Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 12:18 PM

64 posts, read 25,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I could just as easily ask you why don't you move to Russia or Hungary since you don't like the most recent election results?

The US is my home, I was born here and I shall do what I feel is the best thing to make it a better place.
I'm not the one trying to restrict civil rights, one of the pillars of the greatest nation on Earth. And yes, the 2A is a civil right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 12:19 PM

8,951 posts, read 2,976,284 times
Quote:
The women of Australia have already answered your question for you. You just don't like what they're saying.
Yes, they demand to be disarmed during rapes! They say it all the time!

You don't have the courage to even take a stand that they should have the ability to be armed.

Telling. If we lived by your philosophy, we'd be speaking German right now.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:19 PM

20,888 posts, read 9,592,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
By begging your government to disarm you and take away your rights like you're a serf.

Since I don't own any guns, I am already voluntarily disarmed. And no, I am not cowering in fear that the government is going to start shooting at me for expressing a political viewpoint. Not even when Trump was president was I afraid of that!

Old 05-31-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, they demand to be disarmed during rapes! They say it all the time!
Since Australians strongly approve of their current gun laws, most of them do not fear being unarmed. It's sad you cannot understand that.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Since I don't own any guns, I am already voluntarily disarmed. And no, I am not cowering in fear that the government is going to start shooting at me for expressing a political viewpoint. Not even when Trump was president was I afraid of that!
Yup, ignorant of history too. American Indians, Jews in Germany. Ukrainians in 2022.

You were given rights that most men don't have, yet you want to relinquish them to your rulers.

Sad, very, very sad.

James Madison would slap you in the face and challenge you to a duel.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Since Australians strongly approve of their current gun laws, most of them do not fear being unarmed. It's sad you cannot understand that.
was she better off?

Thank goodness she's not allowed to defend herself! Civilized country:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...30-p5api5.html

Old 05-31-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Yup, ignorant of history too. American Indians, Jews in Germany. Ukrainians in 2022.

You were given rights that most men don't have, yet you want to relinquish them to your rulers.

Sad, very, very sad.

James Madison would slap you in the face and challenge you to a duel.
Quotes like the above do nothing but reinforce my first post in this thread:
Quote:
The depths of right-wing paranoia are clearly evident in this thread.

In Canada, most of Western Europe, Australia and a whole bunch of other places, gun ownership is much more restrictive than in the US, and they are not "back to the primitive days" you fear. If anything, those places are more civilized than the US.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:24 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,605,626 times
Quote:
How do you know that? You're saying no woman in Australia thinks their gun laws are idiotic and wishes they could defend themselves? That's enormous nonsense.

Your message is "well, you didn't protest for the right."

HAHA! You seriously can't even answer the question? That's amazing.

the chest thumping strongman you speak of most likely is a trump tainted republican...just look at the blowhards they support there are always exceptions to everything but the vast majority of western country's see no need for a stockpile of weaponry, and you know that but continue to DEFLECT

Old 05-31-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Quotes like the above do nothing but reinforce my first post in this thread:
Here's the Canadian gun owners' Reddit:

They aren't very happy

https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadianFirearms/

Many of them don't think like serfs like you do, however they are powerless to do anything because they don't have a Bill of Rights like we do that you take for granted.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
was she better off?

Thank goodness she's not allowed to defend herself! Civilized country:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...30-p5api5.html
I hope you don't think I stated my claim without looking it up first.

Go to page 15:
https://www.essentialvision.com.au/w...ort_270318.pdf

In Australia, 62% believe their current gun rights are just about right. Only 7% think they're too strict. And a quarter want them even stricter.

Yes, that's just 7% who would prefer something more like the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies