Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2022, 07:02 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The year I was talking about was 2016, there were 85 murders in Orlando (including the shooting at Pulse) and 200 total in Central Florida, not 600, sorry. Yonkers has only 4 to 6 murders every year. I used to live in Orlando and 5 of my co-workers were related to victims murdered in Orlando. Additionally Orlando was the number one city of attacks on women when I lived there and I saw a guy shooting a gun in a gas station, I moved out shortly after.

Hopefully crime is less now, Orlando is a beautiful area to live if you can take the heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 08:02 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
As a rule, news organs don't mention the race of an offender unless it is intrinsic to the story. This is a previous story from Yonkers:Attachment 235559
New York Age, 3-11-1936
The media loves it when an offender is white and often tries to turn it into a racial white supremacy attack. Happened again during a recent white on white attack.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:33 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,866,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Do you know if he voted at all?
The man supposedly got 400 million votes somehow

Old 03-15-2022, 08:34 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
/ignore

It'd be nice if C-D could scrub quotes in other people's posts by those on your ignore list
Platforms do not allow for that, at least not the ones I have on my forums.

However, I do not understand why someone even needs an ignore list. If you do not value what they say, just ignore it after you see the forum ID name.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:37 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
The year I was talking about was 2016, there were 85 murders in Orlando (including the shooting at Pulse) and 200 total in Central Florida, not 600, sorry. Yonkers has only 4 to 6 murders every year. I used to live in Orlando and 5 of my co-workers were related to victims murdered in Orlando. Additionally Orlando was the number one city of attacks on women when I lived there and I saw a guy shooting a gun in a gas station, I moved out shortly after.

Hopefully crime is less now, Orlando is a beautiful area to live if you can take the heat.

84 murders of which the majority were a terrorist attack is a far cry from the 600 you claimed.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:39 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Do you know if he voted at all?
No one will really know but we can make educated guesses base on demographics and their voting patterns.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:41 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
this is clearly the fault of Trumpism and covid misinformation which is whybwe see Asian hate on the rise. that is what the media said only a year ago.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:44 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
2nd reply.

This thug in Texas, he's on death row. Listen to this video. He literally had no regard for the families of the victims. He went to Garland to rob someone because "goes where the rich white folks are at". He committed two murders. He literally asked for the death penalty, saying that if he got life, he would kill someone else. That guy had alot of anger and literally just gave up on life. He didn't value life at all, and didn't care if he lived or died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u85s3twjRs&t=27s
He likely does not believe in God, so if someone no longer wants to live, why not off himself. Thereby ending his miserable life, and insuring he will not be taking another.

Quote:
The closest thing we could do is re-open Alcatraz.
I don't think the poster you responded to was fearful of escape, rather cost. Since we offshore manufactured goods at pennies on the dollar, they were likely thinking a 3rd world country could keep them locked up at a much lower cost per inmate.

I suspect the fear would be the potentially inhumane way some countries might treat them (i.e. China). However for the worst of the worst, like the scumbag you linked, they probably should.
I just wish we would send all the illegal alien criminals in our prisons, back to their home countries to serve out their sentences.
There is no logical reason to keep them here.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:50 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,192,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Remember, this assault took place in the worst section of the city that most residents avoid, (my teenage niece was assaulted in the same section years ago), I guess that woman couldn't afford to live in a better area.
The reports just said 'southwest Yonkers'. That takes in a lot of area. There are scattered bad sections of Yonkers where I would be careful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Democrat hate machine spurs on another Asian hate crime, there seems to be no end to the hate and violence Democrats crave and commit.
OK, show me some verification of that statement. Its not Democrats who have been talking about the 'Kung flu'.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:59 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,706 times
I already knew the racial background of the suspect before even clicking on the news video.
Diversity is not always a strength.

I welcome Asian people to America, but Africans (blacks) need to stay in Africa, they're just way too violent. Their high rates of violence clearly show that there is a genetic component to their violence, it's not just because of "circumstances" or whatever excuses liberals make up to explain away their violent behavior.

Some may say my comment is racist, but I don't care. I value peace and safety over tolerating the high levels of violence of a particular racial group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies