Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 02:30 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times

Advertisements

In today's environment, I really can't fault people for not wanting to get involved. You have no idea if the person causing the problem has any weapons. You don't know what led up to that or if they have any history with each other. If you by chance injured the person in any way, who knows if you would then all of the sudden be the criminal and end up in bigger trouble.

What I can take fault in is people that are more interested in trying to video incidents like this just so that they can post them on their Social Media accounts to try and get some "hits". If the event is worthy enough to film, it is worthy enough to call 9-1-1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 02:40 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBear View Post
It's New York.
Not like it hasn't happened before.
I know right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
This is but one of many consequences of promoting Democrat culture. You get what you vote for.
I seem to say this to people every single day, because it is so true

Old 05-27-2022, 02:51 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
It would have been nice if someone walked up and side kicked that POS right into a coma.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:01 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It would have been nice if someone walked up and side kicked that POS right into a coma.
I do agree with you, after all I bought my home and settled in a state that still considers self defense and defense of others to be sacrosant. However young women who choose to live in places like NYC need to understand and accept the risks of living in such a place.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:03 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
As already mentioned, the bad guy had a society approved melanin shield, thus giving him instant victim cred were anyone to intervene in his assault on that woman.

Anyone intervening goes to jail for a hate crime. That's where we are right now, and everyone knows it.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:17 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
In today's environment, I really can't fault people for not wanting to get involved. You have no idea if the person causing the problem has any weapons. You don't know what led up to that or if they have any history with each other. If you by chance injured the person in any way, who knows if you would then all of the sudden be the criminal and end up in bigger trouble.

What I can take fault in is people that are more interested in trying to video incidents like this just so that they can post them on their Social Media accounts to try and get some "hits". If the event is worthy enough to film, it is worthy enough to call 9-1-1.
I have told my husband not to get involved with anything violent that might be happening, and I have no intention of doing that either. And, yes, same with one doesn't know the "history" of the two either. Far, far too many women go back again and again into abusive relationships, so why risk your well-being?

One of the upsides of someone videotaping though is if it got worse, that person would have it on tape.

Quote:
Probably not nice for the person afterwards, maybe a knife or gun wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
As already mentioned, the bad guy had a society approved melanin shield, thus giving him instant victim cred were anyone to intervene in his assault on that woman.

Anyone intervening goes to jail for a hate crime. That's where we are right now, and everyone knows it.
I don't think that had anything to do with it! Getting involved can cost one their life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Women are equal now. They can be assaulted and harassed just like the rest of us

That's what happens when you push the "equality/equity" stuff, this is the logical consequence.
And, that has nothing to do with it either. So, you're one that thinks the little woman belongs at home in the kitchen? Yeah, I know the type.

I don't think it being a male or female, a black, a white, a Hispainc, a Muslim, a Catholic, a Protestant, or a Buddhist would have made a difference. Anyone intervening could have LOST THEIR LIFE!

I enjoy being equal and have always pulled my own weight. I don't need a man to defend me either!

Old 05-27-2022, 03:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Perp has the melanin protective coating. Nobody wants to be on “the wrong side of history” as they do love to say.
Bingo…sad but true.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:31 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

Yep, which is why I would not have intervened if I had been there. It stinks, that normal men have to suppress their chivalrous desire to help a lady in distress. But one heroic man cannot stand against the flood tide of societal criticism and the weight of the legal system coming down on his head, all because he dared to do something negative to a POC.

Unless and until sanity returns, I will not be going to New York City. As they say, the fight you're most likely to win is the one that you don't get into in the first place.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:36 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
New Yorkers have a long history of turning a blind eye.

Nobody is coming to save you.

You are your own first responder.

The police are not required to defend you.

But the govt in NY strips your human right of self defense. Only criminals have rights anymore.

Until people start taking these criminals out it only will get worse.
Pretty hard to do in NYC, the government wants to keep violent criminals save. Victims are disarmed. OSHA for the bad guys.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:38 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
So, for those that think skin color matters, if the guy was white, you would have jumped in, possibly risking your life because this guy had this woman by the hair? Left your wife a widow, and your kids without a father? Yeah, my husband knows he better not do that, not in the world today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies