Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 01:26 PM

39,892 posts, read 26,570,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
This isn't equity. This is equality. This is why equity is what we should strive for in schools. Equality treats them all the same whereas equity addresses the various needs so that everyone can achieve their best.
You have the terminology backwards. Equity is about equal outcomes, not treating people equally. Not about achieving there best, but about ensuring everyone's outcome is no better than the lowest, least competent, laziest person. It's like the Democrats economic plan of trickle-up poverty. They don't want to help the poorest in society achieve more-they want to tear the hard working and successful people down to the level of the lowest in society.

It's an incredibly destructive, short-sighted move. We need leaders in our future-political, technological, manufacturing, medicine, etc. Instead of teaching the best and brightest to be able to fulfil those needs, we are stunting their intellectual growth, and ensure that they contribute no more to society than your lowest janitor or DEI hire (and at least the janitor contributes something to society). They are ensuring their own destruction and that of society.

This is beyond Communism, "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs". This is a deliberate destruction of ability. Which is the ultimate end of Communism as well...but they aren't always smart enough to recognize it. The people destroying our education industry and crippling our children's minds, do.

But it's import to remember that this deliberate, and what they are trying to accomplish. You have to accept that the damage done to this nation is deliberate, not simple incompetence. No one, not even Joe Biden and the Democrat party is this incompetent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2023, 03:22 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,398,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I sometimes wonder if school boards have become like an HOA board. In some HOA boards it seems those who seek out these positions do so with an agenda and not always for the benefit of the community.
You should take this insight and apply it to legislators, judges, Presidents, governors, mayors, city councillors, and bureaucrats. The same is true for most of them.

Old 10-15-2023, 04:03 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,214,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
No.

The problem is different people have different definitions.

As a teacher I sit in on this BS and people will outright say "it is not equitable that more whites make advanced classes than blacks or Hispanics." Never any word that technically whites are underrepresented due to Asian success.

Then the teachers start talking about what they can do to promote equity in that regard or in other words get equal outcomes by race.

We had a diversity and inclusion training that literally taught us equality is bad and equity is good. Equality was shown as having unequal outcomes by race and equity had equal outcomes by race.
Why are Liberals so focused on RACE? It's not the color of a child's skin that determines their future success in life, it's their parents' culture that's the problem!! Asians and Jewish kids succeed in academics because their parents care and make them do their homework properly. If the grades aren't there, then there's no playtime.

I am an American born Chinese woman, and growing up, it mattered a lot that we did well in school. In fact, many times my mother told me that "my job as her child was to go to school and do it well. And if I goofed off, then I was to get a job and pay her rent." Meanwhile, I worked in the hospitality industry in Boston for many years, and what I saw was that black and Hispanic coworkers didn't care about their children doing well in school. Success for them was someone doing well in professional sports or in music. Other than that, getting a union job or if not, then acquiring a Section 8 voucher and only working enough to not lose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies