Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 08:37 PM

13,623 posts, read 4,940,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
We can afford as much as the can print.... that's not really the issue.

The issue is it's none of our business, and we have plenty of problems here we should be working on - rather than trying to cover up Biden's corruption over in the Ukraine -- because that's what this is really all about.
No. Putin wants to restore the Soviet Union, or maybe the Russian empire. That’s what this is all about. After we finally won the Cold War, you want to roll the clock back to those days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 08:51 PM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
40BIl of aid for the Ukrainians to keep testing our equipment.

Nay ADVERTISING our equipment.

1 bil = roughly 6,000 javelins or about 5,000 destroyed Russian tanks, APC's etc.

I think a lot of countries around the world are taking note that the Russians are about a generation behind in terms of most of their military.

Some of their stuff is really good, just hampered by their military structure or the overall integration. I have a lot of admiration for some of the qualities of Russian people but they've been done a disservice of leadership for centuries.

I think the average Russian is great, the average Russian leader is a murderous, corrupt, incompetent arse.

P.S. I've said on this forum numerous times that the best form of govt. is *for a time* a benevolent dictatorship. Someone highly competent with love of country, in other words the "good king". The problem however, is that then the king gets a little crazy or has a son that is crazy etc. then the same mechanisms that focused the power into the hands of competency focuses the power into the hands of idiocy.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:52 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,318,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
No. Putin wants to restore the Soviet Union, or maybe the Russian empire. That’s what this is all about. After we finally won the Cold War, you want to roll the clock back to those days?
Did you want the commies to take over Vietnam, or for Sadam to keep sitting on his weapons of mass destruction?

It's so random, the causes that left-wing people decide to take on. Now they're defending tens of billions of dollars in war spending for a country on the other side of the globe. Who thought we would ever see the day?

Old 05-11-2022, 08:53 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Agreed. Like you, my heart goes out to the people in Ukraine and I think putin is a modern day Hitler. However, 40 billion is something we cannot afford and this is getting ridiculous
We are basically funding their war. Just no boots on the ground. No different than Iraq...someone else is just doing the fighting at our expense.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:03 PM

13,483 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

When are you enlisting keyboard warrior? Have Congress that hasn't done it since WW 2 declare war with Russia to see if the people are for it and let the people debate it and vote?

NATO expanded from 16 countries during the Cold War to 30 countries today and the U.S. has the military in over 200 counties but you feel a threat because Russia took part of Ukraine?

What's the threat? These are the same geniuses that got us into Vietnam mess and the Iraq war and the Afghanistan debacles and are ignoring real Americans in the U.S.

Anybody that puts Ukraine over the American people is garbage and shouldn't be in government.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Did you want the commies to take over Vietnam, or for Sadam to keep sitting on his weapons of mass destruction?

It's so random, the causes that left-wing people decide to take on. Now they're defending tens of billions of dollars in war spending for a country on the other side of the globe. Who thought we would ever see the day?
They are spineless. Tucker hit in on the nail (again) today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhDfMfV7Zf0

Old 05-11-2022, 09:30 PM

13,214 posts, read 21,842,161 times
LOL, Tucker Carlson would be screaming bloody murder if we weren't giving Ukraine military aid, and you damn well know it. He will criticize any and everything Biden does. He's an actor and a pro-Putin traitor to this country.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
LOL, Tucker Carlson would be screaming bloody murder if we weren't giving Ukraine military aid, and you damn well know it. He will criticize any and everything Biden does. He's an actor and a pro-Putin traitor to this country.
If you bother to look at the video he goes after Republicans also. I hope the DNC is paying you well to be a political hack. It would suck if you do it for free. I hope you really enlist keyboard warrior and are not just talk.

So putting Americans first is being a pro-Putin traitor? You can't make this up.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:47 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
If you bother to look at the video he goes after Republicans also. I hope the DNC is paying you well to be a political hack. It would suck if you do it for free. I hope you really enlist keyboard warrior and are not just talk.

So putting Americans first is being a pro-Putin traitor? You can't make this up.
Please. The guy is being featured on russian TV. Hes just funneling russian disinfo in.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:58 PM

13,214 posts, read 21,842,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post

Nice spew of insults there! That's what a person does who's got nothing. Note that I said nothing about Republicans, only Carlson. Apparently reading comprehension is above your pay grade.

Carlson is well known for being a puppet of Putin, just like your dear Trump was.

Putin’s Goons Say Tucker Carlson Is Must-See TV

Fox News Stays Silent as Putin Turns Tucker Carlson Into Propaganda Pawn

Except for Tucker Carlson, the conservative media has largely cast a critical eye toward Russian aggression
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies