Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 12:10 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Our prison are just fine…. If you have a problem with prison, don’t do stuff that will get you sent there.

This guy is an animal that needs to be put down, with equal or greater violence.

I feel zero pity for this criminal and only wish that Asian gang members, in jail/prison, targets him for death since that will only be way that real justice will be served.

As for politics being brought up, it should since it’s clearly the Democrats who are soft on crime and would rather see our police locked up, in prison, since they think that cops are the real problem in America today. And yes, violent crimes do happen in Republican controlled cities, but not nearly as high as in Democrat cities. Also, in Republican controlled cities, you are more likely to be locked up in jail or prison so you can’t hurt innocent people

I’m still waiting for BLM to come out and condemn this horrible attack on an elderly Asian woman, but we all know that there is no money in that, plus if the police would have shot this criminal, to save the life of this woman, BLM would be burning down Yonkers and shaking down businesses for “protection”money.
While I agree with "if you do the crime, you do the time", you cannot deny that alot of American prisons are extremely horrible places to be. Look up Parchman Prison in Mississippi.

While I agree that he needs to be put down, prison or even the threat of death isn't as effective of a DETERRENT (and Deterrence and Prevention are the things I strive for) as some people like to think. Me personally, being dead is less scary than going to prison, considering the levels of violence that go on in prison (and I value life).

There are very few Asian gangs across American prisons. He won't get any of that prison justice. There are very few Asians in prison, period.

Statistics:
https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics...nmate_race.jsp

There are 2,235 Asian inmates in America's prisons. There are 58,799 Black inmates in America's prisons. Asians are underrepresented in prison relative to their representation in America's population. Blacks are 13% the U.S. population, but 35% of the U.S. prison population

In New York, where Blacks are 15% of the total population, Blacks are about 50% of New York's prison population. Asians are about 1.8% of New York's prison population, while 9% of New York's population at large. In Yonkers, Blacks are 19% of the population while Asians are 7% of Yonkers' population. That thug won't see any prison justice, as he'll have other Black inmates to clique up with. If this crime happened in Hawaii or Washington state (where Asians outnumber Blacks), he might get that prison justice.

I don't expect BLM to do anything. BLM is about police brutality. While Democrats might be soft on crime, this is how I see things. I am for both punishment AND deterrence. And neither party seems very good at deterrence. Republicans will punish criminals. However, alot of thugs don't care what the consequences are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 12:13 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't expect BLM to do anything. BLM is about police brutality. While Democrats might be soft on crime, this is how I see things. I am for both punishment AND deterrence. And neither party seems very good at deterrence. Republicans will punish criminals. However, alot of thugs don't care what the consequences are.
BLM was about telling lies and getting paid.

This was the beginning:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2014/0...-shooting.kmov

Staggering how easily the lies tumbled out of his mouth.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantcookies View Post
Lock him up and throw away the key
He should be punished severely. And even if that happens, I think he'll do it again.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:26 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
BLM was about telling lies and getting paid.

This was the beginning:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2014/0...-shooting.kmov

Staggering how easily the lies tumbled out of his mouth.
And many Leftist willingly believed the lies, just like the Covington High students. And many backed up Browns friend up because he was black. And who does the catch and release violent criminals adversely affect the most, innocent black people, and apparently Asian people

Old 03-18-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
From some of your other posts I've read, this surprises me. Be safe out there doing your thing. Stay vigilant.
I'm trying to hustle. I figure a side hustle would, in addition to my regular full time job, means more money. I'd like to rebuild my portfolio. I'm vigilant. I've been a crime victim before. I make sure to keep a gun with me while doing Door Dash.

How would my post surprise you?

Last edited by green_mariner; 03-18-2022 at 12:59 PM..

Old 03-18-2022, 01:01 PM

This happened in San Diego last year.
Elderly Filipino Woman Punched in Unprovoked Attack on San Diego Trolley

These attacks seem to take place in 2 particular states: New York and California.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:06 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
To be honest, Black people, relative to other groups, have never had many allies. Black people didn't even choose to come to this country. They were dragged here by force as slaves.

While there are examples of Black people attack immigrants( particularly in the 1970s and onward), there are examples of Black people being attacked by immigrants. In Cincinnati, there were several race riots against Blacks during the first half of the 19th century. Some of them, Irish immigrants participated in trying to drive Blacks out of Cincinnati. A race riot in Newburgh, New York. Arab immigrants at a brickyard attacked Black workers at that same brickyard. A labor riot among racial lines. Many immigrants came to America, found themselves looked down on. However, wherever there were Blacks, that provided a group some immigrants could look down on.

Black people have always been looked down on and were the unwanted ones in America. Black people didn't even choose to come to America. The way I see it, things were always bad for Black Americans, as Black Americans were always treated badly. I think within the Black UNDERCLASS, that particular portion of the Black population had the least to hope for, and the least to lose. They were the ones most likely to seek revenge. The attitude has been "we don't have any allies anyway, so who cares"? People like me, who have nothing to do with the violence, have to worry about how people will perceive us, as we have something to lose.

The underclass may know that said behavior will result in no allies. However, looking at this from a perspective of American history, the attitude is often "we never had any allies anyway, so whatever". Those outside of the underclass will at least try to make those alliances. The underclass lost all hope a long time go. This is why the only people who could reach them are the Malcolm X/Black Panther types.
Using ancient discrimination to justify modern discrimination doesn't represent equity. We are unable to go back in time to stop ancient discrimination but for it to be happening today is incomprehensible. Black people from all walks of life have heard the stories of past racism. Why would any of them choose to perpetuate it?

Getting even with someone who did you no harm? How does that make you vindicated?

We all know black people were brought here by force. The fact that descendants of all of the ones who weren't brought here are now desperately trying to join us indicates that life for blacks here has improved exponentially.

Yet many recent black immigrants loudly proclaim discrimination they "believe" they suffer here. If you are unhappy, go home! Easy peasy!

Old 03-18-2022, 01:10 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,531,820 times
Quote:

I think the vibe is that of "these immigrants come here with very little English, and now they own every business in our neighborhood. They're doing better than we ever could. They stick to themselves and won't have anything to do with us".
Better yet, they should see what attributes make Asians in American successful. Then apply those characteristics to their own lives. Making education a household priority would go a long way to solving a lot of the ills of the lower class in the US. But that effort takes work. Thus the lazy label.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:18 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,531,820 times
Quote:
I make sure to keep a gun with me while doing Door Dash.

How would my post surprise you?
From a few of your posts I've read, I didn't consider you as the gun carrying type. But good for you realizing that your personal safety is paramount.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:11 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
In the news today: Retired Asian police officer killed by 3 black men.

One was arrested Wednesday (two days ago), another was in jail on an unrelated charge, one still on the loose.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

Truly awful. A retired veteran officer working as security for a news team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies