFly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Low poll numbers are because of inflation, the economy, gas prices, the illegal drugs and immigrants flooding the southern border, vaccine mandate. (although illegals coming in are not vetted nor vaccinated), high crime and liberal DA's letting criminals back into society, homeless and mentally ill that were taken out of hospitals and facilities and allowed to make their own way in the world, being in bed with the teacher's union, windmills and electric cars, which are not recyclable, ....gosh the list goes on and on.

Simpler answer would be because he and Harris have done nothing but destroy the American way of life.
How exactly would Trump not have the problems you are claiming are Biden's? I argue whichever we elected President in 2020, we would be screwed under.

Old 01-23-2022, 03:05 PM

10,485 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Maybe part of it. He promised to bring the country back together and he failed. All customer goods have sky rocketed, he failed. He left Americans to die in a terrorist state and allowed our troops to die, he failed. Shall I go on. Democrats face it he is a failure.
Out of all the democrat candidates, I have to ask, why Joe Biden? Did people think that Obama would be the ones pulling the strings? They had Bernie Sanders who manages to keep his state working pretty good. Pete Buttigieg wasn't too bad and Amy Klobucher had promise. But they decide on Biden? Or, were the primaries rigged as well as the main election? Make sure to get that puppet in one way or another,

Old 01-23-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Out of all the democrat candidates, I have to ask, why Joe Biden? Did people think that Obama would be the ones pulling the strings? They had Bernie Sanders who manages to keep his state working pretty good. Pete Buttigieg wasn't too bad and Amy Klobucher had promise. But they decide on Biden? Or, were the primaries rigged as well as the main election? Make sure to get that puppet in one way or another,
Sanders wasn't what the Democratic primary voters wanted. He had the best solutions to problems but primary voters were gun shy on voting for him. As for the rest of the Democrats was many of them that different than Biden? I think that was the problem, Biden was the most known so he got more mainstream Democrats to vote for him with wide-open primaries.

Old 01-23-2022, 03:15 PM

25,770 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
The DNC made all the rest of the Dem candidates financial offers they could not refuse. Cushy high paying jobs todo almost nothing, versus a 1 in 6 chance of winning it all. They all took the Bird in the hand.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:19 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
What does Bernie Sanders have to do with keeping his state running? He’s a senator, not the governor.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:08 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The DNC made all the rest of the Dem candidates financial offers they could not refuse. Cushy high paying jobs todo almost nothing, versus a 1 in 6 chance of winning it all. They all took the Bird in the hand.
Don`t forget about the Jewish space lasers starting the wildfires. That makes as much sense as this goofiness.

Old 01-24-2022, 06:37 AM

25,770 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
How exactly would Trump not have the problems you are claiming are Biden's? I argue whichever we elected President in 2020, we would be screwed under.
The answer to your query would be hypothetical, so is impossible to prove.

However, I reject your premise that any/all Presidents, given 1 yr. in office, would have us exactly where Biden has us right now.

I believe President's can alter events & outcomes, & the psychological mindset of our citizens.

If you believe in polling, the mindset of most Americans right now is very negative, & lacks optimism for our collective futures. ~33% think everything's just fine right now...if polls are accurate.

I believe some percentage of that negativity, is due to poor leadership by those now in control of the House of Representatives, a stalemated Senate, & the Executive branch; including the President & his advisors.

I don't think anyone would argue that any Republican President would have:

-better control of our Southern border.

-been more supportive of domestic energy production.

-exited Afghanistan in a more orderly fashion than Biden did.

-been wasting so much time on trying to stack the courts, taking election control from the states, & trying to spend $3.5 Trillion more borrowed money than we already have. ("build back better")

Old 01-24-2022, 08:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The answer to your query would be hypothetical, so is impossible to prove.

However, I reject your premise that any/all Presidents, given 1 yr. in office, would have us exactly where Biden has us right now.

I believe President's can alter events & outcomes, & the psychological mindset of our citizens.

If you believe in polling, the mindset of most Americans right now is very negative, & lacks optimism for our collective futures. ~33% think everything's just fine right now...if polls are accurate.

I believe some percentage of that negativity, is due to poor leadership by those now in control of the House of Representatives, a stalemated Senate, & the Executive branch; including the President & his advisors.

I don't think anyone would argue that any Republican President would have:

-better control of our Southern border.

-been more supportive of domestic energy production.

-exited Afghanistan in a more orderly fashion than Biden did.

-been wasting so much time on trying to stack the courts, taking election control from the states, & trying to spend $3.5 Trillion more borrowed money than we already have. ("build back better")
We spent $6.4 Trillion on Mideast wars since 2001 but we can`t spend half of that on our own country? Every armchair general in America knew a better way to exit Afghanistan. A few generals, looking for job security wanted to leave a couple thousand soldiers (targets) in Afghanistan. Marines were doing a dangerous job in a dangerous place and were killed. Marines have been killed before. OPEC controls the price of oil. If we drilled more, it would cost the same as the oil we import.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:19 AM

1,702 posts, read 784,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Did he say that George Washington controlled the airports at Valley Forge and the Kansas City Chiefs play in Kansas? He gave the twice impeached one 2 thrashings in the debates and Mr. "find me 11,000 votes" refused to show for his third beat down. Yo Semite!
Trump is NOT President. You know that, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies