Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 06:29 PM

14,958 posts, read 12,170,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I'm all for helping Ukraine fight off Russian aggression 40 billion? How is it we always have money to send abroad but when it comes to America oh the government is broke we have huge deficits ridicules!

Why pay taxes if the government can just print unlimited amounts of money? We've done our part let Europe foot the rest of the bill it concerns them more than us.

We don't even have enough baby formula to supply mothers we are looking like a third world country.
And you have to wonder how much of that 40 billion will actually get to the Ukraine, and how much of it is earmarked for other items Congress doesn't want the American people to know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 06:38 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
We spend what? 800 billion or so a year on our military? If we can focus on countering China instead of Russia or china its to our long term benefit.

It would be cheap at 10X the cost.

Old 05-11-2022, 06:42 PM
bu2

24,115 posts, read 14,909,092 times
https://www.reuters.com/world/us-hou...si-2022-05-10/
First of all, its not all military aid:

"...The package includes $6 billion for security assistance, including training, equipment, weapons and support; $8.7 billion to replenish stocks of U.S. equipment sent to Ukraine, and $3.9 billion for European Command operations.

In addition, the legislation authorizes a further $11 billion in Presidential Drawdown Authority, which allows the president to authorize the transfer of articles and services from U.S. stocks without congressional approval in response to an emergency. Biden had asked for $5 billion.

It also authorizes $4 billion in Foreign Military Financing to provide support for Ukraine and other countries affected by the crisis.

The United States has rushed more than $3.5 billion worth of armaments to Ukraine since Russia invaded, including howitzers, anti-aircraft Stinger systems, anti-tank Javelin missiles, ammunition and recently-disclosed "Ghost" drones. read more

The new aid package also includes humanitarian assistance - $5 billion to address food insecurity globally due to the conflict and nearly $9 billion for an economic support fund for Ukraine...."

I'm sure there is a kickback for the Big Guy in there somewhere too.

Old 05-11-2022, 06:46 PM

6,107 posts, read 2,732,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenDingagraham View Post
To be fair, our money going into military spending instead of families is an American tradition.
China killed a million of us by unleashing a deadly virus they are a bigger threat than Putin will ever be.

Old 05-11-2022, 07:27 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,318,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
How much did we spend on Iraq and Afghanistan? How many American lives were lost? Are you upset about that too?
If you were (are?) upset about spending money on Iraq and Afghanistan but not about this, are you not also inconsistent?

Old 05-11-2022, 07:55 PM

17,441 posts, read 14,675,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
They are not getting money. We are sending them equipment and ammunition. They are using it against the Russian army.

Yes they are.

We're paying their governmental salaries and pensions and on and on ...

You can't be this naive in real life ... right?

Old 05-11-2022, 07:56 PM

17,441 posts, read 14,675,944 times
I almost forgot ...

... and 10% for the big guy.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:08 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,761,572 times
Quote:
China killed a million of us by unleashing a deadly virus they are a bigger threat than Putin will ever be.
I thought COVID was fake hoax. I can't keep up these days.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:22 PM

7,156 posts, read 4,746,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I thought COVID was fake hoax. I can't keep up these days.
Nobody said Covid was a “fake hoax.”
They said the response to Covid was a fake hoax and they were right.
Do try to keep up.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:24 PM

35,734 posts, read 21,087,398 times
Quote:
I'm all for helping Ukraine fight off Russian aggression 40 billion? How is it we always have money to send abroad but when it comes to America oh the government is broke we have huge deficits ridicules!

Why pay taxes if the government can just print unlimited amounts of money? We've done our part let Europe foot the rest of the bill it concerns them more than us.

We don't even have enough baby formula to supply mothers we are looking like a third world country.
I told you we had money, and how easy the Congress comes together when they want to. Mostly for war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies