Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 11:07 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,970,530 times

Advertisements

To our anti-gun friends here, what did the world look like before firearms were invented?

You realize that if you ever achieved your goal of "no guns," that we'd be back to the primitive days where "only the strong call the shots?"

When no one has guns, strong young men will still be able to rape women.

They'll still be able to beat up an old lady or man and take their wallet.

They'll still be able to commit murder, even with just their bare hands.

They'll still be able to loot and rob stores.

In fact, I'll be easier because there's no way for anyone weaker or with less physical capabilities to stop them!

If you believe in equality, then you DON'T want a society where only the physically strong rule the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 11:11 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,563,933 times
The depths of right-wing paranoia are clearly evident in this thread.

In Canada, most of Western Europe, Australia and a whole bunch of other places, gun ownership is much more restrictive than in the US, and they are not "back to the primitive days" you fear. If anything, those places are more civilized than the US.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The depths of right-wing paranoia are clearly evident in this thread.

In Canada, most of Western Europe, Australia and a whole bunch of other places, gun ownership is much more restrictive than in the US, and they are not "back to the primitive days" you fear. If anything, those places are more civilized than the US.
in those places, I guess it's morally better for a woman to just "take it" than to be able to fight back with dignity with a firearm.

GROSS.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
in those places, I guess it's morally better for a woman to just "take it" than to be able to fight back with dignity with a firearm.

GROSS.
In other words, you cannot address my point so you simply have to repeat your assertion.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
In other words, you cannot address my point so you simply have to repeat your assertion.
Your point was garbage. I don't think it's more "civilized" for a woman to have to fight a man with her bare hands to avoid being raped or assaulted.

I think I directly fileted your point.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:17 AM

1,702 posts, read 785,824 times
Apparently our anti-gun "friends" have never heard of Venezuela or Nicaragua. Those "Presidents" kill hundreds of citizens all of the time simply for protesting their governments. Apparently they've never heard of the Tiananmen Square Massacre where thousands were killed simply for protesting against communist China. <-<- All of these societies are ones who restrict or outright ban firearms.

So we need to get rid of guns, you all say. Only then will we all be safe, you all say. I call BS... see the ^ above as reasons why we gun owners should not comply or compromise with those who are anti-gun.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Your point was garbage. I don't think it's more "civilized" for a woman to have to fight a man with her bare hands to avoid being raped or assaulted.

I think I directly fileted your point.
No you did not.

Is Canada uncivilized? How about, say, France? Is New Zealand uncivilized?

Here are rape stats by nation:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ics-by-country

There are just 3 developed nations with higher rape rates than the US - Belgium (barely), Sweden and Australia. Basically every other developed nation has a lower rape rate than the US, including France, Canada, France, Finland, Luxembourg, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, etc. All of those places have more restrictive gun ownership laws than in the US. I don't hear shouts of protest coming from women in those countries begging to own a gun so they can protect themselves from being raped.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Apparently our anti-gun "friends" have never heard of Venezuela or Nicaragua. Those "Presidents" kill hundreds of citizens all of the time simply for protesting their governments. Apparently they've never heard of the Tiananmen Square Massacre where thousands were killed simply for protesting against communist China. <-<- All of these societies are ones who restrict or outright ban firearms.

So we need to get rid of guns, you all say. Only then will we all be safe, you all say. I call BS... see the ^ above as reasons why we gun owners should not comply or compromise with those who are anti-gun.
Apparently our pro-gun "friends" have never heard of Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, etc., etc., etc., where people are restricted from owning guns, but the government has never killed hundreds of citizens just for protesting.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:26 AM

24,514 posts, read 17,265,170 times
I can only imagine the Fear a woman has when her boyfriend that she had arrested for abusing her, is prosecuted and quickly released because some Liberal judge let him go, and he is now back, filled with anger and banging on her door.

I think she would feel a lot better if she had a phone in one hand calling 911 and the "equalizer" in the other in case that door fails.

Our elected elite are so out of touch. They have created the rise in crime due to their failed policies and they have created a generation of kids that do not fear authority while carrying little scruples. They steal, they rob, rape and they shoot each other because there is seldom any repercussions for their bad behavior.

When you think about the hypocrisy of our elected we only need to look towards the Border that is wide open and they refuse to secure it to protect us all BUT after the Capital was swarmed on 1/6 the walls went up round DC and thousands of National Guard was called in to protect them.

They would disarm us for our own safety yet they continue to do nothing to stop the gun murders that happen in so many of our inner cities every day?

Outlaw guns and only the Outlaws will have them and that includes our Elected.

Old 05-31-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
No you did not.

Is Canada uncivilized? How about, say, France? Is New Zealand uncivilized?

Here are rape stats by nation:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ics-by-country

There are just 3 developed nations with higher rape rates than the US - Belgium (barely), Sweden and Australia. Basically every other developed nation has a lower rape rate than the US, including France, Canada, France, Finland, Luxembourg, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, etc. All of those places have more restrictive gun ownership laws than in the US. I don't hear shouts of protest coming from women in those countries begging to own a gun so they can protect themselves from being raped.
Yes, I repeat:

Canada and any place that expects women to fight men with their bare hands are UNCIVILIZED.

While a woman is being raped in Australia, should she take comfort that their rate is lower than that in the USA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies