Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Democrats repeal the 2nd Amendment if they could?
Yes 132 81.48%
No 30 18.52%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 04:13 PM

2,341 posts, read 850,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
There are background checks in texas.

Illinois laws serve as a datapoint for determining the effectiveness of those laws.

Abbott is anything but "nonchalant."

Wake up.
I doubt there are background checks and whose to say that background checks in Illinois should serve as a yardstick to not passing them in Texas? How effective they are obviously depends to the extent on how each individual State implements them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 04:13 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Your post really ignores that the 2nd amendment is why the Fed Government has the authority on gun laws
Umm... the 2nd amendment is why the Fed Government has NO authority on gun laws.

I have to assume your post here is a typo, since it is the 180-degree opposite of the truth.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:15 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
But what kind of arms? There are limits to everything. Would anyone have the rights to own a stinger missile ?
Were there semi auto guns available prior?

Old 05-27-2022, 04:16 PM

MAN, there are A LOT of new users posting in this thread, I WONDER why?

Old 05-27-2022, 04:17 PM

13,956 posts, read 5,625,642 times
They care about holding power, and they'd lose it for a half century if they superseded/nullified the 2nd Amendment. So no, they wouldn't.

What they'd like to do instead is legislatively hammer it until it is largely meaningless, but still allows them to preach how they haven't taken away your rights, just made the country safer. So they and their security get every badass weapon under the Sun, all the better to keep you and me subjugated, but we are limited to single shot airsoft rifles and if we want, muzzle loaders from the actual 18th century. Hey...you still have your guns, so quit crying!!

That's what they want. Keep all the power and also keep us blindly and ignorantly disarmed.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:18 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
I doubt there are background checks and whose to say that background checks in Illinois should serve as a yardstick to not passing them in Texas? How effective they are obviously depends to the extent on how each individual State implements them.
I mean, you seriously don't know that all new gun sales in the USA are subject to background checks?

You really came into this thread not knowing that?

This has been federal law for decades and decades.

Please tell us you're joking?

Old 05-27-2022, 04:26 PM

13,956 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
I have done an ATF form 4473 and a state/federal background check for every weapon I have ever purchased.

When I got my CCW, I had to attend both classroom and range training, I had to submit fingerprints, be entered into the state and federal databases as a CCW, I was background checked on four different systems, and I had to pay $200 just for the card. And I did that just to make transport of my equipment to and from the gun range easier to be in compliance with state law. I never carry.

And omg, what I went through to buy a suppressor for my pistol. A safety device that slightly dampens recoil and lowers the output noise level below the threshold of pain...20 month wait, more money than the gun itself cost, tax form, trust, ATF paperwork galore...all so if I have to use it inside my house for defense, I don't go deaf.

Gun/ammo/accessory dealers are more nitpicky about staying on the ATF's good side than you might think. Take it from the average gun owner.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:33 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
I do not think they would fully end it make a lot of changes yes

Old 05-27-2022, 06:19 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,819,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
MAN, there are A LOT of new users posting in this thread, I WONDER why?
Y'all are too funny. So, how many posts does someone have to make before they're allowed to post in POC? Is there a specific number, or is that only if they disagree with your opinion?

Oh, and no, I don't think democrats would end it. I know most of us are not against owning weapons, just against certain weapons and want more screening for those who want to purchase one. It's really not a difficult concept unless you intentionally want it to be.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Y'all are too funny. So, how many posts does someone have to make before they're allowed to post in POC? Is there a specific number, or is that only if they disagree with your opinion?

Oh, and no, I don't think democrats would end it. I know most of us are not against owning weapons, just against certain weapons and want more screening for those who want to purchase one. It's really not a difficult concept unless you intentionally want it to be.
Well, the first point flew over you head.

Yet if not in this thread, I've clearly stated that at least 1 dem stated that if she had 51 votes, she would remove all guns from the population.

And it does not matter if you or your friends are against not owning weapons, you and you friends don't make the rule, and there are very few that have that ability. Maybe you don't understand that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies